aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
If you're going to Colombia

You have to fill out the right E-Visa on the right site It's free.

I know an old veteran traveler who went to the wrong site and paid

Don't get Got.

This is the correct site

My boy just texted me… yo wtf, I don’t remember ever paying for checkmig… had to send him this link.. he was about to get scammed.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
My boy just texted me… yo wtf, I don’t remember ever paying for checkmig… had to send him this link.. he was about to get scammed.
That's what this thread is about scam avoidance, This replaces the old paper thing you had to fill out on the plane or the airport. You should never pay for this.

I would get paper copies and screenshots on your phone just in case.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The real hack isn’t a beach but rather a busy port. When I stayed in Cartagena.

I stayed in a couple places.

One was beach and it was ok but kind of dull.

But watching the port with all the ships and movement was interesting as f.

Plus I stayed across from a navy base, so they’d be training and you’d see some wild shyt.

Never a dull moment.
That's a cool tip. The reason beaches exist is to swim. The beach in Boca Chica in the DR is a calm swimmable beach hardly ever a wave.

But the Malecon (the boardwalk in English) in Santo Domingo would have ships going back and forth and waves crashing shyt was totally mesmerizing. I could spend hours just looking at that.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
That's a cool tip. The reason beaches exist is to swim. The beach in Boca Chica in the DR is a calm swimmable beach hardly ever a wave.

But the Malecon (the boardwalk in English) in Santo Domingo would have ships going back and forth and waves crashing shyt was totally mesmerizing. I could spend hours just looking at that.
:wow:

Sounds dope

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
@Wiseborn breh what type of work do you do while abroad?

I just learned about a tax loophole (foreign earned income exclusion) where basically you don’t have to pay federal income tax to the US if you are living abroad for at least 330 days out of the year, wanted to hear if you were up on this

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
When the fukk did the breh @Wiseborn thread get the sticky? Breh has top tier information on Africa, glad to see him get the respect even thought I am late to notice it. :whew:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Any brehs in the UK? Mainly England? I can get citizenship through my pops and was lowkey thinking about making the move.
Cool place. High cost of living though
@Wiseborn breh what type of work do you do while abroad?

I just learned about a tax loophole (foreign earned income exclusion) where basically you don’t have to pay federal income tax to the US if you are living abroad for at least 330 days out of the year, wanted to hear if you were up on this
I talked about that upthread you can earn 12K a year if you live 11 months out of year abroad.

I'm personally retired but thinking about getting into the Airbnb game again and long term looking at agriculture/ sustainable living.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
When the fukk did the breh @Wiseborn thread get the sticky? Breh has top tier information on Africa, glad to see him get the respect even thought I am late to notice it. :whew:
Yeah I try to help out where I can. I can tell you that although the African market is a tough nut to crack you can come up crazy in Africa.

some white boys created the African version of Amazon and some other ones made an African version of Uber with mainly Motos.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Airbnb Hack.

I know a guy who just got a place in Medellin that he's putting on Airbnb this month.

Homie lives in the DR and said that he didn't even see the same Airbnb's in Medellin while he was in the DR so it appears that the algorthim is promoting higher prices stays based on where you're at so If you're an american in america looking at Airbnb's in Medellin it will be different ones than you'd see when boots on the ground in Medellin looking for Airbnb's.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Cool place. High cost of living though

I talked about that upthread you can earn 12K a year if you live 11 months out of year abroad.

I'm personally retired but thinking about getting into the Airbnb game again and long term looking at agriculture/ sustainable living.
I meant 120K a year not 12.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
There's a lot of talk about "passport Bros" going overseas in search of p*ssy.

Maybe you should go abroad in search of health. I was at the movies last night and we were looking at the most expensive hotel in Town and my Girlfriend said Kenny West stayed there when he came to Cali to get dental treatment.

I said you mean Kanye West and why would he come here for dental work?

I looked in the paper and it said 18 hospitals of the top 400 is in Colombia. and the best in Colombia is Foundation Valle de Lilli.

I'm been there and I can concur that it is very good. So if you had to get elective surgury and or dental work you can get it in Colombia. Once you start looking around on IG tey'll have weird things pop up. apperantly if you have hairline problems a place called Scalp Touch can give you a FUE hair transplant.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Defining the types of people that you meet while traveling.

The first and most common person you meet especially outside a G-7 country is a Tour Guide.

I don't mean an official Umbrella holding Tour guide I mean an unofficial one.

The upsides is a Tour guide can really enchance a first trip especially if you don't know anyone. You'll meet them in places where you're likely to be and especially on the beaches. They'll show you around, explain the history and culture help you save money by showing you where things are cheaper and speking for you. Translating if they can. They can be male or female. If you're a Breh and you link with a Male tour guide he'll likely be your cab or Uber driver and will expect a tip as you go. a Female Tour guide or a Mele tour guide for the opposite sex won't charge you by the day and will hang out or be on call as needed. Sex is usually included if you want that.

They'll drop hints on what they need/ want expect of you as you go along but usually they'll have you hit the ATM a couple of days before you leave and giving them what you have left in cash is generally fine, defemitely for a week or less 100 to 200 bucks is defenitely enough. If they tell you about a sick child or relative they may not be lying but you'd have to have an idea of what they'd need. Also two weeks of groceries at the market is sufficient as well.

In Colombia 29 bucks is more than two weeks of groceries in the DR it's 55 bucks in Kenya 45 bucks will do.

Then there's the welcoming Committee. the Welcoming Committee is someone who digs your culture in another country. If you go to the club that plays the most Hip-Hop you'll meet a WC member who will smash off the top. They will not hang out with you like a Tour Guide will They might smash just once or a couple of times on your trip they will not usually charge you more than double the taxi rate for a ride home. You can find one of these people listening to the local english language radio station. Most contries have a "Hip-Hop" station no matter the country FBA culture is global and FBA's abroad can capitalize.

The 3rd type and the ones least likey to meet even if you're looking for them is actual hoes. Even if you're told exactly where to meet hoes you won't spot them. shyt ain't liike america they generally don't dress any differently than regular women and most in other countries are dispersed amount regular women in clubs and bars. The main way you know they're a hoe is after they fukk and they charge you money. You could say that they tricked you into tricking and that might be vailid but anything less than 400 bucks if a chick ass you to pay consider paying at least some of it. In these countries the law is on her side and if they get called you will pay a bribe to them and they'll make you pay her.

If you find yourself in this situation tip your guard at the Hotel beforehand and call him. basically they;ll tell the chick she'll be banned from the Hotel if she doesn't take whatever deal the Guard says Tip the guard again and pay the girl If you don't she'll break stuff and it will be charged to YOU. The other way to handle a stealh hoe is to invite her to breakfast, get her out of the room and when she's out take a 50% discount off of whatever she requests. Once she leaves the room she knows that she fukked up, she has no leverage technically you could pay her nothing but if she flags down a cop you're paying her and the cop.. Don't beat yourself up over getting caught by a stealth hoe this is part of their game they prey on new travelers.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York

I’ll never forget the Airbnb I stayed in which was located by Catalonia hotel on avenue George Washington!!! It was right by the water and at night, I opened all the windows to the balcony, this spot had balconies on both side of the apartment!!!! The most amazing cool breeze all night! No AC needed, just looked out into the ocean and it was one of the best feelings!