If you let daughter go see The Little Wenchmaid don’t be crying when she bring home a CAC in 8 years.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Minos was required to sacrifice "the fairest bull born in its herd" to Poseidon each year. One year, an extremely beautiful bull was born, Minos refused to sacrifice this bull, and sacrificed another, inferior bull instead. As punishment, Poseidon cursed his wife Pasiphaë to experience lust for the white, splendid bull.

Ultimately, Pasiphaë went to Daedalus and asked him to help her mate with the bull. Daedalus then created a hollow wooden cow covered with real cow-skin, so realistic that it fooled the Cretan Bull. Pasiphaë climbed into the structure, allowing the bull to mate with her. Pasiphaë fell pregnant and gave birth to a half-human half-bull creature that fed solely on human flesh. The child was named Asterius, after the previous king, but was commonly called the Minotaur ("the bull of Minos").[18][19][20]

Triton in the original tale is an epithet of "Poseidon" :ehh:

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
What if you're someone like me who sees that drill music IS dysfunction propaganda and movies/shows like this have insidious messaging?

Cuz we exist too.

Your gotcha ain't getting breh.
That’s why I said it’s either neither or both. I believe they both can be but the influence from drill is more detrimental. Also alot of people are Christian who think Jesus is white… there’s no bigger White savior propaganda than that.

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
it a'int just with The Little Mermaid, Hollywood has been psychologically attempting to coerce black women/girls to only seek white men for a minute now there's countless examples ie: The Flash, The Walking Dead etc... I could keep going...shyt is by design.

I never really payed attention to this until I watched Queen of the Damned. Seeing Aaliya get smutted out on the big screen by a cac was my “hey, wait a minute” moment. I think for other brehs it was Halle Berry with the whole “make me feel good”

:scust:

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

Poseidon and Triton are different figures.
Triton (/ˈtraɪtɒn/; Greek: Τρίτων, translit. Trítōn) is a Greek god of the sea, the son of Poseidon and Amphitrite, god and goddess of the sea respectively. Triton lived with his parents in a golden palace on the bottom of the sea. Later he was often depicted as having a conch shell he would blow like a trumpet.

Triton is usually represented as a merman, with the upper body of a human and the tailed lower body of a fish. At some time during the Greek and Roman era, Triton(s) became a generic term for a merman (mermen) in art and literature. In English literature, Triton is portrayed as the messenger or herald for the god Poseidon.
thats why i said "epithet". In antiquity "Heralds" and "Epithets" are very closely connected

noun
noun: epithet; plural noun: epithets
  1. an adjective or descriptive phrase expressing a quality characteristic of the person or thing mentioned.
    "old men are often unfairly awarded the epithet “dirty.”"
noun
an official messenger bringing news.
a person or thing viewed as a sign that something is about to happen.
"they considered the first primroses as the herald of spring"

be a sign that (something) is about to happen.
"the speech heralded a change in policy"

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
You edited your comment. That isn’t what you originally posted. You nikkas always scared to be wrong.
No I did not, you can see when something is edited anyways

In either case it’s right there in front of you to look at yourself. I mentioned the story of pasiphae as a old story regarding “lust for a white bull”

I always took that as an allegory for white men from europe, as there is evidence the ancient Mycenaean Greeks were not light skinned.

EDIT - well I can see whats been edited as a mod :pachaha:

Soda Papi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Interesting to see so much pushback in a thread calling out white supremacy, but when it’s about shytting on black men it seems like everyone is on board :mjpls:

Also y’all need to stop with that “B-but CACS mad tho” shyt. Downright embarassing

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
No I did not, you can see when something is edited anyways

In either case it’s right there in front of you to look at yourself. I mentioned the story of pasiphae as a old story regarding “lust for a white bull”

I always took that as an allegory for white men from europe, as there is evidence the ancient Mycenaean Greeks were not light skinned.

EDIT - well I can see whats been edited as a mod :pachaha:
Triton is Poseidon’s son. It’s okay to be wrong.

hcobbland84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is from Travis Smiley’s radio program, from July 14, 2022.

The guess is Dr. Jimmeka Anderson, National Media Literacy Leader, Ph.D, and founder of The Black Girls Film Camp.

She discusses the importance of representation and diversity for women in media, in particular black women, which is fine.

Her comments about black men and boys in the other hand:huhldup:

Listen for yourself:

I'm listening to Tavis Smiley on @TuneIn. #NowPlaying
Listen to Tavis Smiley on TuneIn

Last edited: