I'm giving up on my looks

Daps
@Kant have you ever gone to a MAC, sephora or ulta store? look at the workers makeup and that should tell you all you need to know. not only is it heavy and unnatural looking, it just looks out of place. all that heavy contouring, foundation, and highlighting is if you work in media (tv, SM, print media) and on stage productions. if you have some sort of skin condition i could see why you would want to cover that up but it would probably makes sense to work with a dermatologist to clear up the issue instead of hiding it

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I've been trying to mold myself to look like every other IG girl with the thick eyebrows, fake eyelashes and contour make up.

It's too much work.

7a0b5a27b8ddd1bf6cc211fa3aad3fb3.png

Eyelashes are too high maintenance. Make up is expensive and tricky. I only wear thotty clothes on rare occasions. I don't even go out like that :mindblown: I've been playing Mario Party all weekend. I like wearing steel toe boots and long sleeved shirts. Who am I doing this all for? I'm going to embrace my bare face look. I might even go back to wearing glasses permanently. IDGAF anymore
:blessed:

Thats the worst thing you can do. Never assimilate! I think I'm the only black woman in my city (well it's a few of us) that walks bareface, no virgin hair, just 100% me. Now I will say, I will wear makeup every now and then but it's not a daily routine. It's better that way. It sucks because guys think I'm under 21 so they rarely approach and other people treat me like a teenage but I don't mind it.

All of the crap you see on IG is a facade. You should see what they look like behind closed doors. They aren't models. They are modified hookers.

Nothing is wrong with you. You're beautiful. Just be you and the universe will respond.

Ten years from now, you will age gracefully due to your melanin. Meanwhile the women you've imitated, well....

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
@Kant have you ever gone to a MAC, sephora or ulta store? look at the workers makeup and that should tell you all you need to know. not only is it heavy and unnatural looking, it just looks out of place. all that heavy contouring, foundation, and highlighting is if you work in media (tv, SM, print media) and on stage productions. if you have some sort of skin condition i could see why you would want to cover that up but it would probably makes sense to work with a dermatologist to clear up the issue instead of hiding it

I actually have noticed that. I go to Ulta and med spas often and most times I'm looking at these broads' make up like :huhldup:

You make a point, heavy make up irl is a no no

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Now I wil suggest is DIY face masks or go to a beauty school and pay no more than. $10 for a natural facial in your city. It's fun, cheap and refreshing !

Last edited:
Daps

All of the crap you see on IG is a facade. You should see what they look like behind closed doors. They aren't models. They are modified hookers.

Nothing is wrong with you. You're beautiful. Just be you and the universe will respond.

Ten years from now, you will age gracefully due to your melanin. Meanwhile the women you've imitated, well....

not only that, if they weren't given the products for free or discounted they would never use them nor could they afford them. the stuff they claim is used to complete the "look" is not necessary or is not being used correctly. i just look at IG and YT as a way to get reviews on certain products and get ideas. i don't take them that seriously because they are running a business.

i also find it creepy how a lot of these women look the same or at least try too. who in the world wants to look like everyone else?

but you are right, the best beauty tip is to take care of your body the (physical and the mental). that is a beauty tip that will never go out of style

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
not only that, if they weren't given the products for free or discounted they would never use them nor could they afford them. the stuff they claim is used to complete the "look" is not necessary or is not being used correctly. i just look at IG and YT as a way to get reviews on certain products and get ideas. i don't take them that seriously because they are running a business.

i also find it creepy how a lot of these women look the same or at least try too. who in the world wants to look like everyone else?

Not sure. I remember sistahs had variety of style about a decade ago. I'm not sure what changed but it seems even the natural hair community assimilated into a look as well

but you are right, the best beauty tip is to take care of your body the (physical and the mental). that is a beauty tip that will never go out of style

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Don't give up on your looks. It's sad to say but looking better can dramatically improve your quality of life. The way people treat you can be night and day especially as you get older as most women start to fall off at 25.

I was always treated well my men but once I got my BBL you'd think I was a queen of England.

Be attractive, nice and flirty and you will win in most scenarios.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Don't give up on your looks. It's sad to say but looking better can dramatically improve your quality of life. The way people treat you can be night and day especially as you get older as most women start to fall off at 25.

I was always treated well my men but once I got my BBL you'd think I was a queen of England.

Be attractive, nice and flirty and you will win in most scenarios.

Bbl?