I'll say it first here as a full discussion: Brie Larson is fukking abhorrent an actress

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
She isn't very charismatic as Captain Marvel, but she was really good in The Room and Short Term 12.

What made you feel like you were going to get a great performance out of Fast X though? Does any one in those movies actually try to bring it?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
You take a performance from a blockbuster action movie……as a view on her real acting?

Lmao.

Not Short Term 12, not Just Mercy, not The Room, not The Glass Castle, not The Gambler….but the 10th entry to a action franchise…

:dead:
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to stand out as a bad actor in a fast and furious movie? How terrible you have to be to be less engaging than gal Gadot or falcon in a super hero movie?

She's milquetoast at best

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
She isn't very charismatic as Captain Marvel, but she was really good in The Room and Short Term 12.

What made you feel like you were going to get a great performance out of Fast X though? Does any one in those movies actually try to bring it?
I don't allow that excuse breh....nobody told Christian bale or Jonathan majors or tenoch huera, or Angela Bassett they were in a green screen ass bullshyt action movie. She just fails at every chance outside of those same 3 movies y'all list.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also forgot 21 Jump Street. I liked her in that.
Being the MCU stan I am I will say I championed even predicted her casting prior to it happening based off an Oscar and the shyt I had seen her in to date. But in hindsight she is kinda bland/corny. I thought that her movie was cool because of some of the early science fiction type scenes with the Kree in the beginning and Fury origin story but she did not stand out nor did she mess it up. She's just meh in the role and really is always on some, "gotta go right after I do this" shyt so far in the MCU, so they haven't really fleshed Captain Marvel out for me to feel anything for her. I see how she got off on the wrong foot with some people wwhen she got the role with some of her quotes even I didn't like how she was disgusted a security guard had the nerve to push up or something like that. But whatever she's just some decent actress she has done stuff I loked so not wack but nothing special either.
Her 21 jump street character fit her perfectly because she was a hipster who didn’t have to do anything overly dramatic. She was basically just playing herself but anything she’s in with any type of emotion in it she kinda dull.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I honestly hate her personally---I can't explain why!
This cardboard cutout of Captain Marvel has more personality than Brie Larson.

d777701beb94becee07bbb8420c28f5e.jpg

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, she was pretty bad in Fast X sounded like she was rushing her lines. Her introduction scene and the scene in the bar sheesh. I would have had to take her aside and have her run those line readings back. Her delivery was appalling.

Every time she was on the screen in that movie you could feel the gulf between her and whoever she was sharing the screen with.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps

Yep everyone else did.

It's not Hamlet but everyone else new to the cast nailed their roles. Contrast Brie Larson with someone else in the movie who had about as much screen time, Daniela Melchior.

It was night and day.

She has actually been good as Captain Marvel in Endgame, it seemed the Russos had the secret sauce that made certain characters pop in their movies.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Her acting is like carrot cake.

Bland, unnecessary and non-conducive to any event......like who even eats that shıt dawg. 🤮