Ignorant Early 2000s appreciation thread

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:what: I thought early was defined as anything before the MIDDLE of the year, ie, 2000, 2001,2002, 2003, 2004....anywho...

Is that Dawn Stalley in your avi..She was the sh1t, and from Philly..I went to one of her basketball clinic back in the day...pos rep

early '00s = '00-02
middle '00s = '03-06
late '00s= '07-09

give or take a year for each. like you can sneak '03 in the early '00s and so forth. but i'd consider that to be mid-00s, especially seeing how thats when the whole mixtape crew era of the mid '00s really popped off.

yep. thats dawn staley.:yes: coincidentally, she just got accepted into the basketball hall of fame yesterday. the voters prolly saw my avi. im from philly too. yep.:king:

CLASSIC.

FREE MAC & C-MURDER!!!!!
R.I.P. MAGIC!!!!!

this was one of the last bangin albums to come out of the old no limit camp too. and it introduced terror......i mean pusha t to the world.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
LOL @ this thread. These posters were something else back then.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
wow i remember feeling real hood with my long tee and new timbs

6zy6vn.jpg

YOU WERE A fukkBOY THEN AND YOU'RE A fukkBOY NOW HOE nikka :mjlol::pacspit:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
The neo-soul movement of the early 2000s :ohlawd:

When Banner blessed us with "Like a Pimp" :wow:

Velour Suits with a pair of phat farms :obama:

Pimp My Ride, Room Raiders, 106 & Park, Rap City, College Hill :blessed:

Black Sitcoms at its prime :smugdraper:

I was a mere child at the time, but shyt that I remember was amazing :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Ten years ago, you could find me rocking an XXL white tee with a Yankees Fitted on, some baggy dark blue jeans, and a pair of Dunk SBs on.

Like I had corn rows and shyt and wore doo rags.

Now I wear m-l white tees, with slim/straight leg dark blue jeans and a pair of vans or nikes. And snapbacks (no more fitteds).

The early 00s were kind of exciting in retrospect.

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Great times. I was in my late teens early 20s those years. The make or break years where you can do some older type shyt but society still sees you as a kid. Back when your tee had to come past your elbows. Back when you had to cuff your jeans or they would drag and rip all on the ground. Big ass velour suits. These were the years I really ran the streets and was in the club at least two times a week. I swear these years were the main reason a lot of spots adopted dress codes cuz nikkas would be in the club with big ass throwback jersey with matching fitteds and doo rags. Always had a big ass white tee underneath whatever shirt you had on that came down past that shirt lol. Everything had to match and be baggy. nikkas even wore fitteds too big that came down over our ears

:wow:

Last edited:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The early 2000s was not as dope as now. You nikkas crazy. It was baggy clothes slow internet version of now. Minus smart phones.