I'm challenging xCivicx to A Debate About Flat Earth

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Judging from all the allegedly black nihilistic atheists on this site, I would think that answer would be clear
No it wouldn't, I'm pretty sure most religious people don't lose sleep over the earth not being flat

What do people gain from "the truth"?

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Sooo. the astronauts/NASA people who has flown in space and looked at Earth while in space obviously would tell us Earth is not flat. What is the response to them? That they're lying about what they saw? They never actually went to space? It was a Hollywood stunt?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@Th3Birdman can you post the formula for the earth's curvature? At your convenience of course

I want to make sure that we start at the same base

The formula for the curvature of the Earth is

h=r-r cos(s/2r)

h=height
r=radius of the Earth
s=arc length

Don't ask for things you don't understand. You won't understand it, and I guaran-damn-tee you have no clue what the fukk I just posted. :ufdup:

Now YOU need to answer why things fall DOWN. If I dropped a ball from my hands, it falls to the Earth. Why does this happen?

Your normal retort is "buoyancy and density" but the problem is that air would exist all the way around a ball, meaning the air on the sides and above it are ALSO less dense, meaning the ball should "fall up" or "fall sideways".

Why don't balls fall UP?

Also, in a vacuum, where there is no air, things still fall DOWN. How do you explain things falling down in a vacuum, where there is no air for a ball to be denser than? :jbhmm:

TartDimpledAmericanquarterhorse-size_restricted.gif

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Hey @Th3Birdman wheres your science knowledge come from? You a scientist by training?

I went to college bro, that's it. I got my bachelor's in a humanity (English; creative writing) and my masters in a foreign language (Japanese).

I've always been interested in science, and my minor in college was Evolutionary Biology. Originally, I'd planned to get a B.S. in biology, and in doing that, you have to take chemistry and math courses. Additionally, I took astronomy courses because I was always interested in space.

Those of us who have actually gone to college and taken advanced math and science courses understand that labwork is a requirement. This means we are not simply repeating what we have heard from scientists and professors, but have performed a litany of experiments ourselves and wrote papers demonstrating our work so that others can attempt to debunk our findings.

This is basic science.

Edit: See me mentioning COURSEWORK HERE, CIVIC?

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Personally, I’m of the position flat earth.

It is the most simplest logical conclusion.

The same conclusion that humans around the world believed for millennia.

And It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
:mjlol:The simplest, most logical conclusion would be the Earth is the same shape as the Moon and the Sun.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
One of the silliest questions he's asked in this thread is "why can't we see satellites in pictures of the Earth from space"

The single largest satellite we have orbiting the Earth is the International Space Station, which is 357 feet, or about the size of a football field.

issartisitcomparison.jpg

So what he's essentially asking is, "why can't we see a football field in pictures of the Earth from space"...

...if it isn't obvious why this is an incredibly stupid question, here's a pic of Los Angeles from a plane on approach to LAX:

los_angeles___plane_view_night_by_elodie50a_d4wdp8u-fullview.jpg

Can you see So-Fi stadium in this image? :martin:

chreh

Rookie
Daps
One of the silliest questions he's asked in this thread is "why can't we see satellites in pictures of the Earth from space"

The single largest satellite we have orbiting the Earth is the International Space Station, which is 357 feet, or about the size of a football field.

issartisitcomparison.jpg

So what he's essentially asking is, "why can't we see a football field in pictures of the Earth from space"...

...if it isn't obvious why this is an incredibly stupid question, here's a pic of Los Angeles from a plane on approach to LAX:

los_angeles___plane_view_night_by_elodie50a_d4wdp8u-fullview.jpg

Can you see So-Fi stadium in this image? :martin:
Lol breh you can cook him in the comments all day but he's not gonna change his mind.

Save yourself the energy.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
All this arguing and all you guys needed to mention was a lunar eclipse wherein the sun projects the shadow of the earth onto the moon.

Tons of videos and evidence of earth not being flat rather shaped like an ellipsoid.

:snooze:

We just had one too lol. I saw the edge of the earth is round with my very own eyes just a matter of weeks ago :mjlol: