I'm a 3x Felon w/ a GED & No Degree but I Make More Than My College Masters Educated Wife

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Talking about student debt is a reality of going to college, if you want to engage in a logical debate you need to be able to logical reply and deal with the reality of a situation. Someone mentioning something you don't like isn't "popping" off.

I was just making a joke about how defensive a lot of the pro-college people in this thread are being. He proved my point :mjlol:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
:mjlol:

tumblr_mceiw34Eq81rxjl6ko1_500.gif

1) first of all, many black people get their degrees from HBCU's, no "CAC's" involved at all..you clearly feel some type of way about black people with college degrees :childplease:

2) a majority of people with college degrees seeking employment do so because they're looking for work right after college, many college graduates get their jobs through temp agencies too
the point is that they have options, they aren't stuck in one place forever.

3) student loans are a part of life for every college student, this doesn't mean anything negative - every doctor or dentist you ever went to had student loans, what, they're dumbasses now? :dahell:

I doubt you even work in the field you claim you do, you may work in a building where people do what you're talking about - but I'm not buying it.
you work for an employment agency but you hate people with college degrees...that don't add up. :coffee:

Who said anything about hating them? Lol, I don't feel one way or the other. If I wanted one, mine would be free as I'm a Veteran.

And no, the majority did not attend hbcus.

The hell student loans don't mean anything negative! That's debt son, and what advantage do you really have if 300 to 500 per month is due? For X amount of years. One of my coworkers has a Master's from Howard, she makes the same amount as me. Only she has student loans to pay...and to show the length of her debt...a son who she's helping through college. She's in her 50s still paying!

There's a gatekeeper for many blacks even with degrees. Unless you can portray the image of an extra safe negroe those cacs not bringing you on their job.

Please show me job advertisements for entry level graduates. And I mean true entry level, not the ones advertised as entry level, but somehow require 2 years experience.

College grads are hurting out here!

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can make more money mixing dangerous chemicals, working backbreaking construction jobs and manual labor in the high heat.

That doesn't mean it's what you want to be doing.

The whole point of college is to set you up with a career that doesn't work you to death, mostly through networking with people already in your career field.
College sets you up for a career? nikka people with degrees hate their fukking jobs just as much as the people with no degree... People always say "if I knew what I know now, I would have never went to college. college sets you up to work for someone else...

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I think the people who have degrees and complain make the game look bad.
Just because they got a lil debt...

NO WAY IN HELL They WANT THE LIFE OF JUANITA ,Jose, or Tyrone WITH NO DEGREE.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
gtfoh

a few exceptions here and there doesn't mean that shyt is common place. Be real :stopitslime:
You need to be real. LOL.
Lawyers don't always marry lawyers, doctors don't always marry doctors.
When you get into some locals it isn't odd at all to see blue collar professionals married to white collar professionals.
I see that with whites as well as blacks in the south.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You need to be real. LOL.
Lawyers don't always marry lawyers, doctors don't always marry doctors.
When you get into some locals it isn't odd at all to see blue collar professionals married to white collar professionals.
I see that with whites as well as blacks in the south.
A neighbor of mine worked for the city and she was married to a nikka that worked at Bojangles but thats the farthest I've seen. :hubie:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
I don't think pushing not attending college is the smartest thing to do. Of course some folks who don't get a degree will be okay but folks with degrees do tend to earn more over their entire lives. Also, some people in this thread are forgetting that there are great ways to minimize student loan debt or even get a full ride through school

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
A neighbor of mine worked for the city and she was married to a nikka that worked at Bojangles but thats the farthest I've seen. :hubie:
I don't know what worked for the city implies, that could be white or blue collar.
I know a colonel in the air force, a woman, who was married to the manager of gas station.
I know personally an electrician whose wife is a doctor.
I have a friend who works at Waffle House, KFC, and cuts grass on the side whose wife is a branch manager at regions bank.
So to me this isn't a big deal or a sign that he is lying.

Bigtymer301

Mr. Roll-Up
Daps
Reppin
What do y'all make of this?

I've noticed a trend of black men in relationships going on social media to say their wives multiple degrees earn less than them :lupe:

:lupe:

:snoop:The first post is dumb, and clearly from somebody who doesn't have a degree. She ain't even say what her mom does. What if her mom was a secretary?:what: The second post says "I bring home more than she does not hourly mostly through bonuses and overtime". So buddy telling you he gotta work longer hours than her to get overtime, and bonuses aren't guaranteed. Is it really something to brag about that you gotta put in 20 hour days to make more money than your educated counterpart that only has to work 8.:comeon: Would they be making more money if their counterpart worked the same number of hours as them?:jbhmm: You can do just fine in this world without a degree, but let's not act like it's the norm that people with multiple advanced degrees are making less than people with no degree at all. :beli:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't think pushing not attending college is the smartest thing to do. Of course some folks who don't get a degree will be okay but folks with degrees do tend to earn more over their entire lives. Also, some people in this thread are forgetting that there are great ways to minimize student loan debt or even get a full ride through school
I don't think anyone is pushing people not to go to college.
What people are saying is this notion that going to college is the ONLY way to make it or the BEST way to make it is a lie and people need to open their eyes regarding trades and other avenues than just blindly following the mantra that going to college is going to have you set. It isn't and the majority of people won't be able to go to school with out incurring debt, so acting like getting a free ride is just around the corner isn't realistic either.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
:snoop:The first post is dumb, and clearly from somebody who doesn't have a degree. She ain't even say what her mom does. What if her mom was a secretary?:what: The second post says "I bring home more than she does not hourly mostly through bonuses and overtime". So buddy telling you he gotta work longer hours than her to get overtime, and bonuses aren't guaranteed. Is it really something to brag about that you gotta put in 20 hour days to make more money than your educated counterpart that only has to work 8.:comeon: Would they be making more money if their counterpart worked the same number of hours as them?:jbhmm: You can do just fine in this world without a degree, but let's not act like it's the norm that people with multiple advanced degrees are making less than people with no degree at all. :beli:
Pretty much sums it up. No one is saying people with degrees are better than people without them but lets be honest about the average financial situation