I'll say it first here as a full discussion: Brie Larson is fukking abhorrent an actress

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She basically made some girl power women empowerment quotes when first starting capt marvel, the online incels took that shyt to heart, and the hate has never ended since

This what she said:
She disclosed how, “of the 100 highest-grossing movies in 2017, less than a quarter of the critics were white women, less than ten percent were underrepresented men, and only 2.5 percent were women of color.”

Recognizing that “reviews change lives” and the impact which films are considered for awards season, Larson called for more inclusive representation in the industry. “Am I saying I hate white dudes?” the Oscar-winner asked the room at the Beverly Hilton. “No, I’m not,” she replied.

“I don’t want to hear what a white man has to say about ‘A Wrinkle in Time.’ I want to hear what a woman of color, a biracial woman has to say about the film. I want to hear what teenagers think about the film.”

“If you make a movie that is a love letter to women of color, there is a chance that a woman of color does not have access to review and critique your film,” she said, while revealing plans to roll out an opt-in program that will provide studios with access to underrepresented journalists and critics. “Do not say the talent is not there, because it is.”

The actress also announced that the Sundance Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival have pledged that 20 percent of their press credentials to minorities to better reflect America.

She concluded her speech urging publicists to revisit their press line and junket invites to “please make sure that these invites and credentials find their way to more underrepresented journalists and critics, many of whom are freelancers.”

This is what pretty much sealed it and made her the biggest villain of the internet culture wars.

I don't understand why Black male nerds would have a grudge with her, she never said anything about us. But of course, I guess some of us feel like they have to take up for and fight White male battles.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This what she said:

This is what pretty much sealed it and made her the biggest villain of the internet culture wars.

I don't understand why Black male nerds would have a grudge with her, she never said anything about us. But of course, I guess some of us feel like they have to take up for and fight White male battles.
Yeah, my opinion of her has absolutely nothing to do with that.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
i have only seen room and she was good in it. hard to imagine she fell off that much after that, but then again, some actors simply do not take genre movies seriously enough to do justice by them. she may need to go back to drama.

I saw room as well and she's great in it but in retrospect her acting is kind of dull but "focused" so I think that's her lane. And even in the King Kong movie she plays a dull, intense, and insufferable cacette perfectly. :mjlol:

So when she's required to show personality and range in a Marvel film or even a goofball Fast and Furious movie she can't do it.

Which also means that she was seriously miscast for Captain Marvel and that they should have gotten one of the other actresses that was up for it.

She was motherfukking abominable in Fast X. She is the worst actress in the entire MCU to me. She has no range, she isn't clever, she delivers lines with no real connected heart or emotion. Her physical acting range is slightly furrowing her brow, and opening her eyes.

What is she actually a good performer in? How are you clearly the worst actor in a movie with John Cena and vin diesel?

Brie Larson makes Gal Gadot look like Angela Bassett.

:mjlol:

Last edited:

Panthro11

All Star
Daps
07e3245fdbc129d24a22a83d707337a7c386a4c0.jpg

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
My quote pertained to the topic and I just happened to see her feet before when she was on a Marvel Premiere.

Crying about my comment is weird asf
What the fukk does her feet have to do about my topic :dahell:

But, if you just happened to see them and were just dunking on her acting, alright. I just get weirded out by feet people forcing into conversations that have nothing to do with feet

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
bu, bu, bu, bu she got an oscar

tumblr_o3brq5IUg31soqdfuo2_500.gif

Captain Marvel was the first MARVEL movie I struggled to get through. Thank the movie gods for Fury and Colsen.

A huge part of her sucess seems to come from the woke climate. There's a lot of things that seemed to get overlooked because she's supposed to represent female enpowerment.

I say...

Strip her of her Oscar.

Feed her to Harvey Weinstein.

:demonic:

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
She was so cute in that Just Mercy movie with her lil accent. However, since she got the Oscar she's been on J. LAW mode. It is what it is. Thats why getting an Oscar aint all its cracked up to be especially if you get it too early. DiCaprio had to wait on it and he's still putting out career best performances.

Daps
I just know looking at the way she ran in some of the action scenes in Captain Marvel had me in the theater looking at her the whole time like :what:

Thanos came through and crushed the buildings in Infinity War, The fate of The Avengers and that of the known MCU universe hangs in the balance, and SHE'S the last hope and savior everyone is banking on?

:heh: