Im Sorry But the LAST Thing the Black Community Needs Is Yet Another Slave Movie

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
We just need films with universal themes
Something that people can relate to

Nat Turner is an example of someone standing up to their oppressors
how is that not a universal theme

We also need to show the other side of the civil rights/ black liberation movement they focus on King way too much

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
We just need films with universal themes
Something that people can relate to

Nat Turner is an example someone standing to their oppressors
how is that not a universal theme

We also need to show the other side of the civil rights/ black liberation movement they focus on King way too much

:mjpls::heh: I wish the brothers behind this success. but I'd be surprised like hell if that shyt even breaks even. Most black people wont give a shyt. and most white people ain't trying to see fed up slaves get "even" on white women and children.

Last edited:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
One thing I have noticed is with every slave movie all the A-List cac actors come out for it.
Brad Pitt is one of the biggest actors of all time and he took that minor small ass role in 12 YAS. I have never seen a slave or heavily racial movie with no name or B-List white actors/actresses.

Ask a cac to be in your slave movie where he doesn't get to say "******" or beat black people and watch them tell their agents to decline. :mjpls:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This is why black people need to start producing their own films, but it takes historical research to do a film set in Africa before slavery.

Everyone would love to see a Taharqa, Queen Nzinga, or Mansa Musa film but who in hollywood or what literature can do them justice based on what we have already seen??
This should be the next step for Tariq Nasheed.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
One thing I have noticed is with every slave movie all the A-List cac actors come out for it.
Brad Pitt is one of the biggest actors of all time and he took that minor small ass role in 12 YAS. I have never seen a slave or heavily racial movie with no name or B-List white actors/actresses.

Ask a cac to be in your slave movie where he doesn't get to say "******" or beat black people and watch them tell their agents to decline. :mjpls:

His production company financed it. It wouldn't get approved without him appearing in it. And he was the "good" one.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
This should be the next step for Tariq Nasheed.
But it takes a incredible amount of historical research, time, and most importantly financing to fund a bioepic like I have aforementioned.

And we expect something like the Kingdom of Heaven and Troy. It cant be "janke" like Tariq likes to point out.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
How do you think they are able to manufacture the consent amongst black folks?:mjpls:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
But it takes a incredible amount of historical research, time, and most importantly financing to fund a bioepic like I have aforementioned.

And we expect something like the Kingdom of Heaven and Troy. It cant be "janke" like Tariq likes to point out.
He can start off with a lower budget, smaller sets mostly dialogue films to get the money right for the epic film which could come later.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
He can start off with a lower budget, smaller sets mostly dialogue films to get the money right for the epic film which could come later.

nobody is going to give PUA turned civil rights activist Tariq Nasheed the capital to make a film over a few million. It's just not happening with him at the helm . Hell Danny Glover tried to make a film and still cant get funding and he's Danny Glover.