If you let daughter go see The Little Wenchmaid don’t be crying when she bring home a CAC in 8 years.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he-usual-suspects-kevin-spacy.gif

My lady and I had a nice brunch and afternoon too :takedat:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing that annoyed me the most this thread was not people disagreeing with @Dre God particular example but the outright denial of the importance of media and how it spreads agendas :mjcry:
It's fascinating and sad that nikkas still use dismissive "it's just a movie" like statements

We don't take the immense power of storytelling seriously enough. What's worse is cacs been using repurposed versions of our stories against us for centuries

A movie is never JUST a movie. Nor is a TV show or book. These stories shape human lives and behavior. It's deeper than this "just be a good parent" gaslighting some of y'all trying to get off. Part of that good parenting is delegating and/or contextualizing the stories your kid consumes. Because that shyt matters a lot more than y'all are pretending it does

White people made a whole Hollywood to make 100 years of white men looking like stoic, divine heroes. That same Hollywood also crafted white women into a beauty standard

Nikkas ain't spending billions of dollars on these projects for fun

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
There is definitely a dearth of straight black men doing their thing in mass media

Why couldn't the prince have been black too?

That said, cacs are so mad about the casting that I have to support this movie. There's a couple of different issues at play here, I guess just pick the side you're on.

Because two black leads = a black movie in the eyes of many. It sucks but it's simple math and Disney isn't down for that kind of risk unless and until it involves something set in Wakanda.

Anyway, it's been a wild weekend of cacs reacting badly to the trailer but that's nothing new or surprising since they've been foaming at the mouth from the moment Ariel was cast what feels like a decade ago.

What IS surprising are the negative reactions from black men (and some bw) to the other casting choices (Prince Eric, King Triton, etc) that have been known for a while.

The conspiracy theorist part of my brain is really tingling right now but that's a topic for a different thread imo.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Because two black leads = a black movie in the eyes of many. It sucks but it's simple math and Disney isn't down for that kind of risk unless and until it involves something set in Wakanda.

Anyway, it's been a wild weekend of cacs reacting badly to the trailer but that's nothing new or surprising since they've been foaming at the mouth from the moment Ariel was cast what feels like a decade ago.

What IS surprising are the negative reactions from black men (and some bw) to the other casting choices (Prince Eric, King Triton, etc) that have been known for a while.

The conspiracy theorist part of my brain is really tingling right now but that's a topic for a different thread imo.
I knew that Eric was gonna be white due to black women with white men is the pattern that's being put out heavily for the past few years.

Triton I suspected to be a breh but I'm still not surprised.

My thing with conspiracy theories is that its so easy to handwave it all away, but then the truth starts coming out about the Tuskegee Experiments, welfare system family breakdown, the government sponsored start of the crack era which in turn led directly to the War on Drugs, which led to a massive lockup of black men, and pretty soon you're at the point where you realize you can't put anything past the powers that be.

So when I see a bunch of us that are allegedly black who just roll their eyes at someone saying be watchful because these people have never stopped attacking the black family unit, I'm flabbergasted.

And angry. As well as sad.

Cuz yeah, it's just a movie about a mermaid.

But it's not happening in a vacuum.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I knew that Eric was gonna be white due to black women with white men is the pattern that's being put out heavily for the past few years.

My thing with conspiracy theories is that its so easy to handwave it all away, but then the truth starts coming out about the Tuskegee Experiments, welfare system family breakdown, the government sponsored start of the crack era which in turn led directly to the War on Drugs, which led to a massive lockup of black men, and pretty soon you're at the point where you realize you can't put anything past the powers that be.

So when I see a bunch of us that are allegedly black who just roll their eyes at someone saying be watchful because these people have never stopped attacking the black family unit, I'm flabbergasted.

My conspiracy theory has nothing to do with any of that though. I actually just find it interesting that two groups of people who are (allegedly) diametrically opposed in EVERY other way all came to the conclusion that "New Mermaid Movie Bad 😡!!"

Princess Tiana "bedwenched" as well but I don't remember seeing this much black outrage about a Disney princesses IR paring. There was definitely some white outrage but they mostly got clowned, laughed at and called out for the racists they were.

Yet all of a sudden there's another rare black Disney princess in 2022 and both cacs AND blacks are upset!? To me this feels more like the Black Media Machine didn't lambaste Disney hard enough 13yrs ago on the topic so cac agents have infiltrated our spaces to a point where now even black men are "outraged" about the movie just for slightly different reasons.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

Just last year a breh made a post on what he thinks on us and I have to agree with him...

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My conspiracy theory has nothing to do with any of that though. I actually just find it interesting that two groups of people who are (allegedly) diametrically opposed in EVERY other way all came to the conclusion that "New Mermaid Movie Bad 😡!!"

Princess Tiana "bedwenched" as well but I don't remember seeing this much black outrage about a Disney princesses IR paring. There was definitely some white outrage but they mostly got clowned, laughed at and called out for the racists they were.

Yet all of a sudden there's another rare black Disney princess in 2022 and both cacs AND blacks are upset!? To me this feels more like the Black Media Machine didn't lambaste Disney hard enough 13yrs ago on the topic so cac agents have infiltrated our spaces to a point where now even black men are "outraged" about the movie just for slightly different reasons.
You not slick with this comment man:mjlol:

Princess and the Frog was a 2d animated Disney movie in a time where Disney had stopped doing 2d animated features for years. It didn't have the gravitas of a mainline Disney release so it didn't command that type of attention

Disney made a loud announcement about the Little Mermaid, and are in the social media age where conversations are loud and public

And this "This is out of my realm of perception y'all GOTTA be white" shyt gotta stop:mjlol: This lack of critical thinking skills is how so many of y'all get finessed so easily

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
You’re dumb as a doorknob

I remember when your stupid ass literally quoted paragraphs from “Biden’s plan for black America” that mentioned white women and other minorities, and your dumb ass had the nerve to say that the program was only for blacks people

Please stay out of discussions that require more than a 2nd grade level of critical thinking

• Reducing our unacceptably high African American maternal mortality rate. African American women are 2.5 times more likely to die from pregnancy complications than non-Hispanic white women. California came up with a strategy that halved the state’s maternal death rate. The Biden plan takes the California strategy nationwide."

Only time it mentions white women

mentions minorities 0 times
    :camby: