I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
My lady has 2 master's degree and I have a GED.. I make damn near double what she makes.. My overtime pay alone was more than her regular salary. I don't even feel like I work, I just show up, watch movies on my phone while getting paid.

What you do?

Stationary engineer?

kingstl

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no prospect of landing another equally paying job if shyt goes left.

Next. :camby:

This dude I know makes a ridiculous amount of money selling extended warranties. I'm taking like 2k a week. He tried to get me to work there but I ain't with the BS u gotta go they to work there

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I work in the employment field, meaning when people are unemployed they come and see me. As a result, I'm exposed to a little bit of everyones business.

I have just as many people with degrees looking for work as those who don't. The one downside for those with degrees is that the student loans don't stop.

Skilled trades find work MUCH easier and seldom stress. They have a skill that society needs. Plus there's less stress in the interview process.

Most of my coworkers have degrees...and they make the same as me.

When you get that engineering degree you are competing for very limited positions and you must still deal with racism. Had several brehs with IT degrees and they weren't having luck. Their resume could be impressive but when it comes time for the interview:

:leostare: "Well we're not sure you will be a good fit here." Translated to, "You don't see this office full of cac nerds. We don't hip hop around here".

To work in the professional environment you often have to be that safe negroe.

I applaud education but that's really the problem with a lot of black people. Being educated by cacs is a contract stating you submit to society.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I work in the employment field, meaning when people are unemployed they come and see me. As a result, I'm exposed to a little bit of everyones business.

I have just as many people with degrees looking for work as those who don't. The one downside for those with degrees is that the student loans don't stop.

Skilled trades find work MUCH easier and seldom stress. They have a skill that society needs. Plus there's less stress in the interview process.

When you get that engineering degree you are competing for very limited positions and you must still deal with racism. Had several brehs with IT degrees and they weren't having luck. Their resume could be impressive but when it comes time for the interview:

:leostare: "Well we're not sure you will be a good fit here." Translated to, "You don't see this office full of cac nerds. We don't hip hop around here".

I applaud education but that's really the problem with a lot of black people. Being educated by cacs is a contract stating you submit to society.

Real Talk

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dead: is this another "school is useless" post? Yes, you can be successful without school but on average people with degrees make more than people with 3 felonies, a GED and that dropped out of college. :snoop:

The insecurity is obvious. People without degrees always try to make it seem like it's not smart to go to school and that the way they did it is somehow "better".
Facts. I said it before a few times, but im about to make a power-move without a degree thats going to make me significant money.

Whats the first thing I am gonna do when I have the money to do so? Go back to college and get more certs. Unfortunately, the reality is if the gravy train stops down the line, my best
bet to make upward moves is to have the diploma in hand. It's easy for me to shyt on it when I don't have the means to get one, but you best believe my ass gonna be signing up for the
company tuition assistance when that guap first rolls in.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My lady has 2 master's degree and I have a GED.. I make damn near double what she makes.. My overtime pay alone was more than her regular salary. I don't even feel like I work, I just show up, watch movies on my phone while getting paid.

Breh I aint tripping there are a lot of non 4 year degree jobs that pay. I know kats right now who are airplane mechanics that make well into the 100k range.

It is a highly skilled trade job in which companies can't find enough folks who can do it.

Two dudes I went to college both quit school. One became a truck driver and the other became a under water welder. Both kats made so much money by 30 they just started their own businesses and quit their jobs.

Last year when I went back to my college home town my college buddy who is a truck driver (one I mentioned above) mentioned that by age 27 he had 2 trucks (one he would drive and one he hired a driver) and had paid off his home and his moms home. Now he owns a business with 5 trucks and doesn't do any of the driving just manages everything.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yes, continue to devalue education... thats exactly what we need, a dumber more uninformed public :ahh:
That you don't understand the purpose of college and education is not the end in itself, but you are supposed to be developing a marketable skill shows me that the public school and societal indoctrination has had its intended effect, you are lost and confused.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Bingo on everything you said. Plus a lot of those trade jobs can be done in more regions than some of those degree jobs.

And you right about them student loans too. People are silly they act like when the economy falls it just affects non degreed folks......like degreed folks jobs don't be going away too when the economy tanks. Like in 2008 US companies werent shipping jobs overseas (labor and white color) to reduce labor rates as the US economy tanked.

Plus folks aren't too bright they don't know how much shyt is made by labor and trade job workers.

People dont even know how much a damn tool maker makes (huge a mounts of money)...a tool maker is one of the most important folks in all of society. All the nice metal shyt we use for machines (that helps make shyt or is inside mechanical machines) is made by casting which requires.....yes you guessed it a tool maker.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also some of these labor / trade skill jobs actually have better benefits then white color jobs.

You might have a dude work for the city as a construction worker make 100k but also have the protection of a union and a pension.

While that person with the white collar job works in a office and not the enviornment. But doesn't have the protection of the union (and the perks that come with it such as set merit raises) and doesnt have a true pension. But has 401k.

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Harder work, longer hours, more bullshyt with no prospect of landing another equally paying job if shyt goes left.

Next. :camby:

You said exactly what i was gonna say. If you have to work 100 hours to make a decent amount of money, then something is wrong. Plus the wife's earning potential is much higher.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
You said exactly what i was gonna say. If you have to work 100 hours to make a decent amount of money, then something is wrong. Plus the wife's earning potential is much higher.

This is true

I mean think about it, lawyers at biglaw firms straight outta law school are making between 130-200k a year and they are working 80 sum hours a week at a desk.

I'd MUCH rather be doing that and pay off my debt in the years then do my own shyt in law.

I'm not against labor jobs but it's really not THE move