I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh and the old dude me and my business partners (who all have degrees) do business with got a high school diploma.... yet makes more in a year than me and my business partners combined.

The shyt all relative man.....:yeshrug:.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
What do y'all make of this?

I've noticed a trend of black men in relationships going on social media to say their wives multiple degrees earn less than them :lupe:

:lupe:
Its not hard to believe

You can do fine without college

Especially in construction or manual labor jobs if you put yourself in the right situations.

My dad makes more money on his sidejob lawncare business than he does selling lumber supplies... Only thing is the lawncare business is a seasonal thing and hard labor.. Not everyone wants to do it (including me)

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
I've long concluded that some dudes who don't go to college tend to be jealous of those who do go to college and look for any reason to discredit the person with the degree, or college itself.
I wanted to major in Poli. Sci. or Anthropology, but I wanted money and got burned out after my junior year..only thing I envy is being around people my own age; other than that I've made a ton of industry connections and have a job lined up after I finish the course in a year and I'm getting certs :banderas:

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
This a testimony and motivation to me.:wow:

edit:I had to go back and read the story.
I gotta stop smoking

Last edited:

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Not really, what sense does it make for a kid struggling in an underfunded public high school to not drop out, get his GED and go do an apprenticeship or trade school instead?

Would you rather him be subjected to useless tests for four years be told he has to do four more years of school after that with thousands of student loan debt?

Matter fact, what's stopping him from going to an online college after he's settled with his construction job?

Online college is still school :leostare:

And breh, most of those jobs will be gone in 10 years, if the only skill you have is moving X to Y you'll be screwed before long. As much as folks hate to admit it, college is still the easiest way to a nice career

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
To be more helpful he could've posted what he did. He trying to stunt on the low. So with that said :camby:
Fool probably works in the auto industry. No degree or even a diploma need for that. All you need is a plug on the inside. With the bonuses and OT I could clear 100k easily, but I ain't trying to kill myself working 60+ hours a week.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
The bulk of what public school teaches Black youth is bullshyt, we need more young people in trades
I would dap this if I could

A lot of black people drank the "college" koolaid, but most current billionaires who started with nothing before becoming rich either didn't go to college or didn't finish

Most colleges just teach you how to work for someone else. You can be your own boss with a trade skill

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
Online college is still school :leostare:

And breh, most of those jobs will be gone in 10 years, if the only skill you have is moving X to Y you'll be screwed before long. As much as folks hate to admit it, college is still the easiest way to a nice career

School someone isn't pressured into going to, I've never heard teachers, parents or guidance counselors big up self-paced learning

Didn't know brickmasonry and HVAC repair was going obsolete :damn: :rudy:

Even if they were, I have contacts who own construction firms all over the Caribbean and other certs in graphic design too :yawn:

horizon

Veteran
Daps
I would dap this if I could

A lot of black people drank the "college" koolaid, but most current billionaires who started with nothing before becoming rich either didn't go to college or didn't finish

Most colleges just teach you how to work for someone else. You can be your own boss with a trade skill
you think the earth is flat, you don't belong anywhere near discussions about education