Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
although this ain't a pro trickin'thread especially in places like the DR you'd want to try to get a Sim card in a local persons name because you better get anything you say to a chick in Sosua In Writing before you take her to your room.
You'd want to get it in someone else's name because shyt will look wierd on What's app please don't beleive that it's encyrpted and if you have an Iphone Cellbrite will glady open it for any Law enforcement who asks.

some nikkas go as far as to carry MiFi mobile routers and put a Sim Card in that. The coverage is better especially if you go way out to Montellano and the data is not connected to your phone per se.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Yep you can hand out cheap droids like candy. Even though people have Iphones you see a random chick in the club with one you have to ask yourself how could she afford it shyt costs way more in Colombia than in the US
Yes, but people also have families and friends in the states or know people who can that send them shyt, doesn’t even have to be new.. a 13 pro max is 2 years old, and is still a high end phone..

This chick invited me to a her fam’s New Year’s party.. damn near all of them had iPhones… some even Apple Watches.. her sister lives in Texas and she works remotely for a large well know US company.. it’s not that hard to get shyt..

My usual lunch spot, the lady who runs it got 2 daughters in SC, one an engineer.. the other in college.. if it’s on tv in the states.. she can get it if she wants...

When I got back from Medellin in 2021, I sold my Sony a6500 to some dude on OfferUp, when I met up with dude he told me he’s about to send it to his cousin in Medellin… told him I just got back from meddy..

That being said, I get your point.. you’re gonna see a lot of girls with nice things and you’re gonna know what’s up.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yes, but people also have families and friends in the states or know people who can that send them shyt, doesn’t even have to be new.. a 13 pro max is 2 years old, and is still a high end phone..

This chick invited me to a her fam’s New Year’s party.. damn near all of them had iPhones… some even Apple Watches.. her sister lives in Texas and she works remotely for a large well know US company.. it’s not that hard to get shyt..

My usual lunch spot, the lady who runs it got 2 daughters in SC, one an engineer.. the other in college.. if it’s on tv in the states.. she can get it if she wants...

When I got back from Medellin in 2021, I sold my Sony a6500 to some dude on OfferUp, when I met up with dude he told me he’s about to send it to his cousin in Medellin… told him I just got back from meddy..

That being said, I get your point.. you’re gonna see a lot of girls with nice things and you’re gonna know what’s up.
Exactly My Girl will be in the states before me she used half the bread in her american bank account to buy the 12.

Again if you're tapped in to real people that's different but to a goofy on a week visit to Medellin? Hanging out in Parque in Parque Lleras?? If she got a 15 you better watch your drink.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
More Language Learning tips.

Memorize your google translate messages. When learning a language forget all the rules of the language get the basic things you need to know down pat.

When you can speak the words that you find yourself using all the time then you can learn the rules.

It's like how babies learn languages they learn Mama and Dada way before they learn about Past Tense and Present Pefect.

But some other apps to use are Falou and Langauge Transfer.

After that you can use ConjuGato which helps you with verbs.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
You don't need a visa to go to the DR. and if you overstay it's ok really only rich countries care about that in poor countries you pay an overstay fee and come right back.

I overstayed for a year and I'll be back next year for a visit.

Depend on what you're trying to do but for a first trip If you stay on the North Coast either Sosua, Puerto Plata city, Caberete etc. even if you stayed in the hood nothing is likely to happen to you.

Of course in Sosua you'l be hounded by the hoes but it is the easist place for a newbie to navigate.

I guess if I new nothing about traveling I'd consider staying in Puerta Plata city all things considered
from what I was told, those places would be too pricey compared to SD, just bc the capital is bigger and has more land.

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I been talking to this Filipina chick for a minute & I'm really feeling her. Idk about actually living there but imma go see her & check the country out before the end of the year.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
More Language Learning tips.

Memorize your google translate messages. When learning a language forget all the rules of the language get the basic things you need to know down pat.

When you can speak the words that you find yourself using all the time then you can learn the rules.

It's like how babies learn languages they learn Mama and Dada way before they learn about Past Tense and Present Pefect.

But some other apps to use are Falou and Langauge Transfer.

After that you can use ConjuGato which helps you with verbs.
got duolingo, can also get a free ad-free tier version. If anyone is interested lmk.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Pro Tip put ya bills in your own name.

I got a buddy having issues getting his bills paid because the bytch he put the ultilities under is flaking on him and he's having problems putting bills in his name.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Pro Tip for expats but also for travelers generally.

Get a Hobby. I met a dude who moved from Cartagena because in his words it's Sin City We hung out at the Super Bowl and he wanted to hit the strip club after.

He has a Main in Cartagena and he met one down here. Literally last night I was hanging out with him and a buddy and he wanted to hit the club. This ain't Cartagena or Medellin and I only go to the club when I'm showing someone around and while we were kicking it at my Man's spot he was on a dating app hollaring at girls.

I said I thought you had a girl He said I do she was hanging out with me all weekend I wanted to say so why are you on the app?

But I get it homeboy is like damn near all other nikkas they deal with girls because that's the only way that have to pass the time.

nikkas forget all the fun shyt they were into back home, nikkas don't shoot pool, go bowling or hit the gym. They chase girls because that's the only way they know how to occupy their time.

If you move overseas Don't be that guy find something else to occupy your time, Get a hobby, Volunteer, play sports do something other than chase hoes all day.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
cell Phone safety Pro Tip:

One way dudes in Colombia are getting got is because once a thief who knows what they're doing ( and there's a lot of gangs in Medellin that knows what they're doing) they can clean out your bank accounts.

If you're on a short trip consider taking off your banking and credit card apps.

If you don't want to do that bring a throwaway travel phone with no financial apps on it. Keep the other phone with your banking info separate and guard it the same way you guard your passport.

Personally I use a reccomend Google pixel phones with Graphene OS
You need a privacy screen on your phone a good drop case and a Pin and Fingerprint face ID. You need both because you can be forced to open your phone with Face ID or a Fingerprint but you can lock your phone by constantly messing up the Pin.

If you use only a Pin then someone can watch your patterns and figure out your Pin and passowrds.

Speaking of Passowrds again I would use a Yubikey NFC 5 or a Nitrokey. or use a free password generator and storage like Bitwarden.

This could be a liversaver if you're locked out of one of your devices you can gain access to your accounts even if you lose the phone or laptop.

Additionally go to Network and Internet settings to Sim Card options and Turn off the 2G option Criminals and downgrade your phone to 2G which is much easier to hack into.

Set a SIM Card Pin and keep it in Bitwarden this makes it harder to spoof your phone.