NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
iIKkmOT5.jpeg

:stopitslime:

Lauryn Hill?

Jeremih the only dark skinned r&b artist selling.

:pachaha:People throwing out 1 or 2 names remind me of white folks who say "What about Obama?" when black folks start talking about racism.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Why is a person who isn't even black concerned about the skin tone of the black artists we support is the better question IMO

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:pachaha:People throwing out 1 or 2 names remind me of white folks who say "What about Obama?" when black folks start talking about racism.
Sure darker skin is seen as a liability in the industry. But that's not what the thread is about.

Op shoulda just talked about the colorism apparent in pop culture.

But saying "dark skin women can't sell records" is demonstrably false

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sure darker skin is seen as a liability in the industry. But that's not what the thread is about.

Op shoulda just talked about the colorism apparent in pop culture.

But saying "dark skin women can't sell records" is demonstrably false
You're arguing over semantics. You clearly know what the sentiment behind the words was.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Who's fault is this though? The Machine backing these type of women or Black women for mostly supporting the lighter and mixed female artist? Much like in the dating game Black men of all shades are eating pretty good, it's only the darker Black women who seem to be struggling. But if Black women really believe what they say, like how Kelly Rowland is just as good or even a better singer than Beyonce, than they should support her and darker women like her instead of Beyonce, Rihanna, or Nicki Minaj. Especially since these three women have done nothing but further damage the Black woman's image with their music.
The darkskin women that are not mainstream, who do you think is supporting them?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah. Words have meaning.

Use them correctly. Your thread would have gone way different if you just said "it's more difficult for dark skin women to sell records"
If you knew what the sentiment was (regardless of execution) and you chose to create a false narrative to complain and create straw men arguments, that's just being an a$$hole.

:francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you knew what the sentiment was (regardless of execution) and you chose to create a false narrative to complain and create straw men arguments, that's just being an a$$hole.

:francis:
You are the one that created the false narrative.

If you go back my second post said I agree with the sentiment.

But I think there's a big difference between "can't" and "more difficult"

"Can't" tells all the little brown skin girls to stop trying.

"Difficult" tells them to try harder

As I said. Words have meaning. You gotta use them correctly.