I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
The Fact that the southern hemisphere gets longer hours of daylight during their spring/summer handily debunks flat earth theory. Take the southern most inhabited place in the southern hemisphere (where people can actually go to see for themselves). The sun would have to literally revolve faster to cover more distance in the same 24 hours if that were the case.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
No, we're not doing this. Address the videos I provided, please. You are not talking to Neil, you're talking to Th3Birdman.

The Earth is an oblate spheroid, yes, and the poles are very slightly flattened, yes. It is extremely slight, but it's there. This has nothing to do with the fact that YOU said the image of the Earth I provided was "perfectly spherical", and how I used an actual perfect circle to debunk that. Admit you were wrong.

And you would be 100% incorrect. It is a single image on Kodak film paper, something I've already provided a source to the original image for.

Here it is again:

You mean a lunar eclipse??? What does that have to do with anything?

The Sun being blocked by the Earth is a Lunar Eclipse. Apollo missions captured that too:

main-qimg-2f60a5d57bb978a3d7dd18d2070774a7-c

This is another deflection, meant to sap attention away from the irrefutable proof I gave with my video demonstration. You're attempting to sidetrack admitting you're wrong about there being "no stars" (even though you can clearly see stars in the photo I provided if you look very closely).

It is also (surprise surprise) completely wrong. Exposure is an inalienable part of photography. Like, have you ever fired a camera before? Exposure doesn't just mean you can only see bright things; it is an adjustment, meaning, you can adjust exposure, as the concept is always present.

To suggest exposure doesn't matter here is like saying oxygen doesn't matter to fish. Just like fish breathe oxygen, same as us, exposure matters on the dark side of the moon as well.

This is a nothing sentence. I specifically told you to bring whatever you wanted to say in this thread because you said I was derailing the other one. If you have a problem with that part of the conversation, bring it here.

:mjlol:

xCivicx, I have lurked this site for a long time. I have seen every argument you've put forth on this site. Every single one of them has been thoroughly debunked, but you refuse to accept answers to the so-called "stumpers" you have. Most nikkas on this site are not intelligent enough to talk about the math and science that goes into explaining the shape of the Earth.

Unfortunately, you've run into me.

Easily debunked-- you are looking at a sphere from different angles and positions. This can be demonstrated with a model globe and a simple camera.

Anything else, or can we get to my questions that you ducked yesterday? :Tim:

If exalted science priest neil degrasse tyson says that the earth is shaped like a pear, I'm gonna go ahead and take his word for it over the words of a random on the internet

I didn't ask you about a lunar eclipse, I asked you to post a photo of the earth FROM SPACE, where the sun is behind the earth, which would limit any kind of exposure that you're attempting to shoehorn in as a reason for the lack of stars in ANY photo of the earth from space. You also completely neglected to mention the lack of satellites in any photo of the earth, ever, even though there are supposedly 10,000+ orbiting the earth at all times

The photo you posted does not depict does not show the earth completely blocking the sun, so I'm not sure why you posted it

The video you posted with the globe also just further makes my point. All those different angles and positions and not a single satellite in sight

I'm just getting started. Feel free to post any questions that you think I ducked in here

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I think I have satisfactorily answered your questions, now here are mine (because you basically pretended I didn't say these things to you in the other thread):

Regardless of the shape of the Earth, there are natural phenomena that science communicators and Flat Earthers empirically observe, these being the day/night cycle, the changing of the seasons, eclipses, stars in the Northern Hemisphere being different to the ones in the Southern Hemisphere and sunsets.

Provide for me a Flat Earth model that explains these all at the same time:

-- accounts for the day/night cycle
-- accounts for the seasons
-- accounts for eclipses, solar and lunar
-- accounts for the stars in the Northern Hemisphere being different from the Southern Hemisphere
-- accounts for why we see the sun setting

REMEMBER: Your model needs to explain all of these things AT THE SAME TIME. Do not provide for me multiple models, I'm asking you for ONE.

If you cannot provide a model, provide an explanation for each one of these things that doesn't contradict the other.
Why do you keep stressing that I provide 1 model? I've never posted multiple flat earth models on here, where is that coming from

Day and night:
flat-earth.gif

The seasons:
Refer to the gif above. The sun and moon move in concentric circles, both towards the center then back outward towards the outer rim

As the sun revolves closer to you, you experience spring and fall. As it revolves away from you, experience fall and winter

The Eclipses:
This should be self-explanatory.
Solar eclipse: The moon passes in front of the sun
Lunar eclipse: That's a completely different discussion that should be set aside for now

The stars in the northern and southern hemisphere are not different. If you're on the right side of the circle that I posted and you're looking to the right, you'll see a certain set of stars. As they revolve above you, the stars that were on the LEFT side of the circle reach you and now you looking at the same stars, just flipped upside down

The reason that the stars APPEAR different is the same reason why the sun APPEARS to be setting. Because of PERSPECTIVE. The human eye can only see so far.

IMG_3273-1-e1608585819234.jpg

The sun is moving away from you. ALL objects moving away from a stationary object will, at some point, reach the horizon and move out of view. If you fly due west during daytime, you can achieve a situation the sun never seems to set until you land

Do you think cars are "setting" when they drive away from you and reach the horizon?

I'm ready to go much deeper whenever you are

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Debating xcivicx is futile brehs:russ:

Any picture or video you give is "CGI", any concept he cant understand is gibberish. You literally have to explain everything like you are talking to a third grader or he wont get it.

If you do stump him on something he will leave for a few weeks then come back in a different thread like nothing happened and make the same exact false premise again.

You must personally do whatever you are trying to prove. Build an earth in your living room or go to space yourself:mjlol:
When have I done this?

I have the final post in most flat earth threads

The used to lock me out of them back in the day though

Daps
Richard “Admiral” Byrd was sent to Antarctica and said there’s more land out there that govts would fight over. Soon after that the govts of the world came together to agree Antarctica is off limits.. Wonder why?
:sas1::yeshrug:
There's a poster over on BGOL whose son was one of the few black people who worked at one of the research stations there. Antartica is basically a continental nature preserve. You can book a trip there on an expedition cruise. Just type "antartica cruise"

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I know how he operates.

However, I already cooked him on the concept of CGI, when I explained to him that CGI stands for "computer generated imagery" and not the composite images he was referring to.

I moved him off that square, and made him admit what he's been referring to this whole time was composites, not "CGI":
What??

You think you taught me what CGI stands for??

Your imagination is running wild champ

Current composite images of earth are computer generated images

NASA employee literally proudly admits that he photoshops images of earth in an interview
Timestamped

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You could post videos of NASA spacewalks or whatever and he will call that cgi. I've posted videos of space launches from the 70s and he said that was cgi too, before the technology even existed to create such a thing on a computer:dahell:
"When the hate don't work they start telling lies"

Post a link to the thread where this occurred. I'll wait

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This dumbass nicca @xCivicx is in the mall mass shooting thread going back and forth with me saying everybody should own a gun and that my 78 year old grandma and my 17 year old sister need to either get a gun or get a chaperone.

How come yall didn't tell me that this dumbass nicca is a flat earther?:mjlol:

I never would have wasted my time :dead:
Don't do this ace

You used to pm me asking me how to pick up women. You should fall back

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I don’t even need a working model…simply post an accurate static flat earth map that lays out all of the known lands accurately spaced between each other. They cannot do that, cuz it can’t be done without one of the hemispheres being distorted beyond the distances we know they’re not.
Huh??

The globe/map that you take as fact isn't even accurate. Where's the energy for asking for an actual accurate map to be produced?

It's common knowledge that Africa is NOWHERE NEAR the correct dimensions on the most commonly used maps, yet y'all don't give af because someone else told you that it was correct, yet you're asking for an accurate flat earth map.

Extremely hypocritical

You know what, ask the UN for an accurate flat earth map. It's probably the one in their logo

United-Nations-Logo-Tagline-Slogan-motto.jpg