Im A Virgo - Boots Riley | Jharrel Jerome, Mike Epps, Walton Goggins, Brett Gray, Carmen Ejogo, Olivia Washington, Kara Young, and Allius Barnes

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Finally finished all the episodes. This show should he getting more shine that it got. Hell if the trailer wasn't posted on the coli I would have missed it.

It was a very interesting critique of how capitalism unchecked abuses and disenfranchises poor people especially Black people.

Low key Amazon is becoming a leader in hosting Black created content.

Last edited:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a decent show. I think like many shows they failed to stick the landing. By the end, the show had too many storylines going on (most of which were short changed), too many open ended questions, and the ending while having a strong message about the ills of our economic system felt a little too preachy and a cheap way to resolve things. Would I watch a season 2? Yes. If this doesn’t get a season 2, would I be upset and surprised? No.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was a decent show. I think like many shows they failed to stick the landing. By the end, the show had too many storylines going on (most of which were short changed), too many open ended questions, and the ending while having a strong message about the ills of our economic system felt a little too preachy and a cheap way to resolve things. Would I watch a season 2? Yes. If this doesn’t get a season 2, would I be upset and surprised? No.
Yea, I think the show was a little too scattered in terms of the themes that were being harped on to the point it did come off as preachy. Boots style is Afro-Surrealism so I knew what it was coming in.

After the first episode I was thinking the show was going to focus on the complexities to raising a black kid in America, how much closeted our youth can be due to parents wanted to protect them from the ills of society. Then it shifted into a lot of different areas and topics and ended up losing some of its initial punch for me.

It didn't help that things were typically overly explained through the dialogue from the characters.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Well made, love the cinematography. Just not for me. It's like listening to Billy Woods. I get it but not for me.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
When he was takin ole boi to Highland Hospital and this came on..

:deadrose: