Im Sorry But the LAST Thing the Black Community Needs Is Yet Another Slave Movie

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yea, like i appreciate that movies are being made with AAs and their history but i have been tired of slave movies.

I know im being hyperpolic but if feels like atleast 2 come out every year.

I like the lil movement going with the "regular" movies that happen to star black leads. "Think like a Man" "Think Like a Man 2" "No good deed" and "The perfect guy". pretty sure there are others.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
They got another slave movie coming out, free state of jones...I'm not understanding white people's obsession with the good ol days but they need to have several seats, we ain't going back there :ufdup:
They long to make Amerikkka "great" again :scust:

EDIT: Of course they cast the baddest black chick in the game as the wife. :mjlol:

OF course they have no problems promoting that relationship :bryan:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah nikka, u made a statement saying prominent black filmmakers are promoting slave films.

You cant back up what u say? :what:

And In what way they were promoting the film, shouldn't they promote if they had their hand in it?? :what:
When did I say "prominent" Black filmmakers? Have Black people not worked on Slave films before?

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
When did I say "prominent" Black filmmakers? Have Black people not worked on Slave films before?
U didn't object when I asked the question that said prominent black film makers.

So again why wouldnt these film makers promote a film they had a hand in?

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I think black actors need to be in movies that aren't "black" movies. just normal movies about whatever.

Inside Man was one of them, Directed by Spike Lee with Denzel as the star. nikkas are getting typecast and it's a shame, that's why Black Panther is a godsend, especially if that turns into a trilogy and spawns spin offs and TV series.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So again why wouldnt these film makers promote a film they had a hand in?
You're trying to dissolve their accountability, why would they want to promote it if they're taking cac money that's obviously attached to some sort of agenda?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
This is why black people need to start producing their own films, but it takes historical research to do a film set in Africa before slavery.

Everyone would love to see a Taharqa, Queen Nzinga, or Mansa Musa film but who in hollywood or what literature can do them justice based on what we have already seen??

:stopitslime: You really believe this? Like seriously. what percentage of "African American's" do you really think have heard of these people you speak of? Ya'll don't want slavery films but ya'll are completely lost if you believe most African Americans know their own history. It's probably mo nikkas think Django was a historical film than have ever even heard of Mansa Musa or Fredrick Douglass.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
They long to make Amerikkka "great" again :scust:

EDIT: Of course they cast the baddest black chick in the game as the wife. :mjlol:

OF course they have no problems promoting that relationship :bryan:
:mjpls:that #swirl agenda been around for centuries
:mjpls:Gugu is always playing these roles

Belle_poster.jpg

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
:stopitslime: You really believe this? Like seriously. what percentage of "African American's" do you really think have heard of these people you speak of? Ya'll don't want slavery films but ya'll are completely lost if you believe most African Americans know their own history. It's probably mo nikkas think Django was a historical film than have ever even heard of Mansa Musa or Fredrick Douglass.
nikka how many white people know who Marie Antonette was? WIlliam Wallce before Braveheart?

They dont care, because the point of those movies is to EMPOWER white folks. Give them a sense of HISTORY and KNOWLEDGE of their past.

Some black people may not know, but there is a strong contingent (and growing) number of black people wanting to know their history and black heros who EMPOWERED their people and fought against cacs.

And you also have a low opinion on your own people. More black people are waking up to being more self-conscious and wanting to know more about their history