I'm going to see The Wolverine Tonight *prepares to take L*

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I enjoyed it more than Man of Steel :yeshrug:
there is no yes shrug it was a better all round movie, slow doesnt necessarily mean quality but what wolverine got right in spades was pacing.When there were slow bits there were slow bits but when the action came it felt organic and well placed. The action scenes and choreography actually looked like some thought went into it the same can not be said for MoS Which was unimaginative in every sense of the word

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Spider-man 2's train scene >>>> the wolverine's bullet train scene
Thats not fair. S2s train scene is one of the greatest scenes in cinema history.

The Wolverine was great to me...I came in with no expectations. Never saw origins...but this shyt was def dope. Better than Avengers to me...Right up there with Man Of Steel

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
there is no yes shrug it was a better all round movie, slow doesnt necessarily mean quality but what wolverine got right in spades was pacing.When there were slow bits there were slow bits but when the action came it felt organic and well placed. The action scenes and choreography actually looked like some thought went into it the same can not be said for MoS Which was unimaginative in every sense of the word
All of the fight scenes were Wolverine slashing at tiny Japanese dudes in between getting shot/stabbed (a whole lot!)...the choreography in the fight scenes for this movie was the definition of pedestrian and unoriginal.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
the villain was the old man from the matrix that got murked in the mech.

all they did was polish up the mech and gave it a sword

turrble.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
All Wolverine does is hack and slash while being stabbed/shot in the comics. Can't expect more.
I actually wasn't expecting more but I also would not say that the fight choreography in The Wolverine was anything special either. It damn sure didn't look like any great thought was put into it.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
I actually wasn't expecting more but I also would not say that the fight choreography in The Wolverine was anything special either. It damn sure didn't look like any great thought was put into it.

they do their best not to really show him connecting so they don't have to put in special effects.

NubianVitruvian

Retired
Daps
It was an okay action movie. They did a decent job of translating the jist of The Silver Samurai story into a movie. But at the end of the day, it was a 3 star Hollywood action movie based on comic book characters.

I got bored at the finale though. I was waiting for it to end by then. The first 3/4 of the movie was aiit. Then it got generic in an already generic hero story. Dare I say, the book was better.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The key element to the original story was Wolverine already knew he was a samurai but a failed one at that, in the movie the whole samurai thing is new to him, whereas in the comics he had trained a long time ago in japan with Ogun only to fail each time because he'd lose it and let his beserker rage take over his emotions each time. In actuallity The Wolverine movies should be much better films than they are, not for the sake of this is logan and he slashes his enemies to ribbons leaving a pool of guts and blood. The best stories involving him were the ones where he beat the odds, dealing with life situations like losing loved ones and having to live with those memories, his internal battle to control his true animalistic nature and not become like his oposite Victor Creed. In all honesty the first one concerning his origin had all the potential to be a much better film than it was not by getting the characters right but from a storytelling aspect, look at movies like Legends of the Fall and the last Samurai, there are themes in those films where youll find incidents that wolverine has been no stranger too, like being a man, how to be a proud warrior when violence seems to have become your life. for example:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The key element to the original story was Wolverine already knew he was a samurai but a failed one at that, in the movie the whole samurai thing is new to him, whereas in the comics he had trained a long time ago in japan with Ogun only to fail each time because he'd lose it and let his beserker rage take over his emotions each time. In actuallity The Wolverine movies should be much better films than they are, not for the sake of this is logan and he slashes his enemies to ribbons leaving a pool of guts and blood. The best stories involving him were the ones where he beat the odds, dealing with life situations like losing loved ones and having to live with those memories, his internal battle to control his true animalistic nature and not become like his oposite Victor Creed. In all honesty the first one concerning his origin had all the potential to be a much better film than it was not by getting the characters right but from a storytelling aspect, look at movies like Legends of the Fall and the last Samurai, there are traces in those films where youll find incidents that wolverine has been no stranger too, for example:
I think they fukked up by not having had Wolverine already have spent time in Japan before coming to say his goodbyes to Yashida. A Wolverine that was already familiar with Japanese culture would have been a lot better than the fish out of water clueless gaijin route they took.

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
laughable movie. I saw it twice, walked out the first time. The first 30min are boring, movie dont pick up till he gets to japan. Action was OK nothing crazy
On par with Greenlantern is about right, end credits were awful. Brian singer is a terrible director and people need to stop giving him comic movies

I can see why people would like this movie. Good acting decent story not too "comic booky"
but still waiting on that real wolverine piff once fox loses that liscense

This makes no sense. If the movie was laughable & you walked out the first time, why go see it again?

Anyway, I thought the movie was better than the Origin one. Liked the post credits & can't wait for DofP

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
All of the fight scenes were Wolverine slashing at tiny Japanese dudes in between getting shot/stabbed (a whole lot!)...the choreography in the fight scenes for this movie was the definition of pedestrian and unoriginal.
The silver samurai fight, and the train scene alone was more engaging than anything MoS attempted. And thats not even counting the swordfu of his little helper.All MoS was was punch, kick, crash building.Rinse wash and repeat, every action sequence was basically a glorified barfight, where was his use of xray vision, his eye beams or his super breath? it was just a fist fight with lots of explosions and debris thrown in :stopitslime: