I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
And there are more people living comfortably with degrees then without.

So what's your point
This is actually incorrect

Smh if the majority of people going to college today graduate with debt, how can there be more people living comfortably with degrees than without??

FSP

Banned
Daps
My logic is that most black people that go to college end up in debt for life

So developing a skill at a trade school starts you off ahead of most black people, since you aren't indebted to the system with a degree that most likely won't earn back what you spent to obtain it

I'm not sure why y'all take offense to this, it's literally common sense

Obama went to college as protocol for the path he was already on

Oprah didn't finish college until after she was already successful
It's not common sense, because you're using people with uncommon sense as an example. Oprah and Obama are brilliant AND very motivated people. Obama was the president of Harvard Law. Can't expect that from the average person.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
It's not common sense, because you're using people with uncommon sense as an example. Oprah and Obama are brilliant AND very motivated people. Can't expect that from the average person
Meaning they didn't need college in the first place

The average person ALSO doesn't need college in the first place because they will just end up in debt for life workings jobs they are overqualified for, which is happening right NOW

Outside of that, each individual's potential will determine how successful they will be, only they won't have to start out their adult life in debt to the government

Which is, like I said, common sense

FSP

Banned
Daps
Meaning they didn't need college in the first place

The average person ALSO doesn't need college in the first place because they will just end up in debt for life workings jobs they are overqualified for, which is happening right NOW

Outside of that, each individual's potential will determine how successful they will be, only they won't have to start out their adult life in debt to the government

Which is, like I said, common sense
Bro. I'm sorry. You have good intentions but none of this is remotely accurate. And this is coming from a guy without a college degree who works at a college doing STEM. I see everything when it comes to favorites in the job market. Get that degree unless you're super dedicated at a young age. I'm talking like 13 young

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Bro. I'm sorry. You have good intentions but none of this is remotely accurate. And this is coming from a guy without a college degree who works at a college doing STEM. I see everything when it comes to favorites in the job market. Get that degree unless you're super dedicated at a young age. I'm talking like 13 young
Nah you're just indoctrinated

It's a FACT that most people that go to college leave in debt, regardless of if they graduate or not

It's a FACT that psychology degrees are over-awarded and most people that get them end up working in another field that won't pay off the debt that they are in

I majored in Computer Engineering and minored in Physics at Ga Tech

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My logic is that most black people that go to college end up in debt for life

So developing a skill at a trade school starts you off ahead of most black people, since you aren't indebted to the system with a degree that most likely won't earn back what you spent to obtain it

I'm not sure why y'all take offense to this, it's literally common sense

Obama went to college as protocol for the path he was already on

Oprah didn't finish college until after she was already successful

On the real homie the real hustle is to get both. A old kat told me this years ago in school. He said you kids in college getting degrees need to also go get a trade to fall back on. Cause when layoff time comes you need to have something to fall back on.

Dr. Claude Anderson also said something similar.

About 10 years ago I ran into this brotha that was a barber on the side. Dude was an engineer during the week. But used his trade in barber school to work the weekends and use the extra money to pay off his student loan he had for going to school to be an engineer.

Last edited:

FSP

Banned
Daps
Nah you're just indoctrinated

It's a FACT that most people that go to college leave in debt, regardless of if they graduate or not

It's a FACT that psychology degrees are over-awarded and most people that get them end up working in another field that won't pay off the debt that they are in

I majored in Computer Engineering and minored in Physics at Ga Tech
I'm the least indoctrinated person ever.

But the opportunity lies in people who can prove they can FINISH

That's all a college degree has over someone without

Now if you can PROVE yourself without that, then yes you don't need it

But that's fukkING HARD, and most people would not know how to go about proving themselves without a 3rd party verifying that

That's what I'm saying. Everyone's in college debt.

FSP

Banned
Daps
On the real homie the real hustle is to get both. A old kat told me this years ago in school. He said you kids in college getting degrees need to also go get a trade to fall back on. Cause when layoff time comes you need to have something to fall back on.

Dr. Claude Anderson also said something similar.
That's true and doing both is 2x the amount of time. Most people don't have that kind of foresight or dedication. Bro is basically just saying do as much as you can. Which is common sense

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those are saturated degrees.

If you do either of those you need at least a masters. For business it's an MBA and in psychology it's a phd. I discussed this in another thread

Trust breh I already know this. Been through college, mentor college kids and got nieces and nephews in college.

So this college thang ain't nothing new to me.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Trust breh I already know this. Been through college , mentor college kids and got nieces and nephews in college.

So this college thang ain't nothing new to me.
True. :ehh: I wasn't speaking to you as a subordinate I'm just saying...people need to do their homework is all. It saves a lot of debt and energy, and makes college more worthwhile :ehh:

When college is worthwhile everybody wins. But they still have to sell. And alot of salesmanship is selling false hope, in any institution