If you're a dark skinned female music artist, you won't sell albums in America

Sk3ptical

Free Shiesty
Daps
Reppin
#GMB #TeamForeign #7CertsGang
Why can't dark skinned women sell music in America?

Only person in the last 20 years to do any sort of numbers is Jennifer Hudson, and she barely does ok given her immense talent. (I've heard white women say her voice is "manly") :sas2:

Beyonce
Rihanna
Nicki Minaj (bleached)
Aaliyah
Alicia Keys

....those are really the only black women to sell albums in the last decade or two. And they are (were) all light.

Besides Whitney back in the day, there really aint nobody selling unless you got a capuccino skin tone.

It's fuucked up

(Thread topic only came to mind because I was listening to that SWV joint from my Above The Rim thread in the film room) :whoa:
:laff:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Raul is a lowkey racist trying to race bait his way to a thread with numbers, the topic has no base, no merit. I 1 starred this thread and neg repped this pedo name having fakkit.
I'm not a racist.

fukk you and yo momma.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Why can't dark skinned women sell music in America?

Only person in the last 20 years to do any sort of numbers is Jennifer Hudson, and she barely does ok given her immense talent. (I've heard white women say her voice is "manly") :sas2:

Beyonce
Rihanna
Nicki Minaj (bleached)
Aaliyah
Alicia Keys

....those are really the only black women to sell albums in the last decade or two. And they are (were) all light.

Besides Whitney back in the day, there really aint nobody selling unless you got a capuccino skin tone.

It's fuucked up

(Thread topic only came to mind because I was listening to that SWV joint from my Above The Rim thread in the film room) :whoa:
Aren't you white?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Oh yeah OP how could I forget

Estelle-5881.jpg

:ohlawd:

Birdie

Banned
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Who's fault is this though? The Machine backing these type of women or Black women for mostly supporting the lighter and mixed female artist? Much like in the dating game Black men of all shades are eating pretty good, it's only the darker Black women who seem to be struggling. But if Black women really believe what they say, like how Kelly Rowland is just as good or even a better singer than Beyonce, than they should support her and darker women like her instead of Beyonce, Rihanna, or Nicki Minaj. Especially since these three women have done nothing but further damage the Black woman's image with their music.

Sk3ptical

Free Shiesty
Daps
Reppin
#GMB #TeamForeign #7CertsGang
1. Missy Elliott is a household name in music. How she ain't relevant and she performed at the Super Bowl
this year?

1b. ...either way, your title doesn't assert "current relevance". If Missy surfaced tomorrow and said she was
gonna drop an album soon, that would be huge news.

2. Nobody "sell like that" anymore. But she does quite well. You forget - this is someone who still has fans
from American Idol.

3. I don't know what "color" she is considered by the zitgiest...I don't really follow that type of thing.

4. I notice you didn't say anything about the other two I listed...
she would go double wood :coffee:

N711oir

All Star
Daps
I don't think it's an exact science you have some exceptions but op is right to an extent:ohhh:. The darker females aren't marketed as desirable as the lighter counterparts your Beyoncé and Rihanna's they're your "sex symbols" if you tend to be a darker shade you get to wear more clothing be a bit more out of shape go the neo soul head wrap conscious rout / alla - Badu/ Lauryn / India :stopitslime: those that slip through cracks kelly Rowland if you want to throw Janet in there- you would be lying to yourself if you think there popularity is not based upon their white counterparts Michael:sadcam: - and Beyoncé :yeshrug: and the media and government Wesley snipped lauryns life and career. Most darker shade women they don't want you to desire them look at movies and shows - empire they put obese precious and her delinquent friend on there as the darker characters they make you think all black women are fat angry and uncivil the Anika character however:shaq: the lighter you become the more desirable you're allowed to be.