In 1992, The Movie “Boomerang” Exposed White People’s Racism.

Daps
Ay I thank y'all for bringing this to light. I was like 9-10 when the movie came out and mom dukes wouldn't let me watch it. I never went back to watch it as an adult.... I just started watching it now. :wow: ... I'm 10 mins in........ the ensemble cast and all the actors I' ve already picked out, even the extras have a few known faces..... the tone of the movie, just emantes class,.:banderas:.....them boys talking that playa shyt too..... awww man now I get what the older heads in the thread talk about where we went wrong..

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Bumping

I saw this on IG again

Moonpie chin having hoghead having playing second fiddle to Johnny Carson cac tried to make it one way :mjpls:

Its sucks that Eddie tried his hardest to put black folks on beyond the stereotypes. From Harlem Nights to Life, dude really put his ten toes down on black excellence, but Nutty Professor and AKEEM!!

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Moonpie chin having hoghead having playing second fiddle to Johnny Carson cac tried to make it one way :mjpls:

Its sucks that Eddie tried his hardest to put black folks on beyond the stereotypes. From Harlem Nights to Life, dude really put his ten toes down on black excellence, but Nutty Professor and AKEEM!!

There were black led offices way before 1992

It’s amazing how little they know about us know how the world works.

Are you that insular that you don’t know that black professionals exist in their own firms without white leads?

Pathetic and hilarious and disheartening at the same time.

Wait until they find out that black people run entire countries without white help.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Are you that insular that you don’t know that black professionals exist in their own firms without white leads?

Wait until they find out that black people run entire countries without white help.

Its sad breh. Look at the shyt now going on with the new Assassins Creed game. White folks up and down are FUMING and saying all of this "diversity" babble, instead of realizing that there was actually a black samurai.

It blows my mind of how sheltered white folks are and chose to die on ignorance, but will quick to insult intelligence and tell folks to "do some research".

Its pathetic. Like we will always be this hidden gem of talent, blessings, and manifestation, but will be seen as typical one trick ponies because of white supremacy.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That actually makes them uncomfortable.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps

This is a flat out lie and disingenuous to the highest degree.

You have no idea what capitalism is.

Let alone global white hegemony.

Sit this one out :mjlol:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The following is a series of articles based on a film review of Boomerang in the LA Times by
KENNETH TURAN.

Only 31 years old, Murphy, if “Boomerang” is any indication, is having himself an identity crisis. Once one of the funniest of men, with $1 billion in worldwide grosses to prove it, he now, like Robin Williams before him, seems to feel that comedy isn’t quite good enough. Instead he wants to be thought of as a romantic leading man, a suave successor to Cary Grant and friends. Not only is that a role that Murphy has no particular flair for, it also leads to a squandering of the considerable talent he does have.

1992 aladdin

1997 good will hunting

2002 one hour photo

Turan :camby:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
That actually makes them uncomfortable.

A world where they're not the focal point is one of their biggest fears.

So white people have ‘main character syndrome’?

That opens up a whole other level.
:ohhh:
It’s deeper than that and Eddie touched upon it in that Jay Leno clip you posted. That clip is actually the reason I made this thread because I looked that Turan clown up and surprise surprise, he’s another old hating CAC.

White people have no issue seeing black people being overrepresented when it comes to the worst aspects of our culture. Why do you think the biggest consumers of gangster rap, Madea movies, these black c00ning YouTubers are white?

It’s not a coincidence that they don’t complain about the lack of white representation when black people are shown as buffoons, caricatures and destitute. That reinforces their “superiority”.

CACs don’t complain about not being at the BET Awards because they see how low class it has become. But I promise you if it became a much more elegant, prestigious affair, they’d start foaming at the mouths about not being included.

But once we start showing ourselves in an elegant, respectful, intelligent manner, it eats away at them. Those Tulsa race riots came from deep seated jealously. “How are these recently freed slaves able to thrive in a system rigged against them? And poor white trash like myself is struggling?”

They know they can’t compete with us on a level playing field. That’s why sports (especially boxing) is deeply entrenched with racial undertones. That’s why they continue to put laws in place to create obstacles.

And that’s why when movies like Boomerang or Harlem Nights are made, they were quick to shyt on it because there was no white savior to rescue these “hapless” negros.