I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:patrice:a 3X felon making more than somebody with an advanced degree?

that shyt ain't normal and could possibly be :duck:

also a lot of these jobs that pay tons of $$$$ with little to no real skills are usually bullshyt

1) knew a FEW cats that worked on cell phone towers and they use to brag about how much their checks were - but they risked their lives every day! watching people fall n shyt

I also don't know of anybody that's worked that job for more than 3 or 4 years...the usually do it for a little while and bounce

2) my uncle use to be a railroad engineer - GREAT $$$$...but one thing they don't tell you about are all the people they kill on the railroad; cars and people just walking.

we think that's what drove him to drink all the time - fukked up his head

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Breh I aint tripping there are a lot of non 4 year degree jobs that pay. I know kats right now who are airplane mechanics that make well into the 100k range.

It is a highly skilled trade job in which companies can't find enough folks who can do it.

Two dudes I went to college both quit school. One became a truck driver and the other became a under water welder. Both kats made so much money by 30 they just started their own businesses and quit their jobs.

Last year when I went back to my college home town my college buddy who is a truck driver (one I mentioned above) mentioned that by age 27 he had 2 trucks (one he would drive and one he hired a driver) and had paid off his home and his moms home. Now he owns a business with 5 trucks and doesn't do any of the driving just manages everything.

Get into trucking and do the required 1-2 years otr, return home and get whatever cdl job you want making good money and driving local or at most regional.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Bingo on everything you said. Plus a lot of those trade jobs can be done in more regions than some of those degree jobs.

And you right about them student loans too. People are silly they act like when the economy falls it just affects non degreed folks......like degreed folks jobs don't be going away too when the economy tanks. Like in 2008 US companies werent shipping jobs overseas (labor and white color) to reduce labor rates as the US economy tanked.

Plus folks aren't too bright they don't know how much shyt is made by labor and trade job workers.

People dont even know how much a damn tool maker makes (huge a mounts of money)...a tool maker is one of the most important folks in all of society. All the nice metal shyt we use for machines (that helps make shyt oe is inside mechanical machines) is made by casting which requires.....yes you guessed it a tool maker.

There's nothing sadder than a person with a degree unemployed...which i see plenty. Like i said they already have debt!

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I was with him until "bonuses and overtime"

Live to work brehs

d8qrnIS.gif

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I mean, if your in construction you could very well make 2 - 3x that of a civil engineer.

but consider:

It's a got dayum civil engineering degree :mjgrin: unless your in a large metro area and have tenure good luck getting paid.

you in construction breh, when that building contract dry up, say goodbye to that 2 year run you had being the man and bragging :mjgrin:.

What's that? You don't have health inshorance? Heavens no :sadcam:, your back going out huh. Tsk tsk too bad too sad.

My give a damn been busted for a while know working my corp gig...what with my garaunteed salary, bonuses, 401k and health insurance :mjgrin:.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Get into trucking and do the required 1-2 years otr, return home and get whatever cdl job you want making good money and driving local or at most regional.

Yep knew some dudes who did that as well. I went to college in the deep south and folks working in oil and trucking is common. A lot of big time money too like in trucking if you are willing to buy your truck and stay on the road.

Shoot one girl I went to college with opened here business like this. After college she got married to her boyfriend who was a truck driver.

She wanted to start a business and buy her home. Her husband said well lets sell everything and stay/live on the road for 3 years making runs. We can save up buy our home cash, pay off your debt and have enough money to start a business.

shyt after 3 years they had over a half mill saved up. They bought their house cash, she started her business and was able to pay off her loans in one lump sum.

Her husband then took a local truck driving gig so he could help her with the business.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing sadder than a unemployed person with a degree breh...

It is too because often times they aren't willing to adjust their income or take the hit to get back into the job market and work their way up.

I always tell young kats I mentor. Try to save you at least 2 years of money for bills. Because it aint a matter of if you will be laid off...but when. Also tell them to get a side hustle so they can have something to fall back on when times get rough or just as a way to pay off debt. I don't care if it is cutting hair or braiding hair.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How's the engineering field for black folk? Heard these cacs put black engineers through hell on the job

Its corporate america breh they always gonna try you. So you make what you can out of it and try not to bring any of that shyt home. While also being smart and having an exit strategy as you get older.

Seen older kats who were mentors work until they are old enough to cash out and retire with penison. But for young folks like us aint no more pensions but for a few jobs.

The new hustle I see a few kats doing is cash out in they 40s. Pays off all they debt and take a government job where they can work as a engineer and get all the government perks in terms of pension and vaction, flexibility, easy work and time off.

Older engineering manager I knew did the same thing. Got tired of all the stress, long ours and bull shyt. Got a government gig and called it a day. Now he is planning to cash out and retire in about 10 years (he did 10 years in the military so he will get credit for that and get his full 20 years of government service).

Thing is when you retire early you still need a gig for them insurance benefits until that medicaid kick in at 65.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
:patrice:a 3X felon making more than somebody with an advanced degree?

that shyt ain't normal and could possibly be :duck:

also a lot of these jobs that pay tons of $$$$ with little to no real skills are usually bullshyt

1) knew a FEW cats that worked on cell phone towers and they use to brag about how much their checks were - but they risked their lives every day! watching people fall n shyt

I also don't know of anybody that's worked that job for more than 3 or 4 years...the usually do it for a little while and bounce

2) my uncle use to be a railroad engineer - GREAT $$$$...but one thing they don't tell you about are all the people they kill on the railroad; cars and people just walking.

we think that's what drove him to drink all the time - fukked up his head

Refinaries pay like $20 plus an hr.

Some factories start at like $17. Then you get double time for sundays, triple time for holidays. shyt like that. You can make money with no degree.

merchandisers for pepsi/coke etc. start at like 15per plus tax free mileage pay.

Then you got jobs where overtime is anything over ya scheduled daily hrs.

And as far as the actual psychical labor, a lot of that shyt is embelished. A lot of these jobs have tons of down time.

Also jobs with weird ass hrs. usually pay tremendously and have built in overtime without working any additional days.

Salary isn't always the way to go.