I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
What do y'all make of this?

I've noticed a trend of black men in relationships going on social media to say their wives multiple degrees earn less than them :lupe:

:lupe:
Most important word: overtime.

She makes more per hour = she makes more

Dude just wants to feel like he earns more than his wife

While he works overtime in some likely construction/factory environment, she does not have to to make more..

Basically homie insecure, living in the 80s

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also many professional jobs may require OT and you do not get paid for OT (some times you may get comp time off....and some times you don't). You just charge that shyt to the game.

Where as the labor/union/trade jobs do pay for OT (time and a half and double time).

That is also the difference between exempt and non exempt.

One thing as an engineer I always liked that in DoD you were paid OT, but sadly as straight time and not time and a half or double time.

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
H.S degree isn't really better than a GED. If I could do it all over again knowing what I know now I woulda dropped out my freshman year and took classes at a community college to get a trade, gotten my GED, transferred to a 4 year and used whatever I got in the CC as leverage to get an internship I was unable to get going the typical high school to college route.

Oh and graduated college at 20 with less student loans

High School a joke. Pretty much 4 years kicking it with only about 3 people that'll still be around you 10 years out:francis:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, pretty much the only way in this country to become wealthy (unless you're born into it) is through entrepreneurship, so a lot of this other shyt is irrelevant anyway.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, pretty much the only way in this country to become wealthy (unless you're born into it) is through entrepreneurship, so a lot of this other shyt is irrelevant anyway.

True.....its just a pissing contest.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Compensation is more than just income

Some one may make less
But enjoy their job way more
Have greater job security
Able to move up faster
Ability to find other employment in same field easily
Work less
Have more benefits
Be more healthy due to type of work
More vacation time and etc.

Most people dont think about that.. Like my pops job takes care of a lot of our household expenses and still an income

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No the fukk they don't :mjlol:
It's possible that it's regional, but where I live, there's about seven different coffee shops around me that I frequent on a semi-regular basis. Damn near everyone working there has a degree. The multiples was a reach though.