I’m in Sosua in the Dominican Republic, AMA.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats the reason new garden is trash

I hated the frat boy environment of NG and that the ho’s are on the premises for most of the day…maybe it’s changed tho…and just speaking on the hotel itself, I didn’t feel it was worth the price at all

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Pro tip about the third world Paying more doesn't necessarily mean better quality The reason You get what you pay for applies in america is because of increased competition there's more money and people are chasing rich nikkas so to speak. For example if you want a budget hotel in the states Motel 6 and Super 8 has the market sewn up. Cheaper than that and you're talking trap hotels. You step up to a 2 star or better there's plenty of hotels to choose from so they have to have a level of quality to justify you staying with them.

Sosua is a small beach town that people come to mainly on weekends especially federal hoilday weekends in the states. nikkas need only a cot a jar a hot plate and a spoon.

I know that you're on a short vacay but If you choose to come back rent a airbnb for 2 nights max That way if you don't like the place you can find a better spot if you like the place you can negotiate with the Host to stay longer.
I thought about the Airbnb but people were saying stay in the hotel first, since it’s your first time

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
bruh you’re staying in a shytty hotel banging prostitutes…how genuinely happy do you expect dudes to be for you?

the only dudes who will have anything positive to say are dudes who partake in the same shyt…not talking down on you but just be honest about what’s happening here…next time post it in JBO…thread might go down different in that sub

I didn’t like NG…stayed there my first trip and never again…eventually stayed at a place called hotel d’piero…it’s small furnished apartments for $50…a full living room…decent-sized kitchen with a regular-sized fridge, stove, utensils and an actual separate master bedroom with an attached bathroom…the furnishings/TV are a little outdated and there’s only an AC unit in the bedroom…also it’s an extra 3-5 minutes walking distance granted it’s on the same strip where everything happens but I know some ppl don’t like to walk in the heat…I liked that it’s quiet tho and that I can buy a week’s worth of groceries and cook for myself…this was several years ago tho…dunno how it is now…if I do decide to go again, I’ll probably do a villa even tho I’ll be footing the cost myself…I feel I “outgrew” sosua a long time ago tho…I don’t think I would enjoy it like I did before
Lol it’s just a AMA, I’m not expecting anyone to cheer for me. Just telling my travels which i plan to do. But like one person said, this is to be expected

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I hated the frat boy environment of NG and that the ho’s are on the premises for most of the day…maybe it’s changed tho…and just speaking on the hotel itself, I didn’t feel it was worth the price at all
Haven’t run into that, it’s dead here, that being said tomorrow is Friday

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Tbf this describes most non-black countries including our own. You'd never go anywhere if this stopped you. I mean literally everything from the Great wall of china to the Giza pyramids to Roman coliseum are in places that despise black people on general principle.

But From my travels, the minute you leave the US you are not treated like a black person, you are simply an American. We effectively get to ride the coat tails of US imperialism. At worst, we are seen as an ATM; at best we are seen as cool trend setters.

I'll never forget the locals in Luxor treating local black Sudanese like trash only to walk up to me with some " yo-yo-yo how you doin' my BROTHA ? Oh, you from Atlanta? Do you know Panda (desiigner) ?" :gladbron:
This. When I was in Switzerland 10 years ago, I was treated almost like royalty amongst the locals when they realized I was American. Black people that are immigrants from African countries were generally treated disrespectfully.

When I was in Cuba two weeks ago, a large chunk of the population are Afro Cubans but even still as a Black American, I was treated positively different.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
This. When I was in Switzerland 10 years ago, I was treated almost like royalty amongst the locals when they realized I was American. Black people that are immigrants from African countries were generally treated disrespectfully.

When I was in Cuba two weeks ago, a large chunk of the population are Afro Cubans but even still as a Black American, I was treated positively different.
That thread was dope, especially the story of you knocking down the chick after that ordeal 😂

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Facts

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Day 2 was better, got some numbers, got a massage and knocked down the Masseuse, (thick light skin joint) did the glass bottom boat tour (it was ok) today going to knock down a joint and then go on a 3 hour ATV tour.
Was it the massage spot by Flip Flop's? I actually heard the Massage spots where actually legit spots where they may do a Hand job but that's it. You fukked in the shop or off site?

How much did she charge? How much is the hoes quoting? How much are you paying?

Enjoy the ATV ride. The Puerta Plata Malecon and the Miami Bar is the spot on Sunday afternoon If you can dance Bachata you might be able to pull something for free or the fee. But it's not a whore spot it's where the local fly women go to kick it.

You should take Bachata lessons if you plan to go back but you can have a chick that you're knocking down teach you some steps, But it's a good icebreaker. Learn some spanish too.

Do you plan on a return trip to the Island? Or Sosua specifically?

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The DR is defenitely the place to go to get your feet wet. I have a friend with the same concerns as you, Too shook to come to Colombia so I'm hand delivering him to the DR later this year.

I told him he needs at least a week since he wants to hit the south and north coasts.
Would you recommend Colombia over DR?