“If you make 60k & your wife makes 40k, your household income is 60k”

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'm so glad I married my wife. I been working for 20 years to support us. She got jobs here and there but all our money always went to the family. I Put her through college while we traveled the world and I'm bout to retire in Sept. She got a job paying double what I used to make and she just told me you don't have to work if you don't want to. It's my turn.
I am gona work but working together does not fit in today's family dynamic at all. I feel sorry for you yound brehs looking for a long term partnership these days.
Thank you for acknowledging what's been denied by Gray Coli.
40 K a year is 1,538 bi weekly after taxes and other deductions she looking at 900-1000 dollars. Why would you lock yourself in with that?
I keep hearing in some states that's balling :skip:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
40 K a year is 1,538 bi weekly after taxes and other deductions she looking at 900-1000 dollars. Why would you lock yourself in with that?

Agreed, after taxes and a small 401k, that's $1100 or so.

I wouldnt lock myself in, but If she put $1000 towards living expenses, that's $1000/month extra in your pocket.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I'm so glad I married my wife. I been working for 20 years to support us. She got jobs here and there but all our money always went to the family. I Put her through college while we traveled the world and I'm bout to retire in Sept. She got a job paying double what I used to make and she just told me you don't have to work if you don't want to. It's my turn.
I am gona work but working together does not fit in today's family dynamic at all. I feel sorry for you yound brehs looking for a long term partnership these days.

Every white coworker I know got a spouse chipping in on the bills

Dchris14

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I've reached a point where I've realized these conversations really only go down on the internet. There was a point where I used to psyche myself out getting mad at these dumb IG/twitter convos until I started looking at the relationships around me and seeing how none of these rules played out among normal healthy people. All of this "men have to cover EVERYTHING" talk does not happen with any woman who actually likes you :dead:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Said that she expects the man to pay everything because that’s all she’s seen around her
I would have told that dumbass to get the fukk off Instagram. Do people not realize people are trying to make ends meet??