In 2018 can we finally admit that Toby Mcguire was the GOAT spiderman?

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Hold on b

what you trying to say at DC aka gawDC:pacspit:

The Venom storylines could had beenbe trilogy.

Spiderman 3 - black suit Spiderman and Pete getting rid of it.

Spiderman 4 - Eddie Brock becomes Venom and is the Villan of the movie. Venom should have its own movie and his own storyline. Not playing sidekick to sand man.

Spiderman 5 - Carnage comes into play, and Venom and Spiderman has to team up and save the world.

Instead they gave us Spiderman 3 just like DC rushed and gave us BvS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League without the proper origins movies for those classic characters.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Venom storylines could had beenbe trilogy.

Spiderman 3 - black suit Spiderman and Pete getting rid of it.

Spiderman 4 - Eddie Brock becomes Venom and is the Villan of the movie. Venom should have its own movie and his own storyline. Not playing sidekick to sand man.

Spiderman 5 - Carnage comes into play, and Venom and Spiderman has to team up and save the world.

Instead they gave us Spiderman 3 just like DC rushed and gave us BvS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League without the proper origins movies for those classic characters.

The original plan was to split it into two movies. Rami couldn’t find a spot he wanted to split it up at (pretty obvious to me) so he went with a truncated version. But he also didn’t like the character or understand him that well and it shows because the true heart of that movie is in the sandman Harry stuff not the Eddie stuff.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No. He graduated from high school like 50 years ago

And those issues are the ones that have been constantly referenced, remade, or made allusion to in the 50 years since. All those first interactions with the core members of his rogues gallery, the stuff at the bugle, the beginning of the feud with Goblin, and the soap opera drama. All of that came from him being in high school and is just remixed since. The 80s and 90s spider-man run doesn't have a good rap and outside of a few bright spots, is loaded with clone saga nonsense thats all bullshyt. The 70s is known for Gwen Stacy. The first 26 issues were the foundation of the character and every writer since has basically taken that and did their own version of it.

Him being out of high school for 50 years has nothing to do with how those stories have hold up or their impact on the people still writing spider-man today. It's the main reason ultimate spider-man even exists and why it was so successful.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And those issues are the ones that have been constantly referenced, remade, or made allusion to in the 50 years since. All those first interactions with the core members of his rogues gallery, the stuff at the bugle, the beginning of the feud with Goblin, and the soap opera drama. All of that came from him being in high school and is just remixed since. The 80s and 90s spider-man run doesn't have a good rap and outside of a few bright spots, is loaded with clone saga nonsense thats all bullshyt. The 70s is known for Gwen Stacy. The first 26 issues were the foundation of the character and every writer since has basically taken that and did their own version of it.

Him being out of high school for 50 years has nothing to do with how those stories have hold up or their impact on the people still writing spider-man today. It's the main reason ultimate spider-man even exists and why it was so successful.
You're right

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're right

I mean the ill thing is, and ive said this before, but Brian Bendis is going to have more impact on the character and every iteration going forward than Stan Lee. Rami's first movie owes so much to Bendis, as does the Amazing Spider-Man series and Homecoming is basically a Bendis issue come to life. And all he did was write high school Peter.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Traditionally breh most popular Spider-Man run is him in high school *shrug*

Actually it isn't. You need to do your research. The animated series on Fox literally boosted toy sales after its 4 year run. Its also the most accurate, and the only animated Spiderman that's on the best animated series's of all time list(s) on IMDB and TV.com.

FSP

Banned
Daps
No. But I do think the supporting cast for the first two films was mad underrated. DaFoe absolutely CRUSHED the Green Goblin role, as did whoever played Dr. Octopus. I also thought James Franco and jk Simmons were well cast. The 3rd movie should have never happened. The first two movies are still an enjoyable experience overall, though a bit dark for the MCU formula of today

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Actually it isn't. You need to do your research. The animated series on Fox literally boosted toy sales after its 4 year run. Its also the most accurate, and the only animated Spiderman that's on the best animated series's of all time list(s) on IMDB and TV.com.

So because IMDb and tv.com say it I gotta my agree? Sales in that time were high already because of the clone saga but that bubble burst quickly. I’ve done my Spider-Man research homie. That series isn’t even the best Spider-Man series to be on tv.

In fact, sales were so bad for Spider-Man in the late 90s, while this show was still on, they rebooted it with chapter one. And those sales were so bad, also while this show was still on, they did ultimate Spider-Man which was another semi reboot. Joe quesada and everyone else associated with the company at that time has talked about how bad sales were for even their top tier books and how the ultimate universe, specocially ultimate Spider-Man, saved marvel.

In fact homie, sales from 94-99 were all way down what they were in the early 90s.

Comichron: Amazing Spider-Man Sales Figures

Look at the figures after 93. The show did more for Spider-Man toys than Spider-Man comics.

Last edited:

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
AGAIN I REPEAT YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN IF YOU LIKE TOM HOLLAND

Peep the 3:40 mark :banderas:

So Stan Lee isn’t a fan?

I think @TomHolland1996 is a great Spider-Man. He is the exact height and age I envisioned when I first wrote Spider-Man. Spidey was never supposed to be too large. How is my friend Tom doing?

— stan lee (@TheRealStanLee) May 19, 2018

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I hated Toby's Peter parker but his Spiderman was cool. Same with Garfield's peter parker but for different reasons. Holland seem to have both Peter parker and Spiderman right.

---- PP Spiderman
Toby 4/10. 9/10
Andrew 4/10. 7/10
Tom 7/10. 8/10

Something like that..