I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

The only quote that matters:

“Writing the Marvel obituary would be ill-advised,” says Jason Squire, professor emeritus at USC School of Cinematic Arts and host of “The Movie Business Podcast.” “Kevin Feige is the Babe Ruth of movie executives, and Marvel has the most profitable track record in movie history. No question.”

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The only quote that matters:

“Writing the Marvel obituary would be ill-advised,” says Jason Squire, professor emeritus at USC School of Cinematic Arts and host of “The Movie Business Podcast.” “Kevin Feige is the Babe Ruth of movie executives, and Marvel has the most profitable track record in movie history. No question.”
Marvel out chea being sloppy and the Mouse not happy.

:sas2:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Article didn’t mention Black Panther even though it made more than Guardians.

Black Panther brought in new fans and they’re just alienating them:snoop: Iron Heart shouldn’t be pushed back.

Shang Chi brought in new fans as well, but there’s no mention of a sequel.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Marvel out chea being sloppy and the Mouse not happy.

:sas2:
Can't help a pandemic, writer's strike and a corrupt police department trying to get a successful actor railroaded.
But Disney/Marvel has made mistakes as well ramped up production too much and that has also caused a slow to come together overarching story and projects that don't appeal to the masses.
I'm hoping by the middle of 2024 they will get back on track. I believe in the gawd Feige. He is staying quiet which I like so he has his head down and is working hard. That's the right attitude, he's not all up in the press and social media trying to explain away the damage.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
What's new in this article that wasn't previously reported?

A whisper has turned to a full blown blast.

That's what happened. There's a big difference from calling folks "disgruntled fans who piss and moan" to the whole industry taking a shyt on you exposing your sinking ship.

That they can't get Blade and Daredevil right is a joke.

Best thing happened to these fools was the writers and actors strike

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
A whisper has turned to a full blown blast.

That's what happened. There's a big difference from calling folks "disgruntled fans who piss and moan" to the whole industry taking a shyt on you exposing your sinking ship.

That they can't get Blade and Daredevil right is a joke.

Best thing happened to these fools was the writers and actors strike
So nothing. lol
It's an article in Variety not "the whole industry".

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Nah it’s fair.
The OG avengers cast were the ones who carried those films and Boseman was set to be the leader of the new school

Not really. There were too many unknown variables. They at least left open the possibility of BP still playing a prominent role through his son, but it's not just about BP. It's about Wakanda. And the movie introduced an entire new civilization with Namor's people. Then there's Shang Chi and the 10 Rings organization.

So you have 2 advanced nations in the MCU with super heros, and they are nothing more than a footnote? You have Asgard on earth and it's treated like a 6 flags resort.

Marvel's biggest issue is that it simply has too much going on.

Everything character that dropped in the first 3 phases, you pretty much knew when to expect a sequel and how they generally fit into the Infinity Saga.

The Overall theme of Phase 4 was dealing with the aftermath of the Infinity Saga, but at the same time, it stalled.

At some point, you have to close that chapter totally. If Boseman had lived, he would've still been dealing with Thor, Dr Strange and all of the other content that wasn't well received. That movie would've gotten lost in the mix with everything else. Even to this day, Wakanda Forever is barely mentioned. And it was just as good if not better than the first one.

But I'm gonna keep supporting it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s BS, Wakanda Forever did well at the box office and with critics.
But it was clear that BP/Boseman was going to be the leader of the next generation.

He passes and all of that changes. The original plans for BP2 wasn't the only thing that needed to be reworked.

WF did well, but what's after that? Are people going to keep lining up to see Shuri as BP? You recast TChalla, do you build the next generation around that guy? What if people don't like the new actor?