I'll say it first here as a full discussion: Brie Larson is fukking abhorrent an actress

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
its not her fault they cant/wont write roles for strong independent women. I saw room when it came out, i cant remember if she deserved that oscar or not. After that i only saw her in the avengers movies, and she was terrible. And now ppl are saying she made Jason Momoa look llike Marlon Brando in that Fast x movie. Maybe these action movies are not for her and maybe she can be a good actress in the right role

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Brie Larson basically lucked out with her Best Actress; very overrated and basically her best movie was Scott Pilgrim, in which she only had a few minutes and wasn't the Lead.
You know what...

Yeah... you're pretty much right

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brie Larson has only been good in Scott Pilgrim. Other than that I agree that she sucks. Tbh my reason for saying she sucks is a little more shallow tho. She just looks like nothing so it's makes me not want to see her in movies.

Katheryn Winnick should have been Captain Marvel and I'll always stand on that.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Brie Larson has only been good in Scott Pilgrim. Other than that I agree that she sucks. Tbh my reason for saying she sucks is a little more shallow tho. She just looks like nothing so it's makes me not want to see her in movies.

Katheryn Winnick should have been Captain Marvel and I'll always stand on that.

I'm sorry but you can't come and clown Brie Larson acting and big upping Katheryn Winnick at the same time. That's just mean :russ:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
She does the dry, unimpressed, bored, skeptical female character routine down to a t. I think she's alright, but I've never really enjoyed her characters. I think she likes playing those types of roles as they compliment her brand or whatever

Also her quote about journalism, it's lack of representation and that it leads to certain films getting favored, is spot on.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
She does the dry, unimpressed, bored, skeptical female character routine down to a t. I think she's alright, but I've never really enjoyed her characters. I think she likes playing those types of roles as they compliment her brand or whatever

Also her quote about journalism, it's lack of representation and that it leads to certain films getting favored, is spot on.
The fact that i am never impressed with acting that chatacter type, does not help. Not unlike zendaya in most of the spiderman movie scenes she’s in. Its the “bully jock character” or “tough cop” role…they don’t impress me because theyre easy asf tbh, and she mails it in, making it even worse

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry but you can't come and clown Brie Larson acting and big upping Katheryn Winnick at the same time. That's just mean :russ:
Katheryn >>>> Brie. Katheryn at least has an attractive face while Brie looks like cardboard.

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Room is a legitimately great performance in a pretty good picture. She elevated the material past where it was as a novel and pushed it to be Oscar worthy. With that said her material post-2015 has often been like other actors in general who achieve the highest of the high performance award wise early on in their careers as being pretty tepid and feeling very "coasty" because they can. It really depends on the actor and their representation if they 1. Want to continue exploring the art form for the sake of the art so they'll keep going after those sorts of projects despite hitting the top already (Cate Blanchette comes to mind in that regard) 2. Or do you want to just enjoy the fact that you hit the top and can have your pick of the litter of any project because your name in history will forever be "Oscar Winner .... Starring in ...." which adds credibility to anything you do going forward and gives you the juice to get what you want project wise for years to come. She chose option 2. It's a viable path. You can enjoy life and a healthy career going forward and not worry about too much anymore.

Do I think she still has the beans to do the bigger work? Absolutely. Is it her prerogative to do that work still? Nah. Not every actor is after the same thing.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Thanos duffing her out in one punch made sitting through her entire MCU run worth it…

81a.gif

blessed-smiling.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
She basically made some girl power women empowerment quotes when first starting capt marvel, the online incels took that shyt to heart, and the hate has never ended since
Yeah. There wasn’t a peep about her until then. Now there is a steady campaign hating on her. She isn’t high enough on my scale of importance for me to even be thinking about her like that, but that’s just me :yeshrug: