I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

Daps
Astounding nikkas say things like this in the damn information age where knowledge has never been easier to attain :wow:
I'm a Gen Xer. I have a great life now. Do you know where I'd be if I had the world wide web growing up? Muthafukkas, including family members I know and love, have a virtual library at their fingertips but still come to me asking for answers to questions they can find themselves. I even look up the answers on their device right in front of them and it doesn't click. That's the most frustrating shyt in the universe.

^^ THIS IS FROM OVER 1,000 YEARS AGO WHEN THINKING SUCH THINGS WAS REGARDED AS INSANE. YET ITS STATED AS FACT IN SCRIPTURE THAT DIDNT HAVE ACCESS TO MODERN TECHNOLOGY

Science knew the Earth was a sphere way before that by 1300 years. Instead of descriptions of balls, they measured the actual circumference of the Earth.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I'm a Gen Xer. I have a great life now. Do you know where I'd be if I had the world wide web growing up? Muthafukkas, including family members I know and love, have a virtual library at their fingertips but still come to me asking for answers to questions they can find themselves. I even look up the answers on their device right in front of them and it doesn't click. That's the most frustrating shyt in the universe.

Science knew the Earth was a sphere way before that by 1300 years. Instead of descriptions of balls, they measured the actual circumference of the Earth.

NONSENSE

THE OVERWHELMING BELIEF WAS THAT EARTH WAS FLAT 1,300 YEARS AGO

Positive Poster

All Star
Daps
DIVINE SCRIPTURE TOLD US THE EARTH WAS ROUND WAY BEFORE IT WAS ACCEPTED BY SCIENCE

Zohar Vaikra 10a:

וּבְסִפְרָא דְּרַב הַמְנוּנָא סָבָא, פָּרִישׁ יַתִּיר, דְּהָא כָּל יִשׁוּבָא מִתְגַּלְגְּלָא בְּעִגוּלָא כַּכַּדּוּר, אִלֵּין לְתַתָּא, וְאִלֵּין לְעֵילָּא, וְכָל אִינּוּן בִּרְיָין מְשַׁנְיָין בְּחֶזְוַויְיהוּ מִשִׁנוּיָא דַּאֲוִירָא. כְּפוּם כָּל אֲתַר וַאֲתַר, וְקַיְימִין בְּקִיּוּמַיְיהוּ כִּשְׁאָר בְּנֵי נָשָׁא.

ועַל דָּא אִית אֲתַר בְּיִשּׁוּבָא, כַּד נָהִיר לְאִלֵּין, חָשִׁיךְ לְאִלֵּין, לְאִלֵּין יְמָמָא, וּלְאִלֵּין לֵילְיָא. וְאִית אֲתַר דְּכוּלֵיהּ יְמָמָא, וְלָא אִשְׁתְּכַח בֵּיהּ לֵילְיָא, בַּר בְּשַׁעֲתָא חֲדָא זְעֵירָא. וְהַאי דְּאָמַר בְּסִפְרֵי קַדְמָאֵי, וּבְסִפְרָא דְּאָדָם הָרִאשׁוֹן הָכִי הוּא.

"The entire world and those upon it, spin round in a circle like a ball,' both those at the bottom of the ball and those at the top. All God's creatures, wherever they live on the different parts of the ball, look different (in color, in their features) because the air is different in each place, but they stand erect as all other human beings.

Therefore there are places in the world where, when some have light, others have darkness; when some have day, others have night. There is a place in the world where the day is long and night is but a short time... "

^^ THIS IS FROM OVER 1,000 YEARS AGO WHEN THINKING SUCH THINGS WAS REGARDED AS INSANE. YET ITS STATED AS FACT IN SCRIPTURE THAT DIDNT HAVE ACCESS TO MODERN TECHNOLOGY

AS MUCH AS OP THINKS HE’S SMART (HE’S NOT, HE’S JUST A WELL RESEARCHED GEEK), HIS END GAME OF ATHIESM IS BASED IN PURE IDIOCY
Where did Moses de Leon get his information? I ask out of genuine interest.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Eratosthenes was born over 2,298 years ago and proved its circumference mathematically. Pythagoras reasoned that the Earth was a sphere two centuries before. This is middle school level science knowledge.

AND DID THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION ADHERE TO THAT?

YES OR NO?

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
I’m a be honest.

The fact you have to call this individual out shows intellectual dishonesty.

If the narrative of his claim is thats it is so laughably ridiculous then… there should be no need for discussion.

Does a man debate with a “fool” on if the sky is red?

Giving debate is to give weight.

If one has discuss to the “fool” using intricate complicated word maze & he only has to use a single breath… then perhaps it is not he who is the fool.

Truth is simple.

2+2=4.

Occam’s razor.

Daps
AND DID THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION ADHERE TO THAT?

YES OR NO?

How did make that giant moving goal post leap from science to the majority of the population?

:mjlol:

This is the first sentence in your initial post.

DIVINE SCRIPTURE TOLD US THE EARTH WAS ROUND WAY BEFORE IT WAS ACCEPTED BY SCIENCE

That's false by the fact of Eratosthenes and Pythagoras existing.

Ptolemy’s Almagest predates the text you posted by eight centuries.