I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
What does this have to do with the price of rice?

You had time today, arguing with @xCivicx is a waste of time, its like stirring rapidly cooling tar. I'm convinced he didnt do well in school and is one of those ppl that have to experience things himself for it to be real; because he knows he's far from clever but is in such fear of being gullible he'll straight up deny it. Like ppl would have done before civilization started writing shyt down.
He'll deny that France is a place because he's never been. Good work in over simplifying this for him.
Why are y'all so arrogant in here??

I minored in physics at GaTech. You don't know me.

I suggest you stick to food threads. Passive aggression is an ugly look on you

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You’re 100% backwards, as usual.

Aristotle, Ptolemy, Ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Indians, the Chinese all considered the earth round.

The flat earth model only became popular when you dumbass religious types tanked civilization during the dark ages. Then, when scientists argued in favor of more accurate astronomical models, they would be burned alive.

And again, you’re completely revising history, as flat earthers originally based their idea on Bible passages. Examples include dumbass St Augustine and others. Furthermore, ancient Israelites believed the earth was a flat disc.

So in summary, everything you said is wrong and the exact opposite of what actually occured. Scientists and ancient cultures were all aware of a spherical earth, and it’s only due to retarded “divine scripture” that anyone ever thought otherwise.
All of my African ancestors were flat earthers. They mapped and traveled the plane centuries before anyone else. They pre-date the KJB

I can't speak for you europeans

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I’ve flown to Australia and back all by flying in the same direction. Earth can’t be flat.
So its impossible to fly in a circle?

Is this what you're alleging?

We can get into the concept of flight and flight directions in a bit though

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’ve flown to Australia and back all by flying in the same direction. Earth can’t be flat.

Airplanes are literally flying these routes every single day end of discussion :unimpressed:

People on that flat earth shyt just wanna be looked at as “different” or “free thinkers”:heh:

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Not trying to get into a back and forth, but that is an insane response to what he asked.
Ok, then take that up with the countless biblical scholars who maintain the same thing. This isn't me trying to troll anybody, it's the widely held scholarly consensus.

Not to mention the countless references and visions throughout the Bible that support a flat earth, and wouldn't make any sense if they were talking about a spherical earth.

“The pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and on them He has set the world” (1 Samuel 2:8, ESV)

The firmament is repeatedly described as a bowl or a tent over the earth.

It's disingenious as fukk to claim Ancient Israelites thought the world was spherical because of Kabbalhists writing thousands of years later, when the actual scriptures and those who study it all clearly say the opposite. Mf'er just wants to maintain this 'divinely inspired text' bs which is incompatible with modern science, so he's trying to retcon history.

Literally google image "jewish cosmology diagram" they're all the same, he's the one being insane going against thousands of years of established history and it's bullshyt you're holding me to some level of scholarly critique that this fukker just bypasses while disregarding all the other evidence to the contrary.

biblical-cosmology.jpg

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
The Fact that the southern hemisphere gets longer hours of daylight during their spring/summer handily debunks flat earth theory. Take the southern most inhabited place in the southern hemisphere (where people can actually go to see for themselves). The sun would have to literally revolve faster to cover more distance in the same 24 hours if that were the case.
Thank you for proving another point

The sun(which moves at a fixed rate) spends so much time revolving around the outer rim(because of it's large circumference) that it causes 24 hour daylight when it's passing an outermost point that point and 24 hour night when it has passed said outermost point

Daps
Huh??

The globe/map that you take as fact isn't even accurate. Where's the energy for asking for an actual accurate map to be produced?

It's common knowledge that Africa is NOWHERE NEAR the correct dimensions on the most commonly used maps, yet y'all don't give af because someone else told you that it was correct, yet you're asking for an accurate flat earth map.

Extremely hypocritical

You know what, ask the UN for an accurate flat earth map. It's probably the one in their logo

United-Nations-Logo-Tagline-Slogan-motto.jpg

You’re so predictable, posting the Mercator projection map as if anyone has EVER claimed that was accurate. It literally displays the world as flat, so we know it’s not the accurate. What was the point of posting that? I already know the answer: to create confusion to the argument. Cuz that’s all you do.

The globe from Google earth (Google Earth) is accurate.

Where’s the geometrically accurate flat earth map?

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Huh??

The globe/map that you take as fact isn't even accurate. Where's the energy for asking for an actual accurate map to be produced?
:mjlol:

this let's you know he's just trolling.

A globe's a 3-dimensional object, it's physically impossible for a 2-dimensional map to be created without distortion.

"Where's the energy for a round square? :jawalrus: "

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You’re so predictable, posting the Mercator projection map as if anyone has EVER claimed that was accurate. It literally displays the world as flat, so we know it’s not the accurate. What was the point of posting that? I already know the answer: to create confusion to the argument. Cuz that’s all you do.

The globe from Google earth (Google Earth) is accurate.

Where’s the geometrically accurate flat earth map?
No it's not

And like I said, ask the UN

Daps