I’m only on Chapter 4 so far but Dutch van der Linde seems like a really nice dude

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
If you wanna see Dutch's true nature and you're behind in the storyline, just stomp through his tent a few times (Especially when his lady is there) and see what happens to you. :bryan:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
dso9p4.gif

Rest easy, King.​

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
How did they put out that trash GTA V story then release this masterpiece?:snoop:

The three character gimmick screwed up the storyline for GTA V.

They were wanting to use the same mechanism for GTA IV with Niko, Johnny, and Luis but probably couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

I think the three character gimmick could have worked if they added more detail in terms of storyline and missions for all three characters. Franklin was sorely neglected after Trevor appeared and he got that house on the hills.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
nah I knew micah was gonna be a big pile of shyt from jump...I gotta look thru the RDR2 thread on another forum to remember why...but there was some shyt he did very early on in the game that rubbed me completely the wrong way

From the trailers

I didn't say after the game released

You dudes need to carefully read :unimpressed:

Edit: I forgot to put trailer in my original comment.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
How did they put out that trash GTA V story then release this masterpiece?:snoop:

The bones for RDR2's story were already set in place from when Rockstar gave a shyt about keeping with the lore and universe of the games they created, they just had to flesh it out and be reverent with the source material. Also, I still maintain the fact that since Rdr1 was written more seriously than Red Dead Revolver, they sorta had no leeway to steer into absurd shyt with the main character and his motives. Also, I still maintain that this was Rockstar wanting to prove that it could deliver a damned good Western that was written properly and played just as good as the story since up to this point the only competition they had was the ambitious but ultimately shallow Call of Juarez Brothers in Blood title.

GTA 5's story is Rockstar falling victim to the same tropes and satires they, themselves ridiculed in games before by having two outlandishly stupid characters (Trevor is what you get when the lazy writes watch too much Breaking Bad and Michael is what you get when the writers watch too many 'Insert Sitcom/Movie where a washed up white man pines for his Glory days amidst fame and riches while being disrespected at every turn' movies) that come together to sandwich the straight man (Franklin) who's caught reluctantly between the two forces until the shyt comes to a head.

Ever since I played the woefully somber Max Payne 3 and realized that Rockstar could NOT for the life of itself be bothered to find the funny like it did in games past I had little to no hope of GTA 5 being funny, much less entertaining, and this trivium system really didn't help since as others have pointed, all the characters were shallow and unless you were an edgy Cac, you found nothing remotely interesting about Trevor who was pushed front line and centre once he came on the scene (In the most disrespect-fullest way I'd like to add) and just bogarted the entire movement.

The side characters made this shyt tolerable (That Yee Yee ass haircut line was Golden) until it plodded on to the finish line. Coupled that with having to create this universe with nothing to draw on from their golden age of writing (San Andreas - GTA 4 - RDR1) and you get...that bullshyt. That's why I'm not too keen on GTA 5 getting DLC off the strength of that weak ass story, but Rockstar really got ruined with GTA Online and I fear that's gonna make damn near anything else they bring out on the same level of banality as 5 was.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
dso9p4.gif

Rest easy, King.​

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
The bones for RDR2's story were already set in place from when Rockstar gave a shyt about keeping with the lore and universe of the games they created, they just had to flesh it out and be reverent with the source material. Also, I still maintain the fact that since Rdr1 was written more seriously than Red Dead Revolver, they sorta had no leeway to steer into absurd shyt with the main character and his motives. Also, I still maintain that this was Rockstar wanting to prove that it could deliver a damned good Western that was written properly and played just as good as the story since up to this point the only competition they had was the ambitious but ultimately shallow Call of Juarez Brothers in Blood title.

GTA 5's story is Rockstar falling victim to the same tropes and satires they, themselves ridiculed in games before by having two outlandishly stupid characters (Trevor is what you get when the lazy writes watch too much Breaking Bad and Michael is what you get when the writers watch too many 'Insert Sitcom/Movie where a washed up white man pines for his Glory days amidst fame and riches while being disrespected at every turn' movies) that come together to sandwich the straight man (Franklin) who's caught reluctantly between the two forces until the shyt comes to a head.

Ever since I played the woefully somber Max Payne 3 and realized that Rockstar could NOT for the life of itself be bothered to find the funny like it did in games past I had little to no hope of GTA 5 being funny, much less entertaining, and this trivium system really didn't help since as others have pointed, all the characters were shallow and unless you were an edgy Cac, you found nothing remotely interesting about Trevor who was pushed front line and centre once he came on the scene (In the most disrespect-fullest way I'd like to add) and just bogarted the entire movement.

The side characters made this shyt tolerable (That Yee Yee ass haircut line was Golden) until it plodded on to the finish line. Coupled that with having to create this universe with nothing to draw on from their golden age of writing (San Andreas - GTA 4 - RDR1) and you get...that bullshyt. That's why I'm not too keen on GTA 5 getting DLC off the strength of that weak ass story, but Rockstar really got ruined with GTA Online and I fear that's gonna make damn near anything else they bring out on the same level of banality as 5 was.

dso9p4.gif

Rest easy, King.​

Why do people still say "Rockstar"

The brains behind the story was Dan Houser and no more than 2 other guys giving input.

Only time it should be referred to as Rockstar as a whole is if you're talking about game design, mechanics etc.

the same thing with "Rockstar has changed" no, they didn't. Take Two tells them what to do, since GTA Online is a success they've tightened their control over them, if it wasn't for that, Rockstar would have dropped Bully 2, Undead Nightmare 2 and GTA V SP DLC.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
nah I knew micah was gonna be a big pile of shyt from jump...I gotta look thru the RDR2 thread on another forum to remember why...but there was some shyt he did very early on in the game that rubbed me completely the wrong way

Well his missions were probably the reason, he would do some stupid shyt and you would kill entire cities damn near to get him out of a jam and then he wouldn't even be grateful for you risking your life for him.

I damn near didnt go back to strawberry for like my entire playthrough cuz I didnt wanna pay that bounty