I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
George RR Martin speaks on Marvel Villains, I can rock with this complaint.

Dear Marvel, George R.R. Martin Is Tired Of Your Villains

001400214f50.jpg

Erin WhitneyEntertainment Writer, The Huffington Post
Posted: 07/23/2015
55b1288915000076001740ec.jpeg

George R.R. Martin is a proud Marvel fanboy, as he admits in his most recent post on his "Not a Blog" LiveJournal. And while the Song of Ice and Fire author initially had his doubts about Paul Rudd's "Ant-Man," he was pretty pleased with the film, writing that it was "right up there" with some of the studio's best. There's one thing, though, Martin doesn't like about Marvel's movies.

In his post about "Ant-Man" from Tuesday, Martin wrote that one of his "quibbles" with the Marvel franchise is its villains. "I am tired of this Marvel movie trope where the bad guy has the same powers as the hero," Martin wrote, citing examples of the Hulk vs. Abomination and Spider-Man vs. Venom. "I want more films where the hero and the villain have wildly different powers," Martin wrote. "That makes the action much more interesting."

If anyone knows bad guys, it's Martin, who has created a fair share of despicable and evil characters in his book series alone. (Think Joffrey and Ramsay.) Maybe Marvel should commission Martin to pen one of their superhero films.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island

001400214f50.jpg

George R.R. Martin is a proud Marvel fanboy, as he admits in his most recent post on his "Not a Blog" LiveJournal. And while the Song of Ice and Fire author initially had his doubts about Paul Rudd's "Ant-Man," he was pretty pleased with the film, writing that it was "right up there" with some of the studio's best. There's one thing, though, Martin doesn't like about Marvel's movies.

In his post about "Ant-Man" from Tuesday, Martin wrote that one of his "quibbles" with the Marvel franchise is its villains. "I am tired of this Marvel movie trope where the bad guy has the same powers as the hero," Martin wrote, citing examples of the Hulk vs. Abomination and Spider-Man vs. Venom. "I want more films where the hero and the villain have wildly different powers," Martin wrote. "That makes the action much more interesting."

If anyone knows bad guys, it's Martin, who has created a fair share of despicable and evil characters in his book series alone. (Think Joffrey and Ramsay.) Maybe Marvel should commission Martin to pen one of their superhero films.

Marvel should go ask him if he plans on finishing his book for Phase 3 ends :francis:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

001400214f50.jpg

complain about villains and cite ones from a film in 2008 and one that wasnt even apart of MCU, while being lazy and not feeding your own fans, brehs

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
complain about villains and cite ones from a film in 2008 and one that wasnt even apart of MCU, while being lazy and not feeding your own fans, brehs
No one wants to hear from you George unless he finished The Winds of Winter. "Back to your computer! And don't get up until you fukkin' finished!":mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The only thing I can say about this is.... It's kinda silly to complain about some villains from the movies who are pretty much "source material" villains.

I mean WTF Abomination was the villain in the comics same with Venom.

What, Marvel now supposed to dramatically change them up?

Then again, I won't speak too soon, let me see how Doom as a Middle Eastern emo blogger turns out!:mjlol:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
The only thing I can say about this is.... It's kinda silly to complain about some villains from the movies who are pretty much "source material" villains.

I mean WTF Abomination was the villain in the comics same with Venom.

What, Marvel now supposed to dramatically change them up?

Then again, I won't speak too soon, let me see how Doom as a Middle Eastern emo blogger turns out!:mjlol:
I actually thought he was good IMO he was a legitimate threat and was very dangerous but a lot of the criticisms for the MCU regarding the villains are legit I feel most of them aren't portrayed as legitimately threatening as they are in the comics Red Skull, Ultron, etc. Fox may have fukked up on a lot (don't get me started on X-men 3, X-men origins or Doom and Galactus :scust:) of things but the villains for the most part were threatening Magneto, Stryker, Sentinels, Mystique (Rebecca Romijn), Lady Deathstrike and Sebastian Shaw.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
He's got a point there's only a few compelling villains in these movies hopefully Thanos comes and starts crushing the buildings.
If he's going to they've done a horrible job introducing him. Dude comes off goofy as fuk

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To solidify Thanos' gangster he gotta go toe to toe with Odin after snatching the tesseract out of the throne and make Loki squirt in fear witnessing his almighty pops catching that work. He shouldnt lose until INfinity war 2 on some technicallity