I rewatched Boomerang and checked Rotten Tomatoes to find that that audiences and critics trashed this movie. How is this possible?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I'll tell you what's funnier than you pivoting from reacting to Rotten tomatoes to googling old reviews

Is this post of mine from 2018

Keep juelzing and patting yourself on the back for thinking you're bringing NEW information to other members, though.
Thank you for actually contributing to the thread. Nice to see you flip. Went from saying “rotten tomatoes didn’t exist then” and dismissing reviews to now saying “oh it’s always been like this”.

Clown ass Nets nikka

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Rotten Tomatoes was known for being biased. They trashed a lot of good films. Also there was a time when movies competed against each other in the theaters and Rotten Tomatoes did lien on pushing certain movies. Having a black movie and a majority black cast wasn't one of them. They also gave Harlem Nights two starts.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Thank you for actually contributing to the thread. Nice to see you flip. Went from saying “rotten tomatoes didn’t exist then” and dismissing reviews to now saying “oh it’s always been like this”.

Clown ass Nets nikka
Just concede what's obvious to everybody reading the thread.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
How can something be mid and almost a classic? That don’t make damn sense. If something is almost a classic doesn’t this presume it’s pretty good but doesn’t stick the landing? Pretty good isn’t mid.
As an adult I understand story and writing more. it Wasn’t the greatest.

movies like new jack, Scarface, & belly were not great with me watching as a adult. the acting of dmx, Wesley, & AL made those movies cult classics. That’s how I feel about BR

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
all the men useta talk about women feet prior to this movie bein made.. especially the 2nd toe ...

i notice all their women grandmas mom.. aunts etc had long 2nd toes...:russ:

when Marcus was checking out their feet.. i knew they was onto something...

lady eloise had wack toes

strange's wack toes

halle was the one

FJohQuyXoAAZTFs.jpg

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
It was well known that back then white critics would often hate on black films that put a LOT of black talent in successful positions in movies. Especially if the other successful people were ALSO black.

Its okay to have a black successful person in a majorly white successful space as "one of the good ones" but when everyone is black and successful? Shiiiet, they weren't having that shyt. They hated Harlem Nights too.

You had to put black folks in rundown situations, in the hood shooting each other and shyt or some other 'struggle' shyt in order for them to feel that it was 'realistic'.

Who the fukk are you? :dahell:
A fukking chef with the way he just cooked that boy :manny:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I think the main thing to take from cac critics being so displeased with the film is their keen sense of image perception. :jbhmm:
It bothered them seeing white men in s subservient position for a Top model presentation. It bothered them not seeing caricatures of black people shucking and jiving. It distributed them seeing nothing but black people in autonomous powerful positions in a world not shaped by them. In fact there wasn't much racial commentary in the film at all and when it was the main characters mostly viewed it as a conspiracy theory. White Americans were not ever present in the psyche of successful professional black people and this bothered them.
Boomerang is a radical film off gp. Which is why black folks loved it. It's how our world view would be without the hindrance of cacs.