I'm about to join #Catset in a few day's: I need some helpful tips

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
That's not true. I've never met a mean calico. My girl has a calico polydactyl that never leaves my side when I'm around.
:yeshrug:
I've had 3 since I was a kid. One was more about the outdoor life, the other two were straight to hateful, the one loved me mom though. I also had two different vets say it, the one even said the ones with grey in them like yours are the worst. That was right before she bit the vet assistant.

I have a brown tabby looking cat now, she's adorable, and I've never heard her hiss or growl even when my daughter keeps messing with it.

One thing a can say about the calicos is they all seemed smart. The middle one got rid of all the moles in the yard.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
My Cat is going on 3 years old and I have only bathed her once in her lifetime lol

If you are going to be bathing your cat make sure he or she gets accustomed to water very early

Breh...

I wish this thread was around when I had my cat.

I gave her a bath one time and I’ve never been looked at by any species with such hatred in my life.

I legit thought she was gonna try to kill me for like 3 days.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Breh...

I wish this thread was around when I had my cat.

I gave her a bath one time and I’ve never been looked at by any species with such hatred in my life.

I legit thought she was gonna try to kill me for like 3 days.

Have you bathed her since?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
First time having a pet as an adult.

After reading @CHICAGO story about his cat I'm getting one.

I filled out the app and I have to go pick one out Saturday.

Any tips/pointers should I know.

I plan on getting a dog once I get the cat chill.

I'm excited my nikkas
Buy a well bred Tonkinese cat or you're finished

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
If you're getting a kitten I suggest getting two. Mines is pretty much my shadow, and is in my lap every 5 minutes. Which is a pain in the butt when they want to play all day, and you're working from home it's annoying as fukk. Getting another will give them someone they can be a cat with and play with. If you don't get a second cat then you have to be consistent with playing with her and tiring her out. A bored and energetic kitten is a kitten that will make you pay attention to her. Get an assortment of toys, and get a toy box to store them in, and swap them out weekly. They do get bored of them. And while it will be tempting, don't use your hand as a toy.

Make sure your place is clean, and that you have stuff in cabinets and closets, because it will be climbing on everything. This is not a option. They are going to do what the fukk they want to do. I'm giving away a sectional, because no matter how I arrange it, mines will get to my floating shelves.

Superstar
Daps
If it’s a small kitten be prepared to feed it 3 times a day. Also get it used to you trimming it’s nails every 2 weeks. If it plays rough that’s usually their personality so you have to get used to it or be prepared to play with laser toys to get it calm when you get home from work. The $30 litter box from pets mart, with the pellets and pad is the best. If you see it messing with stuff it’s not supposed to then it probably wants to play. Not all cats are touchy feely, some are like roommates. Be prepared to get a lot of toys and make it a place where it can sit up high and watch over everything.

Superstar
Daps
Also say goodbye to shyt like using the bathroom by yourself. They will beat down your door for nothing then just stare at you or meow when you let them in.

twpeerer8zc51.jpg

5d3.jpeg