I'm Officially DONE with Marvel.. Delete this thread. fukk the MCU and fukk Disney

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
WESLEY SNIPES SAYS HE'S MET WITH MARVEL ABOUT MORE "BLADE

In an interview with Deadline on his upcoming NBC series "The Player," Snipes commented that he's met with Marvel about potentially returning to the role, though nothing is currently in motion. "The project is controlled by Marvel and we did have a really productive and a wonderful meeting and we discussed a number of things," Snipes told Deadline. "I don’t know where it’s on their schedule at this point, that hasn’t been decided. I guess it’s still up in the air."

Snipes also said it's possible that even if he doesn't play Blade again, he's open to another Marvel role. "I've always been a fan of these pieces and adaptations and I'd be nice to be a part of the family again," Snipes said. "ut if we don’t to a 'Blade 4' or something else with Marvel, we’ll do something else."

Read the whole thing:

http://deadline.com/2015/07/wesley-snipes-blade-comic-con-interview-blade-the-player-1201472733/

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Parent company has supreme confidence in the production company. :win:

Disney CEO Bob Iger Dismisses Comic Book Movie Competition: ‘We’re Marvel’

bob-iger-new-york.jpg

Disney CEO Bob Iger isn’t sweating the onslaught of movies featuring costumed superheroes even if it means there’s more competition than ever before for comic book movie fans.

For years, Marvel, which Disney bought for $4 billion in 2009, has been the dominant force in films about masked vigilantes. The race will get tighter next year, when DC Comics and its parent company Warner Bros. kick off an ambitious slate of roughly two movies a year featuring the likes of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

Iger thinks that the goodwill Marvel has generated from hits like “The Avengers,” “Iron Man” and “Guardians of the Galaxy” will allow it to continue to thrive in a space that’s getting a lot tighter.

“We’re Marvel,” Iger told journalists at the Allen & Co. media conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. “We’ve done a great job of building the Marvel brand, which we think when it’s on a movie really makes a difference. We’re seeing signs of that.”

He also expressed confidence in upcoming Marvel films such as “Ant-Man” and “Doctor Strange.”

“We like the Marvel slate that we have coming up,” said Iger. “We think they’re unique in many ways and have no concerns [about competition] whatsoever.”

Iger was mum about plans for another key entertainment franchise that Disney holds in its intellectual property stockpile — “Star Wars.” He declined to comment about the possibility that Disney’s parks operations would unveil a “Star Wars Land,” similar to its planned “Avatar”-themed resort, beyond saying, “We’re going to increase the presence of ‘Star Wars’ in our parks.”

He was also mum about J.J. Abrams’ upcoming seventh “Star Wars” film, “The Force Awakens,” only offering up that “excitement remains the same” and the film will have a presence at Comic-Con.

Looking ahead, Iger said that he planned to unveil new details about Shanghai Disney, the company’s first park in Mainland China, in the coming weeks.

“We’re building something that’s every bit Disney and distinctly Chinese,” he said. “We’re definitely building Disney Land in China, but we’re obviously respectful of the Chinese culture.”

Disney has fielded a number of box office hits in recent months, including “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and Pixar’s “Inside Out,” the story of the emotional life of a pre-teen girl. Asked which of the warring emotions from “Inside Out” he most embodied, Iger said, “You don’t run these companies without having a little bit of everything, but I’ll tell you these days at Disney we have a lot of Joy.”

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/disney-ceo-bob-iger-dismisses-comic-book-movie-003033503.html

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Parent company has supreme confidence in the production company. :win:

Disney CEO Bob Iger Dismisses Comic Book Movie Competition: ‘We’re Marvel’

bob-iger-new-york.jpg

Disney CEO Bob Iger isn’t sweating the onslaught of movies featuring costumed superheroes even if it means there’s more competition than ever before for comic book movie fans.

For years, Marvel, which Disney bought for $4 billion in 2009, has been the dominant force in films about masked vigilantes. The race will get tighter next year, when DC Comics and its parent company Warner Bros. kick off an ambitious slate of roughly two movies a year featuring the likes of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

Iger thinks that the goodwill Marvel has generated from hits like “The Avengers,” “Iron Man” and “Guardians of the Galaxy” will allow it to continue to thrive in a space that’s getting a lot tighter.

“We’re Marvel,” Iger told journalists at the Allen & Co. media conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. “We’ve done a great job of building the Marvel brand, which we think when it’s on a movie really makes a difference. We’re seeing signs of that.”

He also expressed confidence in upcoming Marvel films such as “Ant-Man” and “Doctor Strange.”

“We like the Marvel slate that we have coming up,” said Iger. “We think they’re unique in many ways and have no concerns [about competition] whatsoever.”

Iger was mum about plans for another key entertainment franchise that Disney holds in its intellectual property stockpile — “Star Wars.” He declined to comment about the possibility that Disney’s parks operations would unveil a “Star Wars Land,” similar to its planned “Avatar”-themed resort, beyond saying, “We’re going to increase the presence of ‘Star Wars’ in our parks.”

He was also mum about J.J. Abrams’ upcoming seventh “Star Wars” film, “The Force Awakens,” only offering up that “excitement remains the same” and the film will have a presence at Comic-Con.

Looking ahead, Iger said that he planned to unveil new details about Shanghai Disney, the company’s first park in Mainland China, in the coming weeks.

“We’re building something that’s every bit Disney and distinctly Chinese,” he said. “We’re definitely building Disney Land in China, but we’re obviously respectful of the Chinese culture.”

Disney has fielded a number of box office hits in recent months, including “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and Pixar’s “Inside Out,” the story of the emotional life of a pre-teen girl. Asked which of the warring emotions from “Inside Out” he most embodied, Iger said, “You don’t run these companies without having a little bit of everything, but I’ll tell you these days at Disney we have a lot of Joy.”

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/disney-ceo-bob-iger-dismisses-comic-book-movie-003033503.html
:heh: Bobby hit em with that "What competition? :camby:"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Bob Iger is right *in best Slick Rick voice* "There is no competition". No franchise, movie star, director can boast the streak Marvel can 12 No. 1 movies consecutively (also 12 Fresh tomatoes consecutively). I'm stanning the right team!:blessed:

Marvel’s Run Crushes Hollywood’s Most Epic Winning Streaks

1:19 PM By WALT HICKEY

563309707bd00042_marvel_s_a.jpg

Actor Paul Rudd at the European premiere of Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man,’ on July 8 in London.

ANTHONY HARVEY / GETTY IMAGES

Reading breathless box-office coverage isn’t a great way to get a grip on the motion picture business, but last weekend, “Ant-Man” became the 12th consecutive Marvel Cinematic Universe movie to open at No. 1 domestically. That stat was thrown around a lot, and it made me wonder how difficult the feat was. (Note: Disney — which owns ESPN, which owns FiveThirtyEight — owns Marvel.)

It’s pretty tough! First of all, there are only four franchises tracked by Box Office Mojo with 12 or more feature-length films: Marvel,Star Trek, Friday the 13th, and the James Bond movies. The opening-weekend data I have only goes back to 1982 — thus we can’t evaluate the Bond streak before “Octop*ssy.” But of the 12 most recent films in the franchise, only seven opened at No. 1. And neither of the other two franchises managed to pull off a dozen consecutive No. 1 openings.

So I looked at the top 50 career grossing performers and directors to see if any of them could compete with Marvel.1 Surely there must be a Tom Cruise or James Cameron streak that can?

Actually, no! Among that group, the longest streak of consecutive movies with No. 1 opening weekends was eight, belonging to both Jim Carrey and Will Smith.

Smith’s streak runs from “Men in Black II” in 2002 through “Hancock” in 2008.2 Carrey’s streak was a productive patch from “Ace Ventura: Pet Detective” in 1994 to “The Truman Show” in 1998.3

The runner-up is Eddie Murphy in the 1980s, during a furious period of production in which a string of seven of the actor’s films hit the top spot at the box office — from “Beverly Hills Cop” in 1984 through “Another 48 Hrs.” in 1990. Cruise had six consecutive films between 1992 and 1999 that won No. 1. Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Ian McKellen (with two separate streaks!) had winning streaks of five movies.

I figured the directors might have been better at hanging tough with Marvel, but it’s not even close. Cameron, Ron Howard and Robert Zemeckis tied for the longest streak of films with No. 1 debut weekends, with six each. For what it’s worth, Michael Bay could have had a streak of 10 winners if he hadn’t made “The Island,” but he’ll have to deal with two streaks of five winners instead.

Granted, looking beyond the top 50 grossing actors and directors could unearth people who can beat these records — a streak of eight winning movies for the actors and six for directors.

But my point is that it’s a pretty big win that Marvel is pitching a perfect game, and it’s much harder than I originally realized. Those top 50 grossing performers and directors aren’t schlubs; you’d be hard-pressed to think of actors and actresses who aren’t on that list and have the output, consistency and total gross to compete with Marvel.

There have been some pretty solid risks taken by Marvel, too — “Guardians of the Galaxy” was an unknown quantity, and “Ant-Man” sneaked past “Minions” with very little room for error.

Again, it’s possible the continuation of streaks like this may be self-fulfilling. For whatever reason, people care about these records and schedule film releases accordingly. Warner Bros. is coming out with the highly anticipated “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” in March, but the film was originally scheduled against “Captain America: Civil War” on May 6, 2016. The urge to win a release weekend cleanly may have been a motivation for that move and may signal that streaks like Marvel’s (essentially meaningless but nonetheless impressive) will become more common.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
First Captain America: Civil War Footage To Be Shown At Disney's D23 Expo

With Marvel having ducked completely out of Hall H for the first time since 2011, and Lucasfilm delivering something closer to a reunion party than a panel full of reveals, Disney appeared to hand Comic-Con 2015 over to its rivals. That was by design of course, because as expected, the mouse house was saving its powder for the biannual D23 Expo, taking place August 14-16 in Anaheim.

This year’s D23 Expo will of course offer attendees exclusive looks at upcoming Disney and Pixar films, but shocking no one, Marvel and Lucasfilm will both come out swinging as well. Marvel’s upcoming Captain America: Civil War, out in theaters May 6, 2016, will be shown off for the first time exclusively to fans on the scene.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Amazing (And Trippy) Fan-Made End Credits Sequence For Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE

this shyt is dope:damn::gladbron::ahh:

Dr. Strange is about to be the best movie in Phase 3 mark that shyt:ohlawd:

the sorcerer supreme:banderas: all the trippy shyt they can do with this movie is going to be unparalleled:steviej:

26urt3.png

still my favorite Dr. Strange moment. I AM THE DOCTOR:whew::salute:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Bob Iger is right *in best Slick Rick voice* "There is no competition". No franchise, movie star, director can boast the streak Marvel can 12 No. 1 movies consecutively (also 12 Fresh tomatoes consecutively). I'm stanning the right team!:blessed:

1:19 PM By WALT HICKEY

563309707bd00042_marvel_s_a.jpg

Actor Paul Rudd at the European premiere of Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man,’ on July 8 in London.

ANTHONY HARVEY / GETTY IMAGES

Reading breathless box-office coverage isn’t a great way to get a grip on the motion picture business, but last weekend, “Ant-Man” became the 12th consecutive Marvel Cinematic Universe movie to open at No. 1 domestically. That stat was thrown around a lot, and it made me wonder how difficult the feat was. (Note: Disney — which owns ESPN, which owns FiveThirtyEight — owns Marvel.)

It’s pretty tough! First of all, there are only four franchises tracked by Box Office Mojo with 12 or more feature-length films: Marvel,Star Trek, Friday the 13th, and the James Bond movies. The opening-weekend data I have only goes back to 1982 — thus we can’t evaluate the Bond streak before “Octop*ssy.” But of the 12 most recent films in the franchise, only seven opened at No. 1. And neither of the other two franchises managed to pull off a dozen consecutive No. 1 openings.

So I looked at the top 50 career grossing performers and directors to see if any of them could compete with Marvel.1 Surely there must be a Tom Cruise or James Cameron streak that can?

Actually, no! Among that group, the longest streak of consecutive movies with No. 1 opening weekends was eight, belonging to both Jim Carrey and Will Smith.

Smith’s streak runs from “Men in Black II” in 2002 through “Hancock” in 2008.2 Carrey’s streak was a productive patch from “Ace Ventura: Pet Detective” in 1994 to “The Truman Show” in 1998.3

The runner-up is Eddie Murphy in the 1980s, during a furious period of production in which a string of seven of the actor’s films hit the top spot at the box office — from “Beverly Hills Cop” in 1984 through “Another 48 Hrs.” in 1990. Cruise had six consecutive films between 1992 and 1999 that won No. 1. Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Ian McKellen (with two separate streaks!) had winning streaks of five movies.

I figured the directors might have been better at hanging tough with Marvel, but it’s not even close. Cameron, Ron Howard and Robert Zemeckis tied for the longest streak of films with No. 1 debut weekends, with six each. For what it’s worth, Michael Bay could have had a streak of 10 winners if he hadn’t made “The Island,” but he’ll have to deal with two streaks of five winners instead.

Granted, looking beyond the top 50 grossing actors and directors could unearth people who can beat these records — a streak of eight winning movies for the actors and six for directors.

But my point is that it’s a pretty big win that Marvel is pitching a perfect game, and it’s much harder than I originally realized. Those top 50 grossing performers and directors aren’t schlubs; you’d be hard-pressed to think of actors and actresses who aren’t on that list and have the output, consistency and total gross to compete with Marvel.

There have been some pretty solid risks taken by Marvel, too — “Guardians of the Galaxy” was an unknown quantity, and “Ant-Man” sneaked past “Minions” with very little room for error.

Again, it’s possible the continuation of streaks like this may be self-fulfilling. For whatever reason, people care about these records and schedule film releases accordingly. Warner Bros. is coming out with the highly anticipated “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” in March, but the film was originally scheduled against “Captain America: Civil War” on May 6, 2016. The urge to win a release weekend cleanly may have been a motivation for that move and may signal that streaks like Marvel’s (essentially meaningless but nonetheless impressive) will become more common.

:wow: