If you can't see it now, you'll never see it.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:dahell:

I'm just pointing out that MS working with these dev's on The Medium has nothing to do with Konami's game

but wouldn't it be better if SH2 was just multiplatform, and not a timed exclusive? it's not like Konami 'needs' any help
It definitely would be better if people didn't have to wait because of an timed agreement. I'm not too worried about those deals though, because you will eventually get the game. You're ass out when an entire publisher and their IPs are made exclusive.

As far as Konami and what they need: The one thing we already know is that they stepped away from AAA games, which is one of the reasons that led to Kojima walking away. They probably weren't moving on these projects without some outside support/incentives.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It definitely would be better if people didn't have to wait because of an timed agreement. I'm not too worried about those deals though, because you will eventually get the game. You're ass out when an entire publisher and their IPs are made exclusive.

So please explain why y’all have so much smoke for Microsoft buying studios but still supporting communities wherever they play, But y’all don’t have the same energy for Sony buying shyt to specifically keep it off other platforms?

Even the games Microsoft chooses not to put on playstation still have much further reach then any Sony game.

Like starfield will have a much larger potential user base than FF7R, a game sony didn’t even develop but paid specifically to keep off other platforms.

How is Microsoft the bad actor here??

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So please explain why y’all have so much smoke for Microsoft buying studios but still supporting communities wherever they play, But y’all don’t have the same energy for Sony buying shyt to specifically keep it off other platforms?

Even the games Microsoft chooses not to put on playstation still have much further reach then any Sony game.

Like starfield will have a much larger potential user base than FF7R, a game sony didn’t even develop but paid specifically to keep off other platforms.

How is Microsoft the bad actor here??
I just ate a granny smith apple. I had forgotten how tart they were, but it was still delicious.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
The exclusive stuff is going a bit too far now, we took several steps forward when crossplay was implemented, and now it's like they're trying to double back and find a new way to trap people into a single console again.

Back when it was just 1 or 2 well known games that were poster games for a system (Like Halo, Uncharted) it was cool, but buying out whole companies isn't looking too good for the future of gaming.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
I'm telling you, gaming is going to be like video streaming soon, you'll have to buy whole systems just to access half the available games, if not they'll eventually reach the point where you can play Xbox games on Playstation as long as you purchase Xbox Live for your playstation and vice versa. You'll have to buy multiple subscriptions just to play the majority of games on the market.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
they decided to pay for THE MEDIUM instead of SILENT HILL 2 :russ: .. that aint sonys problem.
full

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
You/yall keep going back to this as if this is where it all began. If you want to be bad at someone for really starting that trend then be mad at nintendo. Then be mad at Sony who followed suite with the PS1 then be mad at MS who followed suite with the 360.

Sony is buying what they needs to buy and what they can afford and nothing more. Why would Sony by AB or other studios before MS started buying them when they were getting all the exclusive content anyway?

And I'm still waiting on FF 7RE for xbox.... 6 months to a year tho.
Sony acquiring SE. Xbox ain't getting FF 7RE. But they'll get Crisis Core, just like Sony will end up getting a non mainline CoD. That's how this game is shaping up. At the end of the day, for Microsoft and Sony, it's about having the exclusives that will bring people to their platforms. Like how I have Netflix because I like Stranger Things and their other originals, and I have Peacock because I like wrestling.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony acquiring SE. Xbox ain't getting FF 7RE. But they'll get Crisis Core, just like Sony will end up getting a non mainline CoD. That's how this game is shaping up. At the end of the day, for Microsoft and Sony, it's about having the exclusives that will bring people to their platforms. Like how I have Netflix because I like Stranger Things and their other originals, and I have Peacock because I like wrestling.

That's how it's ALWAYS been. But Xbox has dropped the ball on exclusives their last 2 gens and people still making excuses for leadership's incompetence in this area. Games always will and have always have made the system.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
How come these dudes have sooooo much smoke for exclusives and exclusivity contracts
but you never hear them say
Gee, I wish I they would put Mario in GamePass
Gaming should be about playing everything everywhere with no restrictions, right?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm fine with that, always have been. I've only had a problem with 3rd party popular franchises and games being in limbo and silence as to when or if it's coming to a system. Some games I'd wait to play on switch, other on Xbox or PS. It just depends...

I also don't like the fact that people act like MS is snatching games off the the market left and right when as of the last couple generation they have been the most forth coming with support of titles across a multitude of platforms.

I mean even just today they announced a fallout 4 upgrade patch that includes PS5.

If it was the other way around and Sony owned then, either Xbox wouldn't get it and or it would be 70 for PS users to upgrade
:francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's how it's ALWAYS been. But Xbox has dropped the ball on exclusives their last 2 gens and people still making excuses for leadership's incompetence in this area. Games always will and have always have made the system.

The exclusives have been fine for what they had and for not trying to block or lock up big titles with timed exclusives, y'all just downplay them.

But now with them buying studios and being more aggressive with timed exclusives ( mostly with indie and smaller projects) things are heating up again.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The exclusives have been fine for what they had and for not trying to block or lock up big titles with timed exclusives, y'all just downplay them.

But now with them buying studios and being more aggressive with timed exclusives ( mostly with indie and smaller projects) things are heating up again.

no they have not. The backhalf of the 360 gen (when the same timed exclusives yall crying about today that they had back then ran out) and the entire XB1 generation were a joke exclusive wise. Nothing new.

The fact yall still made and continue making excuses for this shyt is mind boggling but carry on. :snooze: