I'll say it first here as a full discussion: Brie Larson is fukking abhorrent an actress

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Her physical acting range is slightly furrowing her brow, and opening her eyes.

It was sexist to say she was horrible in Endgame :dahell:EDIT: Read and of course no one comes in here to defend her with examples of her being actor, just "bu bu bu the incels."

She legit came in and frowned and seemed so out of place. Only to come at the end cracking jokes and mean mugging Thanos like, Miss, who are you?

That's more bad directing and forcing Cap. Marvel in the MCU/Infinity War mythos, but, she's memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
She was HORRIFIC in Fast X :scust:

She’s the new age Julia Roberts as in the it actress FORCED on your screen but Julia can at least act.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
tvZ5q4t4Ej9R7eWP.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
thats a core problem btw...because of weirdo's discourse over her, she is now immune to criticism online. I'm only talking about her acting, but you're doing the 'what about so and so'. Well, what about them? I made this because she was exceptionally bad in a movie full of bad actors.

Nobody is immune from criticism as long as its valid. This is. If you think she's a phenomenal actress with great range, you're welcome to disagree.

It's straight out of the MCU stan playbook.

"They didn't like Captain Marvel cause Brie said a bad thing"

They didn't like Doctor Strange because a woman was an antagonist"

shyt's played out :mjlol:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
She won an Oscar for Room. I never saw it so cannot tell you how she did but I have seen her be good in Kong Skull Island, Digging for Fire and The Gambler.
I haven't seen a "Fast . . . " movie since the 1st one but uh her fate was spilled in this thread for the latest. lol
The Room is actually really good and she was actually dope :ehh:

Maybe shes just not that good a fit in action films?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
i have only seen room and she was good in it. hard to imagine she fell off that much after that, but then again, some actors simply do not take genre movies seriously enough to do justice by them. she may need to go back to drama.
Yea, this movie is something. :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I saw all the hate before I got a chance to really watch her work. Now, it just seems like the hate always follows whenever she’s mentioned.

I guess there are some people that might not like her work for legitimate reasons but it does seem like she’s attracted a group of haters. It’s a pity because it makes it harder to get a good impression. Maybe I’ll try to watch something of hers from early in her career.