I’m not even Haitian but this fake story and how conservatives and right wing politicians just went all in on the Haitian community got me fukked up.

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
The concept of black did not exist to Africans because that’s who existed in their entire universe. Someone who is Ashanti is not going to view someone who is Igbo as “their people.” I’ve never understood why folks believe that would be the case.
Africans had traveled and traded before the slave trade started. Black was not their entire universe. But make more excuses

Black Americans looked at things black and white because that's how it was here for so long. We welcomed all blacks with open arms but y'all not like us and identified with your ethnicity more than skin color. Now ados moving away towards thinking like all the rest of the diaspora thinks :yeshrug:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
i can’t watch the news on this topic its just pissing me off

And to see FBA/ADOS counterparts either remaining silent or playing footsies with shyt started by Neo Nazi’s is making me irrationally angry
Nah, a lot of these bytches ain't remaining silent or playing footsies. They straight up embrace this shyt. I'm seeing it on my time line by folks I thought would have known better. It's really sickening and disheartening to see someone many of us getting turned out by white supremacists :francis:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
The concept of black did not exist to Africans because that’s who existed in their entire universe. Someone who is Ashanti is not going to view someone who is Igbo as “their people.” I’ve never understood why folks believe that would be the case.

I think this is a bit reductive considering they had contact with Arabs and others, they probably had some kind of racial classifications.

RC-P90

✊🏾
Bushed
Daps
Most FBA don't even call themselves FBA. Try again

Maybe Tariq followers are your enemy but not foundational black Americans. That would be like me saying all Haitians are opps because they say we don't take advantage of opportunities. Or all Nigerians are opps because I been called an akata.

Y'all ridiculous. There's been slights on both sides but those radical ass conclusions y'all come to on this site is why there will always be beef.

But if we opps we opps. Once again we will be just fine

This is part of the problem. You (just like tariq) want to gatekeeper everybody identity and point and say that person is fba or that person not fba. If a person doesn’t self identify as fba then they are not fba.

Fba said being called african american or black wasnt good enough so they had to “delineate” but then when someone says african american the fba come running like they tethered to the identity. If fba just means african american what is the fukking point of fba? It seems to me tariq is the leader of the fba and him and his followers aint shyt. If there are divisions in fba (tariq cultists and normal people) ok but im not dealing with sorting them out.

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Who gives a fukk if we aren't 100% "unified". No black person should be okay with seeing a whole community of black people (whether FBA or not) being terrorized and dehumanized by white supremacists. plain and simple. if you can't understand that as a basic concept then I don't know what else to say.

My ancestors was consider 3/5th human u think I give 2 fukks about some dumbass saying Haitians eat pets. Trump a meme at this point

It sucks but u know what comes with this place. Racism ain't new. Racism ain't going no where.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
This is part of the problem. You (just like tariq) want to gatekeeper everybody identity and point and say that person is fba or that person not fba. If a person doesn’t self identify as fba then they are not fba.

Fba said being called african american or black wasnt good enough so they had to “delineate” but then when someone says african american the fba come running like they tethered to the identity. If fba just means african american what is the fukking point of fba? It seems to me tariq is the leader of the fba and him and his followers aint shyt. If there are divisions in fba (tariq cultists and normal people) ok but im not dealing with sorting them out.
African American and “regular black” are the dumbest designations as an ethnic identifier. Fba/ados isn’t perfect but both are substantially better. There’s no reason to think the old definitions are “good enough” unless your a dodo

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps

Because an African person who is a naturalized us citizen is more of an African American imo.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I think this is a bit reductive considering they had contact with Arabs and others, they probably had some kind of racial classifications.
Bro… There was a 19 year Civil War amongst Yoruba people. Not every group, especially along coastal West Africa, was aware of Arab incursions compared to those deeper north. So even that doesn’t make sense

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Africans sold their fellow blacks to whites during the slave trade for guns and liquor. You agree that they're traitors right?

Who is our people? We all have different backgrounds.

Ain't no our people ain't no unified black people.

We got a whole continent that can't get along but y'all talking about our people. We can't even get along city by city block by block. What is this unity you are speaking of?

Africans had traveled and traded before the slave trade started. Black was not their entire universe. But make more excuses

Black Americans looked at things black and white because that's how it was here for so long. We welcomed all blacks with open arms but y'all not like us and identified with your ethnicity more than skin color. Now ados moving away towards thinking like all the rest of the diaspora thinks :yeshrug:
'Their fellow blacks'

Have you verified that you're actually Black?

RC-P90

✊🏾
Bushed
Daps
African American and “regular black” are the dumbest designations as an ethnic identifier. Fba/ados isn’t perfect but both are substantially better. There’s no reason to think the old definitions are “good enough” unless your a dodo

Im black bozo. That is my identity. Im black like how james brown said it. Im b&p (black and proud). I aint ados or fba or anything other than black. I refuse to let you or tariq decide my identity for me.

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps