I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And once again, you have failed to produce an example of a body of water "curving" like the oceans are supposedly doing all over the ball earth. So this is a clear L for you, please don't forget it

Wrong.

As I explained to you earlier, WAVES are examples of water curving. First of all, asking for examples of water curving is trivial, because water curves all the time. Drop water on wax paper, it curves. Bubbles are curved. Water does this everyday.

But with regard to waves, they are a result of gravitational tidal pull from the Moon. The Moon's gravity enacts a force on the ocean, and pulls it from one shore, causing low tide. This means that elsewhere on Earth, at another shore it is high tide.

In the middle of low and high tide, there is a swell of water somewhere on this Earth. That is an example of a large body of water curving (or not "finding its level", which is what you really want to say, flerf).

Again, low and high tide exist. When it's low tide in one place, it's high tide in another. This means necessarily, there is a "curved" swell in the middle of these two extremes, proving that water does not "always find its level".

This is irrefutable.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Wait, so you're saying that the constellations that we see today are different from the constellations that were in the sky a few centuries ago?? Can you elaborate on that?

Wooooow, you just said that trigonometry can accurately test and map moving systems. You are literally in here doing your best pseudo-intellectual poser impression because that's not only wrong, it's idiotic

Moving systems are mapped by dynamic functions, not static formulas. Show a trig formula that accounts for motion/direction AT ALL. I'LL WAIT

:mjlol:

I have no idea who you believe you are fooling with this nonsense. This is a forum, where we can see what was said, to whom, and why.

I was responding to specific things you asked me, not as a catch-all to the ludicrously unintelligent questions you're asking.

Trigonometry measures the distance between what we can see in the sky and where we are relative to that position, by the measurement of angles (triangles), in this case light. This is how we know the Sun is 93 million miles away, and not the hilarious 3000 miles that you believe.

This is where the term "triangulate" comes from.

So, we are able to TRIANGULATE the positions of stars in the sky, based on our knowledge of the speed of light and trigonometry.

Considering the speed of light, stars in the sky are millions of light-years away from us, so we are technically seeing the past, and its possible the stars we see are dead or have changed. We won't know for sure for millions of years. We can only measure the light that has reached us.

Constellations are relatively constant, as they would take many years for us to notice any discernable change. THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE CANNOT MEASURE MOVEMENT AT ALL.

We can use parallax measurements to track movement in space.

I took 2 years of calculus in highschool and 3 more at GT btw

Yeah, I don't believe that.

Mind providing some evidence of your coursework at Georgia Tech? I mean, since you're trying to use this as a credential, you should be able to provide this upon demand.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You can juelz all you want

Pear-shaped means pear-shaped. Heliocentrists came up with that term, not me

You posted photos that exposed that you don't even know what the current heliocentric standards are, and you're still going off of what you learned in middle school

"Noticeable bulge" y'all's words, not mine :yeshrug:

The problem is you're too stupid to understand what people are actually saying.

Again-- when you heard "pear" you are thinking of the European Pear. Neil is referring to the FAR MORE COMMON Asian Pear.

It looks like this:

As you can see, this pear is roughly spherical. It is flat on the north and south poles of the fruit.

The "noticeable bugle" is a reference to the EQUATOR, not the lower half of the fruit, genius.

This is why he used this fruit to help demonstrate the true shape of the Earth, dummy: for clowns like you that can't imagine what "oblate spheroid" means.

His mistake was underestimating how stupid you people are, and that you would actually think he was talking about the European Pear.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Wait, so you're saying that the constellations that we see today are different from the constellations that were in the sky a few centuries ago?? Can you elaborate on that?

Wooooow, you just said that trigonometry can accurately test and map moving systems. You are literally in here doing your best pseudo-intellectual poser impression because that's not only wrong, it's idiotic

Moving systems are mapped by dynamic functions, not static formulas. Show a trig formula that accounts for motion/direction AT ALL. I'LL WAIT

I took 2 years of calculus in highschool and 3 more at GT btw. You really shouldn't jump out the window making embarrassing statements hoping that I'm not going to catch them

This video debunks whatever you're saying about that picture you took from the plane you were flying in. You know this, which is why you're scared to press play:therethere:

Bro you wyldin :heh: You don’t know math or science. You just talking

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No I didn't

I even posted the google definition of the photo that I posted. In that very definition it states that that is the CLOSESTS WE CAN GET TO SEEING A NEW MOON

You like to selectively read stuff but I'm gonna keep you right on track

Again, YOU ARE LYING and juelzing

Months ago, you posted images of Crescent Moons towards me when I said that New Moons don't occur at night. Here are the quotes in order:

New moons do NOT only occur during night. Solar eclipses ONLY happen during New Moons, meaning new moons do not occur during the night. You're debunking your own talking point but you're not perceptive enough to realize that :wtf:

New moons do NOT occur at night. I have no idea where you're getting this from.
You're slipping

GettyImages-183847542-5ac4d66004d1cf0037f5675f.jpg
GgXcQwrFH7T9Pvi2qkpCVX.jpg
Nikka those are not new moons!

You're literally showing images of the moon with the Sun's light on it. If the Moon is lit, it's NOT a new moon.

Educate yourself, jesus christ:

You then DOUBLE DOWN on posting a crescent moon because, once again, you thought this is what a new moon looked like:

New moon

new-moon.jpg

After I explained for the umpteenth time that this is a crescent moon, you then tried to post the "definition" of new moon, but the problem is that the description you posted betrayed you. It literally said crescent moons are the closest you'll be able to see a new moon at night.

The image i posted is of a new moon

The short answer of it is that you cannot see a new moon at night. A new moon is not in the sky at night! It rises with the sun and sets with the sun. The closest you can get to "seeing" a new moon is a "waxing crescent" right after the sun sets, or a "waning crescent" right before the sun rises.

This is your own provided definition debunking you, by telling you that you cannot see New Moons at night, and that those are images of crescents. You are literally too stupid to realize that you posted evidence debunking your own claim :russ:

THEN you tried to juelz out of it because you realized you were wrong about this, by saying I was "talking around your main point":

And again you're still talking around my main point, as per usual. The moon completely blocking sunlight in 1 photo and barely blocking any sunlight at all in another pic doesnt make sense. Stay on topic

The problem with this was YOUR MAIN POINT WAS THAT NEW MOONS AND SOLAR ECLIPSES WERE OPPOSITE THINGS.

You posted those images because you thought they proved you correct about "New Moons" happening AT NIGHT.

This is why you've been caught juelzing-- new moons and solar eclipses are NOT opposite things. Your own posted definition states that New Moons rise and set with the Sun, meaning they literally do not happen at night.

As the moon orbits the Earth in an elliptical path that isn't perfectly circular, we don't get solar eclipses every month. When the path gets in the way of the sun, that's when a Solar eclipse happens-- literally at the beginning of the Lunar phase, during a NEW MOON.

This is why the opposite happens at the end of the month, with a Lunar Eclipse during a FULL MOON.

Lol enormous L.

Last edited:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I know the difference. What is it that you think I don't understand??

Sidereal day = 23h56m

Solar day = 24h

There's a stacking 4 minute discrepancy between the 2. This is simple math. Why is this so hard for you to understand??

I have the poster you quoted on ignore. It has nothing to do with this topic

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Fam.

Please.

Slow down.

You literally don't realize you are debunking yourself here :snoop:

Pay attention:

- You correctly identify that a sidereal day is less than 24 hours.
- You correctly identify that a solar day is 24 hours
- You don't understand that WE BASE TIME ON THE SOLAR DAY.
- You used the SIDEREAL DAY to state TIME should be out of whack.

Do you understand now?

Your previous quotes about TIME used the SIDEREAL DAY, which has NOTHING TO DO WITH TIME AS A MEASUREMENT:

It does not account for the time discrepancy between the sidereal and solar day
YOU dont understand the difference between a sidereal and solar day. Im not confusing them. Im saying that they are 2 different lengths of time, so they will quickly cause a time disparity, over time

This is you, unequivocally thinking sidereal day is how we measure time (hours, minutes, etc.).

These two concepts are DIFFERENT THINGS. A time discrepancy could only happen with the SOLAR DAY. The sidereal day is accounted for in LEAP YEARS moron.

Another monumental L

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You think way too highly of yourself my guy

I'm certified. I am quite literally famous for my ability to break down one's arguments and demolish them. I do this for a living.

You got the right one this time, which is why you are on your heels. :sas1:

You still haven't shown me water curving around a ball

You still haven't shown me a single model that demonstrates the bullshyt you're peddling. We are both asking for impossible things :myman:

You pics of earth from space don't line up with the current heliocentric viewpoint, no matter how much you try to fit a square peg into a round hole

Lmao, you know, just saying words don't make them true.

Every image I've posted have been factual evidence. You literally still cannot produce a single image of your flat earth. Which is crazy because if you're claiming we have CGI for images of a spherical earth, why aren't there CGI images of the flat earth?

Dumbass :martin:

You're TERRIFIED to click play on that infrared video

Lol, hey man, I'm in my 30s. Reverse psychology only works on children. The second you provide for me a model that accounts for the things you've been claiming, I will thoroughly debunk that video.

(Just in case you were wondering, I'm literally sitting on another video takedown of your vid so whenever you're ready :unimpressed:)

You continue to nitpick and talk in circles

Lol, if your arguments cannot stand up to nitpicks, they are not factual. You cannot nitpick the heliocentric model, because it is reality. Reality cannot be nitpicked.

The only reason you think I'm talking in circles is because you lack intelligence. I'm making sense to nikkas that can understand basic concepts. I haven't even gotten deep into the science-- I'm killing you with logic, and you admit you can't keep up:sas2:

I'm still waiting for you to say you're ready to move to plane flight, because you said something pretty dumb a few pages back and I wanna see whether you're gonna double down or not

This bears repeating I guess: I am not letting you pull the stunt you've tried to pull with other Coli nikkas and move to different topics so that you don't have to answer the basic questions you should be able to answer:

PROVIDE FOR ME A MODEL THAT ACCOUNTS FOR THE CLAIMS YOU ARE MAKING.

I will accept drawings from you.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Fam.

Please.

Slow down.

You literally don't realize you are debunking yourself here :snoop:

Pay attention:

- You correctly identify that a sidereal day is less than 24 hours.
- You correctly identify that a solar day is 24 hours
- You don't understand that WE BASE TIME ON THE SOLAR DAY.
- You used the SIDEREAL DAY to state TIME should be out of whack.

Do you understand now?

Your previous quotes about TIME used the SIDEREAL DAY, which has NOTHING TO DO WITH TIME AS A MEASUREMENT:

This is you, unequivocally thinking sidereal day is how we measure time (hours, minutes, etc.).

These two concepts are DIFFERENT THINGS. A time discrepancy could only happen with the SOLAR DAY. The sidereal day is accounted for in LEAP YEARS moron.

Another monumental L

No, YOU need to slow down

I NEVER said that we base our day on the sidereal day. YOU MADE THAT UP. I ask y'all again to STOP. IMAGINING ME. READ WHAT I'M ACTUALLY POSTING

Now, I'll ask you AGAIN, to go back and reread that post of mine about the sidereal and solar days, read it FOR COMPREHENSION, and then try your response again

It's not TIME, that's out of wack, time is CONSTANT, like I said MANY MANY MANY TIMES in that post that you quoted and made a strawman response to

My overall point is that THE POSITION OF THE SUN IS OUT OF WACK

Again, READ MY POSTS FOR COMPREHENSION FFS

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
No, YOU seem to have the comprehension issue.

First of all, stop with all the getting buck shyt. You ain't threating at all, and when you choose to stop engaging is the moment you admit defeat, cause I'm gonna keep popping my shyt, and you gonna keep getting bodied, and every time you bring up Flat Earth in the future, people will reference this thread and show that you were already debunked. I have quite literally already made Luken a laughing stock on this board-- you are lining yourself up to be next with this rhetoric.

I have painstakingly debunked your talking points already. Acknowledge my answers nikka. Every time I answer something or provide a piece of evidence, YOU RUN FROM IT and try to bring up another flerf talking point.

Second, and more importantly, YOU don't seem to understand that in order to validate a claim, you must provide EVIDENCE for that claim, in order for that claim to be taken seriously. For the flat earth argument you are making, you must consolidate those ideas into ONE model, because that is the only way reality works.

You want to have multiple explanations for the phenomena we all witness, but the problem is that the multiple explanations you have given CONTRADICT THE OTHERS. This means one or more of your explanations are incorrect.

This is why we consistently ask you for ONE model; the heliocentric model accounts for everything we see, neatly. The questions you raise against it are because you simply do not understand the heliocentric model. If you understood it, you would naturally come to the conclusion that the flat earth hypothesis is impossible. That you still question it at this point tells me that you legitimately do not understand it.

Nikka, how are you this dense? The Heliocentric model is part of the larger Physical Cosmology model, which includes universe expansion.

But two things:

1. You are trying to change the subject-- focus on the shape of the Earth. This thread is called "I'm challenging xCivicx to a debate about Flat Earth". You always try to deflect with a different topic so that you don't have to answer the topic that is under discussion. I'm more than happy to talk about universe expansion, but that is not the topic and it's clear that you are trying to run.

2. As I've already told you, stop asking for shyt that you're going to outright dismiss. You have asked me for evidence of certain things, and the second I provide it, you dismiss it. I gave you a real image of the Earth from the ISS, and your goofy ass said it looked like a painting.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Boy, you setting yourself up for failure. It's mad funny that you don't even realize this.

You shouldn't have done this, but hey, I'm a lion and lions don't turn down easy kills.

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

This is one of the most embarrassing and juvenile attempts at explaining magnetism (or literally anything) I have ever seen.

You type like a kid that just got caught lying and has to explain why they stuck their hand in the cookie jar :ohhh:

Fam-- NO: the Earth produces a magnetic field through convection currents of the outer core and rotation. The core of the SPHERICAL Earth is why we have a magnetic field.

We can measure this with seismographs. When there is an earthquake, that quake produces what are known as P-waves and S-waves. P-waves are the most important to this discussion. P-waves, or pressure waves, are body waves that reveal information about the interior of the Earth. P-waves go through the Earth's interior and because of the makeup of the interior of the Earth (i.e., layers like the crust, mantle, inner core, etc..) cause what is known as the P-Wave Shadow Zone.

pand%20s%20shadow.png

This Shadow Zone reveals that the Earth has a spherical outer core and solid inner core. This is an objective measurement that is captured on a seismograph, meaning there is no room for NASA (or Neil deGrasse Tyson or whoever you like to make believe is in on the conspiracy) to fabricate. It is also how the early earthquake detection system works, literally by measuring P-waves that pass through the Earth's interior. This gives us up to 90 seconds warning before major earthquakes happen.

So we know why the magnetic field is generated, and that it's quite literally due to the core of the Earth not only rotating, but because it's shape is spherical.

Further, compasses do not work properly in Antarctica at the South Pole:

Hold this L, flerf :martin:

Now YOU have to explain why P-Wave Shadow Zones exist and are captured by seismographs if the Earth is flat and doesn't contain a spherical core that is responsible for the magnetic field.

YOU also have to explain why compasses don't work properly in Antarctica, if Antarctica is a ring that surrounds the flat earth.

YOU are also tasked with explaining why the Moon (which you claim is a projection) is rotating above the Earth "due to magnetic fields". How is this accomplished? Why is a projection being manipulated by a magnetic field? You just SAY this is happening, but you have no proof of this happening nor can you explain it, especially because you believe the Moon is a projection.

YOU are also burdened with explaining why these magnetic field causes the Sun and Moon to move in rings of wider and shallower circumference. Magnets cause attraction, so if the magnetic field is causing them to be pulled towards the center of the flat plane, why does it all of a sudden cause them to rotate AWAY from the center.

And here's where you fukked up-- since you have admitted there IS a center of the flat plane, you must now show me what that looks like (i.e., a model of this flat plane). By there being a center, this means you have a shape in mind, because you've said the Sun and Moon rotate above that center/shape. What is that shape? Show me what that shape looks like. There has to exist a description of what you are claiming. I will accept a drawing if you cannot provide an image from the internet.

I'll wait.

You started this thread to debate the validity of the flat earth model vs the heliocentric model

The heliocentric model includes all of the visible universe. You have yet to produce a model that does this and you haven't even tried

I literally majored in electrical engineering at GT. You googled a bunch of garbage that had absolutely nothing to do with what I said. You have no idea how magnetic fields are generated. This is clear because you seem to think that there's only one way for magnetic fields to be produced, which is completely incorrect

You asked me to explain the movements of the sun and moon on a flat earth model and I explained it. Your response is to post how magnetic field's work within the heliocentric mode?? What does that have to do with my explanation of how the sun and moon's motions work on a flat earth model?? Are you ever gonna stop posting strawmen??

I don't know that the compass doesn't work in antarctica because I've never been there. Neither have you so I'm not sure what you're talking about

Now you don't know how projections work huh. Whatever light source is projecting the sun/moon, are ALSO MOVING ALONG THE PLANE'S MAGNETIC FIELD LINES. Not a hard concept to understand

And you ALSO don't even know how MAGNETS work EITHER?? Wow. Magnets cause attraction AND REPULSION, depending on how they are CHARGED

You're really in here furiously googling things trying to sound smart but you're digging yourself into deeper and deeper holes

And WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. I've ALWAYS said there was a center to the flat earth plane. What would the sun and moon be rotating around if there was no center?? Again, you're showing that not only are you not even reading what I'm posting, you literally don't know how circular motion OR electromagnetism works

This is getting pitiful

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Wrong.

As I explained to you earlier, WAVES are examples of water curving. First of all, asking for examples of water curving is trivial, because water curves all the time. Drop water on wax paper, it curves. Bubbles are curved. Water does this everyday.

But with regard to waves, they are a result of gravitational tidal pull from the Moon. The Moon's gravity enacts a force on the ocean, and pulls it from one shore, causing low tide. This means that elsewhere on Earth, at another shore it is high tide.

In the middle of low and high tide, there is a swell of water somewhere on this Earth. That is an example of a large body of water curving (or not "finding its level", which is what you really want to say, flerf).

Again, low and high tide exist. When it's low tide in one place, it's high tide in another. This means necessarily, there is a "curved" swell in the middle of these two extremes, proving that water does not "always find its level".

This is irrefutable.
You see how you're going out of your way to argue a strawman?

It's because you can't answer my question

You can't show me a body of water sticking to and curving around a ball

Again, failure. You can stop bringing it up now

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl

I have no idea who you believe you are fooling with this nonsense. This is a forum, where we can see what was said, to whom, and why.

I was responding to specific things you asked me, not as a catch-all to the ludicrously unintelligent questions you're asking.

Trigonometry measures the distance between what we can see in the sky and where we are relative to that position, by the measurement of angles (triangles), in this case light. This is how we know the Sun is 93 million miles away, and not the hilarious 3000 miles that you believe.

This is where the term "triangulate" comes from.

So, we are able to TRIANGULATE the positions of stars in the sky, based on our knowledge of the speed of light and trigonometry.

Considering the speed of light, stars in the sky are millions of light-years away from us, so we are technically seeing the past, and its possible the stars we see are dead or have changed. We won't know for sure for millions of years. We can only measure the light that has reached us.

Constellations are relatively constant, as they would take many years for us to notice any discernable change. THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE CANNOT MEASURE MOVEMENT AT ALL.

We can use parallax measurements to track movement in space.

Yeah, I don't believe that.

Mind providing some evidence of your coursework at Georgia Tech? I mean, since you're trying to use this as a credential, you should be able to provide this upon demand.
Nope, stay on topic

I asked you how anyone is able to actually calculate and measure the the multiple different directions that the solar system is seemingly moving at the same time, in space

Your DIRECT ANSWER was "trigonometry"

Trigonometry doesn't measure movement. That was a stupid response and you were completely incorrect because you're trying to hard to APPEAR smart in here that you're throwing things at the wall and hoping your fanboy nuthuggers give you a pass

My point is that the constellations SHOULD NOT BE REMAINING CONSTANT, unless they are moving in all of the exact same directions, at all of the exact same speeds, as the earth, which is impossible

And I literally have nothing to prove to you. You're own blind arrogance got you here. You've literally been stalking me on here for years. I've been very open about that for years, yet you missed that huh

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
The problem is you're too stupid to understand what people are actually saying.

Again-- when you heard "pear" you are thinking of the European Pear. Neil is referring to the FAR MORE COMMON Asian Pear.

It looks like this:

As you can see, this pear is roughly spherical. It is flat on the north and south poles of the fruit.

The "noticeable bugle" is a reference to the EQUATOR, not the lower half of the fruit, genius.

This is why he used this fruit to help demonstrate the true shape of the Earth, dummy: for clowns like you that can't imagine what "oblate spheroid" means.

His mistake was underestimating how stupid you people are, and that you would actually think he was talking about the European Pear.

Slightly wider below the equator than above the equator

The bartlett pear is the most popular pear in the US. Literally anyone can google "most common pear in the US"

bartlett.jpg

Again, failure after failure after failure. You're falling apart