I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Also that white color corporate america stress is real. Seen too many kats have heart attacks at the job.

shyt one brotha who is a VP I knew had 2 in one year and another brotha I knew who was a director had 2 in a two year period.
word!! my boss had a heart attack flying to VA to get his damn job

people think the boss is just chillin, smoozing, and shaking hands.. nah.. each and every little piece of bullshyt that goes on, he's gotta answer for.. and have a good answer for.. and answer it from 8 am to 8 pm to 8am.. and hop up and go talk to another boss.. and meet a deadline that he has no real power over, cause he relying on employees.. big companies he got millions and Billions of dollars on the line... and still got a family, kids, etc to still deal with

i remember him working 110 hours a week getting ready for a project deadline... flying back and forth from va to atl every single week.. in charge of a 50 million dollar govt project.. and dealing with getting shytted on daily by the govt, for shyt people 10 steps down was fukking up on.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Yeah I don't get it.

Anyone can understand a trucker worker 50 hours per week is gonna make more than someone that majored in Latin with a minor in finger painting.

But most people responsible for medicine, law, tech, upper management, engineering etc etc all have degrees.

There's nothing wrong with working a trade but discouraging people from going to college is stupid.
i think what people are getting at, is having SOME degree =/= having a GOOD degree.. also a lot of other factors will fukk it up

yea you can have a degree... in teaching.. and making 30k a year teaching elementary school.. and your man works on power lines and will always make more than you

yea you can have an engineering degree... fukk be top of your class... and don't know shyt about resumes, good interview tactics, or just settle working for verizon, making 50k a year.... and your man took some IT cert tests and starts off at 60k

why am i even doing what ifs.......

my BM got a degree from Marshall for criminal justice... she works for state gov making less than 40k.. i didn't do one hour of college.. nikka don't even have an IT cert... i'm a network engineer making over 60... all because i had a connect, a good resume, and i know how to interview well

of course it's not the norm... OF COURSE... but we all know at least 10 people who went to college, who are NOT out there making that big bank

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Nothing wrong with going the trade route. Nothing wrong with going the 4 year college route. Just know whichever route you choose that you chose a route that has a long term demand.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
i think what people are getting at, is having SOME degree =/= having a GOOD degree.. also a lot of other factors will fukk it up

yea you can have a degree... in teaching.. and making 30k a year teaching elementary school.. and your man works on power lines and will always make more than you

yea you can have an engineering degree... fukk be top of your class... and don't know shyt about resumes, good interview tactics, or just settle working for verizon, making 50k a year.... and your man took some IT cert tests and starts off at 60k

why am i even doing what ifs.......

my BM got a degree from Marshall for criminal justice... she works for state gov making less than 40k.. i didn't do one hour of college.. nikka don't even have an IT cert... i'm a network engineer making over 60... all because i had a connect, a good resume, and i know how to interview well

of course it's not the norm... OF COURSE... but we all know at least 10 people who went to college, who are NOT out there making that big bank

You're right but MOST people would still rather be a teacher than do the shyt people with labor jobs are doing and their hours.

Shang Tsung

All Star
Daps
:duck: or his wife must of not passed her FE. Plus no civil engineer will say they work a "civil engineering job". The field is so broad, is she in transportation, geotech, or a structual engineer? The fact he refers his wife's job as a "civil engineering job" and doesn't specify what kind of civil engineer she is tells me he's lying

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I make more than my college educated mother... :ld: but she makes more money in the long run regardless... it's nothing to be proud of...

I want to make enough money to retire...:youngsabo: That is a goal to be proud of...

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Some dudes want to kill themselves for some bucks go ahead :manny:
I'll make 50k a year a browse the coli all day, and I'm good :ehh:

like i said earlier, my friend use to climb those cell phone towers and brag about his $$$

look at this shyt:

what's crazy is the falling is not the problem, but those thick metal wires snapping and killing them

anybody claiming that they love to do shyt like this, or work these types of crazy ass jobs is lying

just ask them would they tell their KIDS to do this instead of going to college? :sas1:

better yet, how many dudes out here with degrees and corporate jobs are telling their kids "don't be like me, climb those towers! get that money!" :mjlol:

exactly. these cats do these jobs because they have to..they've got no choice. :coffee:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
like i said earlier, my friend use to climb those cell phone towers and brag about his $$$

look at this shyt:

what's crazy is the falling is not the problem, but those thick metal wires snapping and killing them

anybody claiming that they love to do shyt like this, or work these types of crazy ass jobs is lying

just ask them would they tell their KIDS to do this instead of going to college? :sas1:

better yet, how many dudes out here with degrees and corporate jobs are telling their kids "don't be like me, climb those towers! get that money!" :mjlol:

exactly. these cats do these jobs because they have to..they've got no choice. :coffee:

A lot of people do tell their kids that breh. I've worked all types of jobs. Climbing 90ft radar towers, climbing 30 ft telephone poles, call center, and now IT.

There are people who just LOVE hard labor aka mans work. Those same people HATE the thought of being behind a desk all day. fukking hate it. Be in the office 2 minutes and be like "come on let's get back on site, I can't sit in a damn office all day". Hate the suit, hate the hours, hate the redundancy, hate being inside.

Worst is military and mountain men. You get free college in the military. FREE. Not the GI bill. I mean you get that too. You also get to attend all classes of your branch completely free. Get a damn ph d for free if you want it.

But nope. Them dudes loved that mechanics shyt. Loved that grunt work. Loved shooting shyt. Loved going on exercises. Loved getting their number called to do a tour. Hurt locker ass nikkas. And what their kids ALL doing. ROTC, military, no officers, all grunts. Just like daddy

When I was working fiber lines, I was in wv. nikkas was bringing their kids TO work, getting them jobs, and having them do the same shyt. Kids in high school who should be getting all ready for college. Nope. "Man I don't wanna be cramped up in an office all day. I can be outside. No boss up my ass. Work with my hands. Smell the air. This is freedom"

Not all parents are pushing that narrative. Maybe they should be. But they definitely are not.