IMDB to shut down its Message Boards

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The Rosario Dawson board :mjlol:

Those boards were good for looking up a random actor or somebody you haven't seen since a movie from 95 and getting an update on them from somebody in the know
Latest thread:

wLgCEww.png

05536278-888e-4ade-9a42-83ecfe625855
MDzNo8U.png

B2IqNtK.png

@Jacksonville Swaguar

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I only go there for the "Did you know trivia" section...will that be affected?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I saw this yesterday and was really disappointed by this news :(

Practically every TV Show/Movie I looked up had some discussion, forum was great for answering one might have had about said TV Show/Movie.

I'm really gonna miss this forum :sadbron:

I will admit the rating system of Black film is :mjpls: Luke Cage being rated 7.9 :childplease: shyt was an 8.5 MINIMUM :birdman:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
a$$holes ruined it. for every great informative discussion/debate there, there were 7 "He/She looks exactly like!" or "Is he/she gay?" threads and that's obviously all they saw. bunch of pussies complaining about spoilers too after clicking on an obvious fukkin spoiler thread. "What happened when So and So shot..." then the 2nd reply "ummm, you didn't say SPOILER WARNING, a$$hole!!!!"

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw this yesterday and was really disappointed by this news :(

Practically every TV Show/Movie I looked up had some discussion, forum was great for answering one might have had about said TV Show/Movie.

I'm really gonna miss this forum :sadbron:

I will admit the rating system of Black film is :mjpls: Luke Cage being rated 7.9 :childplease: shyt was an 8.5 MINIMUM :birdman:

I always mentally add 2 points to any film rating of a black movie lol.

Any black film that has over a 6 rating is a miracle.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Sucks. I like reading what other people say about shows. I can't take AVClub seriously because everyone is too caught up in being politically correct or liking a show because it's in the zeitgeist (or they are a fan of some random white actor that mainstream audiences are uninterested in like Maria Bamford or Greta Gerwig). That becomes repetitive. No one ever talked about Blunt Talk (Starz) here, so I would read IMDB to see any discussion I could find about it.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Thank god.

Every movie with a racial element (like A Time to Kill) or hell any black movie or movie with a strong black character the cacs will waste no time posting their with some negative comment pertaining to anything black in it. Perhaps the most racist and anti-black board I've ever seen and it's only better then YouTube because they actually filter out slurs.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Thank god.

Every movie with a racial element (like A Time to Kill) or hell any black movie or movie with a strong black character the cacs will waste no time posting their with some negative comment pertaining to anything black in it. Perhaps the most racist and anti-black board I've ever seen and it's only better then YouTube because they actually filter out slurs.
The Magnificent Seven remake sure did get a lot of hate when it first opened. Some of the racism on that message board was just ridiculous :snoop:

Just the thought of an Alpha black man leading a band of men, calling the shots, burned their souls.

They even made threads celebrating that it didn't make 100 million domestically :stopitslime:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
For well over 15 years those boards were a cesspool of trolls and a$$holes and the definition of why the internet is a dark place.

fukk em. There's a few other places that get to stepping too

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The Magnificent Seven remake sure did get a lot of hate when it first opened. Some of the racism on that message board was just ridiculous :snoop:

Just the thought of an Alpha black man leading a band of men, calling the shots, burned their souls.

They even made threads celebrating that it didn't make 100 million domestically :stopitslime:
I didn't even watch the movie but from what people were telling me is that Denzel didn't even get the main female as his love interest even though he was the highest billing star and the leader. nikka got no p*ssy in the film yet cacs still hated it man gtfoh.