I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Some dudes want to kill themselves for some bucks go ahead :manny:
I'll make 50k a year a browse the coli all day, and I'm good :ehh:

:mjlol: you can make more than that po hustling breh, legit too I might add. That's 150 a day patna, that's not a lot of money. And I'm saying that not downing you cuz to be honest I'm in the small ball park as you. I just approach the game different. Ain't no M-F 9-5 shyt, money is made 24/7 7 days a week and fukk having a boss and fukk messing up my body for a check. It's all about working smarter and cutting down on stress with me breh.

But where y'all nikkas get this idea that the only way to go the non traditional route is to do some back breaking manual labor shyt is hilarious. I've actually tried my hand at that shyt and sucked gloriously at it. Took me a year to fix up my first house :mjlol: You won't catch me swinging a hammer anytime soon patna.

But I'm reading these responses in here literally laughing my ass off. Some dudes are workers and some dudes are hustlers. You can be on some African shyt and string 3-4 things together easily and not break a sweat to hit 50 bands a year. Breh please don't be naive and think you can't be in the 40-70 range doing your own thing if you grind at it. You don't need some grandiose idea or brick and mortar store front to make that. Unless you talking 100K and up I don't wanna hear that bullshyt.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
A lot of people do tell their kids that breh. I've worked all types of jobs. Climbing 90ft radar towers, climbing 30 ft telephone poles, call center, and now IT.

There are people who just LOVE hard labor aka mans work. Those same people HATE the thought of being behind a desk all day. fukking hate it. Be in the office 2 minutes and be like "come on let's get back on site, I can't sit in a damn office all day". Hate the suit, hate the hours, hate the redundancy, hate being inside.

Worst is military and mountain men. You get free college in the military. FREE. Not the GI bill. I mean you get that too. You also get to attend all classes of your branch completely free. Get a damn ph d for free if you want it.

But nope. Them dudes loved that mechanics shyt. Loved that grunt work. Loved shooting shyt. Loved going on exercises. Loved getting their number called to do a tour. Hurt locker ass nikkas. And what their kids ALL doing. ROTC, military, no officers, all grunts. Just like daddy

When I was working fiber lines, I was in wv. nikkas was bringing their kids TO work, getting them jobs, and having them do the same shyt. Kids in high school who should be getting all ready for college. Nope. "Man I don't wanna be cramped up in an office all day. I can be outside. No boss up my ass. Work with my hands. Smell the air. This is freedom"

Not all parents are pushing that narrative. Maybe they should be. But they definitely are not.

My father worked one of these jobs, and though we lived in the inner city we had a nice house, and the bills stayed paid up. Never really struggled at all.

But he told me and my brothers to take our asses to college pretty much every chance he could.

He never shyt on manual labor cats because he was one, but he wasn't stupid either - that's why I can't believe that people are out here are pushing their kids to work around nuclear materials or strap themselves to bridges and hang upside down for a living

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:mjlol: you can make more than that po hustling breh, legit too I might add. That's 150 a day patna, that's not a lot of money.

What if this dude is 25 and lives in Greenville SC. That's balling.

A lot of you dudes live in these cities where 40-50k a year won't even get you a cardboard box behind the YMCA. So kill that "that's not real money!" talk. Money stretches a lot longer in different cities :comeon:

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
First off, congrats to those men who are out here making money and telling their wives to step their game up :salute:

Discussions like these only help to show how some people are more concerned with education than compensation. And then complain when the education doesn't necessarily lead to compensation.

College degrees are kinda worthless at this point since everyone can get them :ld:

This is why I always chuckle inside when people brag about being "educated" because more times than not, that's the only thing they can take solace in. Since they're not making the money and/or living the life they want to live. But they can, internally, hang their hat on the fact that they have a Master's or PhD and that makes them "smart." No, it just makes you a slave for even thinking to brag about that.

My fiance has a Master's Degree and is a couple years older than me, so she's been in the workforce a few more years. But I make more than her, and I only have a Bachelor's Degree. And by make more, I'm not talking a few hundred or few thousand. I'm talking close to $20K more with base and bonus considered.

Most people just line up for college, take whatever they think sounds good, get the first job they can get and don't even have the mind to negotiate. Which leads to dudes like the OP who can have less and end up with more.

Being educated does not make you smart nor does it make you more valuable in the real world :yeshrug:

College educated workers are a dime a dozen these days :russell:

Peace

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you know what...why speculate? let's just look at the shyt (i JUST googled this knew nothing of these careers 5 minutes ago):

the 30 highest paying jobs that don't require a bachelors degree let's just look at the top THREE that require 0 degree:

http://www.businessinsider.com/high-paying-jobs-that-dont-require-a-bachelors-degree-2016-9

1) Nuclear-power-reactor operators (somebody already mentioned this type of job earlier)
They operate or control nuclear reactors, move control rods, start and stop equipment, monitor and adjust controls, record data in logs, and implement emergency procedures when needed.
Median annual wage (2015): $88,560
Education required:
High-school diploma or equivalent

2) Transportation, storage, and distribution managers

They coordinate transportation, storage, or distribution activities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable government laws or regulations.
Median annual wage (2015): $86,630
Education required:

3) First-line supervisors of police and detectives

They directly supervise and coordinate activities of members of a police force.
Median annual wage (2015): $82,090
Education required:

^^^^^ wow. look at this. according to business insider, there are NO jobs that even exist that pay 90K that don't require a degree

let me guess...they're lying or don't know wtf they're talking about because this is a "CAC" publication :mjlol:

like i said before...:duck: all up and down this thread. carry on gentlemen

:ehh:

I know some plumbers, mechanics, bartenders that are knocking on 80k in Bham..... I'd imagine it would be over 90 in the ATL

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
What if this dude is 25 and lives in Greenville SC. That's balling.

A lot of you dudes live in these cities where 40-50k a year won't even get you a cardboard box behind the YMCA. So kill that "that's not real money!" talk. Money stretches a lot longer in different cities :comeon:

Breh I split time between ATL and the NW Indiana burbs of Chicago. 60K a year with no kids and being frugal on top of it ain't too shabby in either area patna. I'm totally cool with not living in DC or NY or some other super expensive city. I know my lane and I'm more than fine with it. And that 60K is right now. While it's way easier for me to crap out and fall off than someone on the 9-5, it's also easier for me to make more than 60 this time next year than that same person too. All of us got different paths in life, ain't nothing wrong with that breh.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Most current billionaires had extraordinary circumstances in the first place and if you're basing your choice not to go to
college on the couple hundred billionaires in this country vs. the hundreds of thousands of people finding work through a
college degree then you're looking at college and school totally wrong.

I don't put too much of my business on here but some brehs know I was a computer science
major, I now work at one of the largest aerospace companies on the planet.
:yeshrug:
You don't get jobs like that simply going to a trade school, I had to work my ass off on a college campus.
The majority of degrees awarded today are psychology degrees

The majority of people with psychology degrees are in debt and can't find jobs

There's nothing wrong with your goal being to work for someone else

There's also nothing wrong with someone else's goal to work for themselves. Most colleges don't teach a person how to work for themselves

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
There are nearly 2000 billionaires in the world today. The vast, vast majority fall under the criterion I gave earlier. Finding exceptions to the rule, does not break the rule. Maybe you should have taken that college stats class, huh?
I'm not sure what you mean by this post

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Not everyone wants to be an entrepreneur.
Some people want to be doctors, lawyers, investment bankers, hedge fund managers, software developers, researchers, physicists, mathematicians, nurses, etc.
Plenty of people are satisfied with their careers after attending college.
I know far more people struggling and unhappy because education was always out-of-reach, than people with strong educations struggling and unhappy.
And none of these fields have billionaire potential, so again, what did you mean by your other post directed at me?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
He did go to college :gucci: even though it was a course in 1861 :gucci:
The standards to jump into worldwide industries headfirst have changed over the last two centuries, bringing up the billionaires of the 1800s in relation to college education is disingenuous :martin:
This post was disingenuous

He went to a trade school for 2 months, then made his billions in a field that had absolutely nothing to do with what he studied at said trade school

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:gucci:

so your logic is skip college become an entrepreneur and eventually become a billionaire ?

You do realize that people with degrees can start businesses and become wealthy right ?

Oprah went to Tennessee

Bob Johnson and Michelle Obama went to Princeton

Barak went to Harvard.

:sas2:
My logic is that most black people that go to college end up in debt for life

So developing a skill at a trade school starts you off ahead of most black people, since you aren't indebted to the system with a degree that most likely won't earn back what you spent to obtain it

I'm not sure why y'all take offense to this, it's literally common sense

Obama went to college as protocol for the path he was already on

Oprah didn't finish college until after she was already successful

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
There are far less rich people without degrees then those with degrees.

The numbers aren't even in his favor to be saying that
And there are far more broke people/people in debt with degrees than there are rich people with degrees

So I don't understand what your point is