Im A Virgo - Boots Riley | Jharrel Jerome, Mike Epps, Walton Goggins, Brett Gray, Carmen Ejogo, Olivia Washington, Kara Young, and Allius Barnes

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I worked on this show last year on the Oakland leg of the shoot, saw the first four eps in one of the pre-screenings as well. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season, i felt the 3rd act of Sorry to Bother You missed the mark but have thoroughly enjoyed this show, it’s dope. Frankly I think Boots legit got a hit on his hands.

I get why folks are writing it off already if they watched sorry to bother you and didn’t like it but ultimately there’s no need for negativity towards the expansion of the types of black content that get green-lit, especially to the tune that Boots pulled off ($40M budget). I could give less than two fukks about the latest Power spinoff but I would never hate on the doors it opens for bigger platforms and bigger investment opportunities for black storytellers.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Something is wrong with some of y’all in here. When we get to do something different, it’s met with oh it’s black weirdo title. If we are all looking to express our art as black human beings and creatives, why are some hating off jump. White folks get to make these films all the time and the film is judged on its merit. How you gonna judge a show that ain’t even drop yet and with such a narrow lens because it involves black people. My point is we as a people have a plethora of ideas and topics we can present because we are people with a plethora of points of view and learned experiences. If you want everyone to be equal, then let those with different ideas get their shot. Judge their work on the merit of the work not some simplistic view of what blackness is.

Facts. Why can't Black people have their own being John Malkovich. I would call it 'Being Lil Jon'

Last edited:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just finished the episode where scat fell off the bike. If he died im gonna be mad af

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Juat finished, my only issue was that cootie was a big dumbass. I understand though, being sheltered n all

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I’m a Libra, but I fukked hard with this. Its got a strong message regarding capitalism that will stick with me. I watched Sorry to Bother You years back so the unapologetic absurdities here were pretty on-brand and some of them, especially the
Bill Cosby sounding ass AI :heh:
, had me crackin’ up. Boots is the man and I hope he gives us more projects like this in the future.

I’d be open to another season, but I honestly thought the series wrapped itself well at the end. I’m taking it Cootie’s skin rash was meant to signify his loss of innocence due to captalism. He was being taken advantage of by the agent in order to sell merch, portrayed as a “villain” by the media, and the same clothing he wore at the corporation’s event spawned the rash. Yeah, him and Jones may have got the best of The Hero at the end, but at what cost.

There is a trend of some serious good shows on Prime Video that end up out to dry due to poor marketing. This isn’t the first one to get such treatment, nor will it be the last. Don’t know what’s up.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Best superhero themed show I've seen in a minute.

Something is wrong with some of y’all in here. When we get to do something different, it’s met with oh it’s black weirdo title. If we are all looking to express our art as black human beings and creatives, why are some hating off jump. White folks get to make these films all the time and the film is judged on its merit. How you gonna judge a show that ain’t even drop yet and with such a narrow lens because it involves black people. My point is we as a people have a plethora of ideas and topics we can present because we are people with a plethora of points of view and learned experiences. If you want everyone to be equal, then let those with different ideas get their shot. Judge their work on the merit of the work not some simplistic view of what blackness is.
RT some people actually like all the stereotypes and would rather have a show like "The Wire" but with superpowers

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I see they got Denzel’s daughter in this. :ohhh:

Breh caught four nikkas in one slap. That shyt caught me off guard. :dead:

I met her at a play after Q&A she was in, we just looked at each other for a second, and I complimented performance, and she engaged for second

was thinking I could ask her out

and had no idea she was Denzel's daughter LOL

she was very low key and sharp