I'm not from Detroit, Europe or a Homosexual... why should I care about House music?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Nah, the birthplace and mecca of House is and always has been Chicago. However, both Baltimore and the DMV got very vibrant House communities. It be a House festival/event every year in Bmore, DC, and PG County, especially during the summer.

The greatest contributions to House music from both areas have been:

Club music, DJ Frank Ski, K-Swift, The Basement Boys, Doo Doo Brown, and certain dances (Baltimore)

Moombahton, Thievery Corporation & 18th Street Lounge (RIP), Crystal Waters, Doug Lazy, and the Capital House Fest (DMV)
Our club music is instant party music here. House was popular in the clubs here in the 80s and by the late 80s early 90s local DJs had developed an offshoot that became club music
:blessed:

90s and 2000s were the heyday. shyt was more popular than hip hop depending on the setting. Club DJs dedicated most of their sets to club music which is why it was always hard for local rappers to get on. The music was ingrained in the culture. You heard it at block parties, school parties, coming out of cars and even ice cream trucks.

Instant fukkery anytime something like this came on no matter where you were

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
l tell myself this too when i put on a Black Coffee album..... i feel transported to the ancient pyramids of the Motherland and we are all vibing to the eletronic beat of the drums... :blessed:

I get the same vibe from this Black Coffee track

This classic was one of the songs that broke me into Afro House :noah:

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Just don't listen to :heh: 's House Mix ever again in your life . Sorry you had such a bad introduction to House Music .

Its definitely making a resurgence. Especially here in CA. That's why he has to try to ride the wave .

I really like this because I’ve always thought the West Side didn’t fukk with House music like that.

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I'd like to explore old school house music, just don't know where to start. The only house songs I know are Baby Likes to Ride and I'll House You by the JBs which is a personal fav.

I got you in a few breh

My bad breh, I got caught up with a lotta stuff earlier today.

As an extra, this is a classic British Techno joint from the early 90's. Not sure on the producer's racial background but I got put on to this song thanks to playing Watch Dogs 2. A truly otherworldly track, I'm sure the raves went absolute dumb when this joint got play:

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
History and facts don't agree with you.

He partially right. House music was born/inspired by gay black djs/clubs in Chicago through Frankie Knuckles and Ron Hardy

NYC Garage was influenced by another gay: Larry Levan

but most of the people who actually pioneered House music as an outgrowth of those influences, were mainly straight.