If you don't have Global Entry or TSA Precheck, then you are losing

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The time you took to get that shyt is the same time you could've took to get to the airport early

Daps
Most people don’t need it. You’d have to be taking some actual flights for business related, time sensitive things to get the full advantage.

It’s a weak flex, bragging about spending $200+ dollars to save 15-30 mins on the only two to three fukking flights your gonna take this year.

Anything else is just extra and a waste. Why would you need to get on a flight in less than, say, 20 mins when you’ve planned this trip and taken time off from work to go?

And, I say that having both and a UK fast border entry. I wouldn’t even say I needed all three, maybe just the TSA pre and UK border.

Honestly, I love the airport because I’ve spent a lot of time traveling, so when I see people complaining about anything airport related in regards to the basic operations like lines and the like, I just laugh at them. What the fukk did you think it would be like?

What makes you think Global Entry cost $200? :dahell:

It’s $15 more than Precheck, which you acknowledge is worth it. The extra $3 a year for Global Entry is absolutely worth it.

Clear is the real rip off. If your company ain’t paying for it, I have no idea why anyone would buy that product.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
What makes you think Global Entry cost $200? :dahell:

It’s $15 more than Precheck, which you acknowledge is worth it. The extra $3 a year for Global Entry is absolutely worth it.

Clear is the real rip off. If your company ain’t paying for it, I have no idea why anyone would buy that product.
I got them separately, that’s why it costed me as much as it did. Then when you add my UK border entry, it was over $200 for me.

It really isn’t a game changer as much as people make it out to be unless you travel enough, that’s my point. Even for, let’s say, the five years you get it for, on average, how many times would anyone leave the country and need to come back in a swift manner?

Most times the lines aren’t even that bad. It’d only be beneficial if you know you have time constraints on connecting flights, which most people don’t really because, unless the suffer a serious delay, time has been factored in or they’re traveling leisurely so they have time to spare.

I know, for me, I’m at least in the UK 3 times a year for work, that’s 15 times average in a 5 year period. And, on top of that, when I come back into the states, I usually have more work to do so I’m still traveling with business intent.

And yes, Clear is a ripoff for sure. I never understood why people fukked with it other than it was a TSA alternative that’s even more elitist.

It’s not expensive, just not really a flex or necessary for those who won’t utilize it for its full potential and just see it as a skip the line feature.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Global Entry is cheap at twice the price. One of the best purchases ever. Comes with TSA Precheck so you're good money

I get Clear through my Amex Platinum but I don't really use it TBH so I can't comment on it.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Global entry is amazing. Just came back from Japan Saturday. Went to the camera. Said I am good. Went to the desk, dude asked if I had anything to declare. I said no and i was off. 30 second process. Didn't even pull out my passport.

Daps
I got them separately, that’s why it costed me as much as it did. Then when you add my UK border entry, it was over $200 for me.

It really isn’t a game changer as much as people make it out to be unless you travel enough, that’s my point. Even for, let’s say, the five years you get it for, on average, how many times would anyone leave the country and need to come back in a swift manner?

Most times the lines aren’t even that bad. It’d only be beneficial if you know you have time constraints on connecting flights, which most people don’t really because, unless the suffer a serious delay, time has been factored in or they’re traveling leisurely so they have time to spare.

I know, for me, I’m at least in the UK 3 times a year for work, that’s 15 times average in a 5 year period. And, on top of that, when I come back into the states, I usually have more work to do so I’m still traveling with business intent.

And yes, Clear is a ripoff for sure. I never understood why people fukked with it other than it was a TSA alternative that’s even more elitist.

It’s not expensive, just not really a flex or necessary for those who won’t utilize it for its full potential and just see it as a skip the line feature.

You chose to spend all that money. That’s a you problem. Evaluating a product based on your decision to unnecessarily stack additional costs isn’t really germane to this discussion.

$85 for TSA Precheck is worth it if you fly domestically just a few times a year. An additional $15 Global Entry is worth it if you travel internationally even once a year. Add to this the fact that most can get a credit card that will cover this cost, and it’s a certified no-brainer.

And while the focus is on the time savings benefit since TSA Precheck lines are typically quicker, the other big benefit is not having to get undressed to clear the checkpoint. Even when the airport is empty and Precheck line is longer, I still always take it for that reason alone.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
You chose to spend all that money. That’s a you problem. Evaluating a product based on your decision to unnecessarily stack additional costs isn’t really germane to this discussion.

$85 for TSA Precheck is worth it if you fly domestically even a few times a year. An additional $15 Global Entry is worth it if you travel internationally even once a year. Add to this the fact that most can get a credit card that will cover this cost, and it’s a certified no-brainer.

And while the focus is on the time savings benefit since TSA Precheck lines are typically quicker, the other big benefit is not having to get undressed to clear the checkpoint. Even when the airport is empty and Precheck line is longer, I still always take it for that reason alone.
I’m not even gonna argue with you because it’s like you didn’t even read my post.

You’re a goddamn idiot, good day.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Global entry is amazing. Just came back from Japan Saturday. Went to the camera. Said I am good. Went to the desk, dude asked if I had anything to declare. I said no and i was off. 30 second process. Didn't even pull out my passport.
I remember I went to DR during the holiday season last year, flew back into JFK the customs line was CRAZY, had to be like 90 mins. Went through global entry, scanned myself, the DHS guy said welcome home, out the door

shyt is so worth it