Im Sorry But the LAST Thing the Black Community Needs Is Yet Another Slave Movie

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
nikka how many white people know who Marie Antonette was? WIlliam Wallce before Braveheart?

They dont care, because the point of those movies is to EMPOWER white folks. Give them a sense of HISTORY and KNOWLEDGE of their past.

Some black people may not know, but there is a strong contingent (and growing) number of black people wanting to know their history and black heros who EMPOWERED their people and fought against cacs.

And you also have a low opinion on your own people. More black people are waking up to being more self-conscious and wanting to know more about their history

Ya'll really think the Coli is a macrocosm of the African American community. MOST people don't give a fukk about being self conscious or history, let alone black people. And hell at least Marie Antonette was in a fukking school book, and the oft quoted "let them eat cake" so I'm sure she's known more than you think. I don't have a low opinion of my people I'm being truthful. Just because a couple nikkas on an internet site is "illuminated" don't mean, the hood is getting become hotepd out and we should put an end to slave films

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
:mjlol: I honestly wanted to say mainstream but I was like nah... Slave movies get the mainstream push while you have stuff like Meet the Blacks barely getting $2 mil to produce.

Man 12 years a slave took YEARS before it got enough money to be produced. Ya'll acting like Hollywood producers are all like OOH Slave movie I smell 500 million in profit. They don't even wanna come up with the money to make them shyts.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Ya'll really think the Coli is a macrocosm of the African American community. MOST people don't give a fukk about being self conscious or history, let alone black people. And hell at least Marie Antonette was in a fukking school book, and the oft quoted "let them eat cake" so I'm sure she's known more than you think. I don't have a low opinion of my people I'm being truthful. Just because a couple nikkas on an internet site is "illuminated" don't mean, the hood is getting become hotepd out and we should put an end to slave films
Again it's not because they dont know the fukking historical character, its because there are people THAT LOOK LIKE THEM doing POSITIVE things and not like some spear-chuggers of yesteryear.

That would be the major draw REGARDLESS of if they actually knew the historical character or not because its POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT of their own people.

U think the average hillbilly or cac know or care about Richard the Lionheart or whoever Brad Pitt played in Troy? Nah, they dont they wanted to see a white man kick some sand-c00n/Turk ass on film, see how that empowers cacs??

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Again it's not because they dont know the fukking historical character, its because there are people THAT LOOK LIKE THEM doing POSITIVE things and not like some spear-chuggers of yesteryear.

That would be the major draw REGARDLESS of if they actually knew the historical character or not because its POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT of their own people.

U think the average hillbilly or cac know or care about Richard the Lionheart or whoever Brad Pitt played in Troy? Nah, they dont they wanted to see a white man kick some sand-c00n/Turk ass on film, see how that empowers cacs??

:patrice: I get what your're saying.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the problem isn't so much slavery tv shows/ films, its the lack of balance, if they have the same amount of slavery shows but then also had movies and tv shows about when we were kings/queens in africa, or how black people invented maths, and rules supreme in eygpt it would'nt be so bad, but all we get is whip whip whip slave slave, its nearly like subliminal messaging. and its way worse that its well known hollywood won't even cast black people in good african roles such as gods of eygpt.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
people actually watches those type of movies :mjlol:
That's not good on the psyche.

honestly when I stopped watching tv i started exercising more and my self esteem increased. @PhonZhi the media is designed to make black peopoe view themselves as inferior to whites. After not watching tv i realize genetically they are weak and insecure and use rhe media to think they are great collectively when individually they are not. white society likes to project through the media. when they see black excellence in real life they realize they everything they have been taught is a lie.

you want proof of this? one up a white person in anything they think they are good at and see that hurt...

:mjpls:
black people really need to stop mindlessly consuming so much tv and movies and media...and actually look into why things are the way they are.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
i never watch any of these slave movies and never will.

It's a great film. based off a true story.

Solomon Northup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as an American abolitionist and the primary author of the memoir Twelve Years a Slave. A free-born African American from New York, he was the son of a freed slave and free woman of color. A farmer and professional violinist, Northup had been a landowner in Hebron, New York. In 1841, he was offered a traveling musician's job and went to Washington, D.C. (where slavery was legal); there he was drugged, kidnapped, and sold as a slave. He was shipped to New Orleans, purchased by a planter, and held as a slave for 12 years in the Red River region ofLouisiana, mostly in Avoyelles Parish. He remained in slavery until he met a Canadian working on his plantation who helped get word to New York, where state law provided aid to free New York citizens kidnapped into slavery. Family and friends enlisted the aid of the Governor of New York, Washington Hunt, and Northup regained his freedom on January 3, 1853.[3]

Now if you just don't believe this man's story needed/deserved to be told then...

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It's a great film. based off a true story.

Solomon Northup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as an American abolitionist and the primary author of the memoir Twelve Years a Slave. A free-born African American from New York, he was the son of a freed slave and free woman of color. A farmer and professional violinist, Northup had been a landowner in Hebron, New York. In 1841, he was offered a traveling musician's job and went to Washington, D.C. (where slavery was legal); there he was drugged, kidnapped, and sold as a slave. He was shipped to New Orleans, purchased by a planter, and held as a slave for 12 years in the Red River region ofLouisiana, mostly in Avoyelles Parish. He remained in slavery until he met a Canadian working on his plantation who helped get word to New York, where state law provided aid to free New York citizens kidnapped into slavery. Family and friends enlisted the aid of the Governor of New York, Washington Hunt, and Northup regained his freedom on January 3, 1853.[3]

Now if you just don't believe this man's story needed/deserved to be told then...

the lack of balance/diversity in black film is the real problem.