Im A Virgo - Boots Riley | Jharrel Jerome, Mike Epps, Walton Goggins, Brett Gray, Carmen Ejogo, Olivia Washington, Kara Young, and Allius Barnes

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Something is wrong with some of y’all in here. When we get to do something different, it’s met with oh it’s black weirdo title. If we are all looking to express our art as black human beings and creatives, why are some hating off jump. White folks get to make these films all the time and the film is judged on its merit. How you gonna judge a show that ain’t even drop yet and with such a narrow lens because it involves black people. My point is we as a people have a plethora of ideas and topics we can present because we are people with a plethora of points of view and learned experiences. If you want everyone to be equal, then let those with different ideas get their shot. Judge their work on the merit of the work not some simplistic view of what blackness is.

I want shows of black ppl just “being”

Black ppl living normal lives without any trauma. I want to watch black ppl live without having to think about this fukked up world. No one asked for this.

Give me 10000 Entergalactics, give me 1000 Love Life season 2, give me 1000 Atlantas, 1000 Insecures or 1000 Johnsons or Send Help.

Koreans can make 1000 of the same K Drama lol

But when we put out a movie there has to be a twist because we have to go through white distribution companies. I enjoy the middle ground. We don’t always have to go super extreme and we shouldn’t have to have films based on trauma either.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Black ppl living normal lives without any trauma. I want to watch black ppl live without having to think about this fukked up world. No one asked for this.

Give me 10000 Entergalactics, give me 1000 Love Life season 2, give me 1000 Atlantas, 1000 Insecures or 1000 Johnsons or Send Help.

But when we put out a movie there has to be a twist because we have to go through white distribution companies. I enjoy the middle ground. We don’t always have to go super extreme and we shouldn’t have to have films based on trauma either.

I got you

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

You sound like an absolute hoe with all do respect