I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
I’m a be honest.

The fact you have to call this individual out shows intellectual dishonesty.

If the narrative of his claim is thats it is so laughably ridiculous then… there should be no need for discussion.

Does a man debate with a “fool” on if the sky is red?

Giving debate is to give weight.

If one has discuss to the “fool” using intricate complicated word maze & he only has to use a single breath… then perhaps it is not he who is the fool.

Truth is simple.

2+2=4.

Occam’s razor.
Personally, I'm over it unless the rhetoric is violent, racist, etc., But some just enjoy debating, I used to when people were more inclined to argue in good faith, but it is worth combating it publicly because other people will come across these ideas and without evidence to combat it, people on the fence will fall into a spiral of conspiracy, and that can bleed into other areas that affect people beyond themselves.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
How did make that giant moving goal post leap from science to the majority of the population?

:mjlol:

This is the first sentence in your initial post.

That's false by the fact of Eratosthenes and Pythagoras existing.

Ptolemy’s Almagest predates the text you posted by eight centuries.

SCIENCTIFIC IDEOLOGY IS ALSO BASED ON MAJORITY PERSPECTIVE .. YOURE POSTING ABOUT ONE GUY. DID SCIENTESTS IN OTHER NATIONS ACCEPT THIS? WAS IT THE OVERWHELMING THEORY? SCIENCE DID NOT CONFIRM ROUND EARTH UNTIL RECENTLY. THATS A FACT.

Daps
SCIENCTIFIC IDEOLOGY IS ALSO BASED ON MAJORITY PERSPECTIVE .. YOURE POSTING ABOUT ONE GUY. DID SCIENTESTS IN OTHER NATIONS ACCEPT THIS? WAS IT THE OVERWHELMING THEORY? SCIENCE DID NOT CONFIRM ROUND EARTH UNTIL RECENTLY. THATS A FACT.
Yes.
Yes.
Science confirmed it over 2k years ago. The Greeks and most of the ancient world knew that a circle was 360 degrees. Eratosthenes calculated that a distance of 7.2 degrees on the Earth's surface was 497 miles. There are 50 equal 7.2 degree portions in a circle. He calculated 497 * 50 to come up with rough circumference of the Earth where he was short by a fifth of a percent.

24850/24901 = 0.99795188948
1 - 0.99795188948 = 0.00204811051%

=====

I can't remember the name but the Greeks had a unit of measurement for distance that was a lot less than a mile or kilometer.

Last edited:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I’m a be honest.

If the narrative of his claim is thats it is so laughably ridiculous then… there should be no need for discussion.

If one has discuss to the “fool” using intricate complicated word maze & he only has to use a single breath… then perhaps it is not he who is the fool.

Truth is simple.

2+2=4.

Occam’s razor.

His explanations are hilarious.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
If the earth was flat, the edge of the earth would be one of the most popular travel destinations.

Richard “Admiral” Byrd was sent to Antarctica and said there’s more land out there that govts would fight over. Soon after that the govts of the world came together to agree Antarctica is off limits.. Wonder why?
:sas1::yeshrug:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
DIVINE SCRIPTURE TOLD US THE EARTH WAS ROUND WAY BEFORE IT WAS ACCEPTED BY SCIENCE

Zohar Vaikra 10a:

וּבְסִפְרָא דְּרַב הַמְנוּנָא סָבָא, פָּרִישׁ יַתִּיר, דְּהָא כָּל יִשׁוּבָא מִתְגַּלְגְּלָא בְּעִגוּלָא כַּכַּדּוּר, אִלֵּין לְתַתָּא, וְאִלֵּין לְעֵילָּא, וְכָל אִינּוּן בִּרְיָין מְשַׁנְיָין בְּחֶזְוַויְיהוּ מִשִׁנוּיָא דַּאֲוִירָא. כְּפוּם כָּל אֲתַר וַאֲתַר, וְקַיְימִין בְּקִיּוּמַיְיהוּ כִּשְׁאָר בְּנֵי נָשָׁא.

ועַל דָּא אִית אֲתַר בְּיִשּׁוּבָא, כַּד נָהִיר לְאִלֵּין, חָשִׁיךְ לְאִלֵּין, לְאִלֵּין יְמָמָא, וּלְאִלֵּין לֵילְיָא. וְאִית אֲתַר דְּכוּלֵיהּ יְמָמָא, וְלָא אִשְׁתְּכַח בֵּיהּ לֵילְיָא, בַּר בְּשַׁעֲתָא חֲדָא זְעֵירָא. וְהַאי דְּאָמַר בְּסִפְרֵי קַדְמָאֵי, וּבְסִפְרָא דְּאָדָם הָרִאשׁוֹן הָכִי הוּא.

"The entire world and those upon it, spin round in a circle like a ball,' both those at the bottom of the ball and those at the top. All God's creatures, wherever they live on the different parts of the ball, look different (in color, in their features) because the air is different in each place, but they stand erect as all other human beings.

Therefore there are places in the world where, when some have light, others have darkness; when some have day, others have night. There is a place in the world where the day is long and night is but a short time... "

^^ THIS IS FROM OVER 1,000 YEARS AGO WHEN THINKING SUCH THINGS WAS REGARDED AS INSANE. YET ITS STATED AS FACT IN SCRIPTURE THAT DIDNT HAVE ACCESS TO MODERN TECHNOLOGY

AS MUCH AS OP THINKS HE’S SMART (HE’S NOT, HE’S JUST A WELL RESEARCHED GEEK), HIS END GAME OF ATHIESM IS BASED IN PURE IDIOCY

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Yea round in this capacity. Not the “round ball spinning at magnificent speeds while hurling itself around the sun also at magnificent speeds”

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
Personally, I'm over it unless the rhetoric is violent, racist, etc., But some just enjoy debating, I used to when people were more inclined to argue in good faith, but it is worth combating it publicly because other people will come across these ideas and without evidence to combat it, people on the fence will fall into a spiral of conspiracy, and that can bleed into other areas that affect people beyond themselves.

If people who are on the fence and their naturally tendency is lead to the conclusion of flat earth… then that natural tendency itself only further supports the argument for flat earth itself.

As I said before the truth is simple.

Let people come to their own conclusions using their reasoning.

The fact one has to try to “combat” these “laughable” “silly” conclusions shows a threat to them.

If they claims are harmless then why the need for combat?

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
Personally, I’m of the position flat earth.

It is the most simplest logical conclusion.

The same conclusion that humans around the world believed for millennia.

And It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
If people who are on the fence and their naturally tendency is lead to the conclusion of flat earth… then that natural tendency itself only further supports the argument for flat earth itself.

As I said before the truth is simple.

Let people come to their own conclusions using their reasoning.

The fact one has to try to “combat” these “laughable” “silly” conclusions shows a threat to them.

If they claims are harmless then why the need for combat?
It's at the end of my post, the part you bolded. :mjlol: I said "people on the fence will fall into a spiral of conspiracy, and that can bleed into other areas that affect people beyond themselves".

For example, conspiracy nuts vote in our elections, and look at the result of what followed. Now they are even more emboldened and more warped than ever before. What falls from that affects everyone in this country, and arguably the world, given the reach of America globally. But if more people valued philosophy, reason, logic (formal), and critical thinking, we wouldn't be in this current mess. So, yes, people should combat nonsense, as it typically isn't restricted to the mind of the individual, it doesn't occur within a vacuum.

And no offense, I could have you entirely wrong, but an issue with these threads, and it bothers me the most, is that they will attract the flat earthers, and that's fine, but what I don't like is when it attracts those that pretend not to be flat earthers while pushing rhetoric that indirectly supports. You don't support flat earth, right? Rather, you simply support the idea of what people are "naturally" inclined to believe, right?

edit:

Just saw your most recent post, I respect you for being honest, I would say your initial post wasn't so honest though, which is why I was skeptical.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Idk about it being flat, but can we explain ancient architecture like the pyramids, puma punku, and Stonehenge? Why were they built ?
What does this have to do with the price of rice?
I think I have satisfactorily answered your questions, now here are mine (because you basically pretended I didn't say these things to you in the other thread):

Regardless of the shape of the Earth, there are natural phenomena that science communicators and Flat Earthers empirically observe, these being the day/night cycle, the changing of the seasons, eclipses, stars in the Northern Hemisphere being different to the ones in the Southern Hemisphere and sunsets.

Provide for me a Flat Earth model that explains these all at the same time:

-- accounts for the day/night cycle
-- accounts for the seasons
-- accounts for eclipses, solar and lunar
-- accounts for the stars in the Northern Hemisphere being different from the Southern Hemisphere
-- accounts for why we see the sun setting

REMEMBER: Your model needs to explain all of these things AT THE SAME TIME. Do not provide for me multiple models, I'm asking you for ONE.

If you cannot provide a model, provide an explanation for each one of these things that doesn't contradict the other.
You had time today, arguing with @xCivicx is a waste of time, its like stirring rapidly cooling tar. I'm convinced he didnt do well in school and is one of those ppl that have to experience things himself for it to be real; because he knows he's far from clever but is in such fear of being gullible he'll straight up deny it. Like ppl would have done before civilization started writing shyt down.
He'll deny that France is a place because he's never been. Good work in over simplifying this for him.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
You’re 100% backwards, as usual.

Aristotle, Ptolemy, Ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Indians, the Chinese all considered the earth round.

The flat earth model only became popular when you dumbass religious types tanked civilization during the dark ages. Then, when scientists argued in favor of more accurate astronomical models, they would be burned alive.

And again, you’re completely revising history, as flat earthers originally based their idea on Bible passages. Examples include dumbass St Augustine and others. Furthermore, ancient Israelites believed the earth was a flat disc.

So in summary, everything you said is wrong and the exact opposite of what actually occured. Scientists and ancient cultures were all aware of a spherical earth, and it’s only due to retarded “divine scripture” that anyone ever thought otherwise.

Positive Poster

All Star
Daps
I’m a be honest.

Truth is simple.

2+2=4.

Occam’s razor.

The reality is they see an opportunity to easily win an argument and feed their ego with displays of intellect to imaginary people online. The funny part is the frustration shown when they’re unable to do so as easily as they thought.

Classic Coli

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
You’re 100% backwards, as usual.

Aristotle, Ptolemy, Ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Indians, the Chinese all considered the earth round.

The flat earth model only became popular when you dumbass religious types tanked civilization during the dark ages. Then, when scientists argued in favor of more accurate astronomical models, they would be burned alive.

And again, you’re completely revising history, as flat earthers originally based their idea on Bible passages. Examples include dumbass St Augustine and others. Furthermore, ancient Israelites believed the earth was a flat disc.

So in summary, everything you said is wrong and the exact opposite of what actually occured. Scientists and ancient cultures were all aware of a spherical earth, and it’s only due to retarded “divine scripture” that anyone ever thought otherwise.

YOURE FULL OF SHIIT CRACKER

SHOW ME WHERE OLD TESTAMENT SPOKE OF THE WORLD BEING FLAT

I LITERALLY JUST SHOWED U SCRIPTURE WHICH SPOKE OF THE OPPOSITE

YOURE JUST TRYING TO JUSTIFY THE FACT THAT YOURE A SOULLESS CAC WHO DOESNT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF CREATION AND INTELLIGENT DESIGN