If you can't see it now, you'll never see it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You mean like Psychonauts 2 where MS bought a multi platform studio and then refused to make a PS5 version of a game?

But lemme guess, that's different.

I wish I could play the new Kojima Xbox exclusive on my PS5 :francis:
Fall out 4 is owned by Microsoft...
PN2 is owned by Microsoft and PlayStation got the benefits of getting the full game like xbox instead of the unfinished one that was planning on being launched.

Death loop just got a update after the exclusivity deal was up for PS5.

Meanwhile on PlayStation end, you couldn't even update final fantasy 7 re to the next generation Version for almost a year and if you got the "free version" you couldn't at all until like December last year...

But ok.. i guess they dropped the ball with final fantasy and the contracts, but are A1 with all these other contacts.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And of course MS fulfilled that promise with a technicality - we'll make a PS4 version, just not a PS5 version tho.
At the time of the kickstarter there was no PS5.

When microsoft purchased double fine and said they would honor the kickstarter there was no PS5.

After a bunch of delays and expansions to the game PS5 and Series X came out.

The way backwards compatible games works is very different on PS5 and Xbox.

Xbox has smart delivery so publishers only need to release one Sku and the game scales to whatever system you are on.

On playstation you need to make two separate SKUs one for PS4 and one for PS5.

So microsoft would have had to go out of their way to make a PS5 specific SKU something they didn’t even do on xbox.

They probably figured it wasn’t worth the money/trouble.:manny:

Trust me, nobody picked up an xbox for the “next gen” upgrade to Phsyconaughts :mjlol:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Fall out 4 is owned by Microsoft...
PN2 is owned by Microsoft and PlayStation got the benefits of getting the full game like xbox instead of the unfinished one that was planning on being launched.

Death loop just got a update after the exclusivity deal was up for PS5.

Meanwhile on PlayStation end, you couldn't even update final fantasy 7 re to the next generation Version for almost a year and if you got the "free version" you couldn't at all until like December last year...

But ok.. i guess they dropped the ball with final fantasy and the contracts, but are A1 with all these other contacts.

And guess what? I cant play Stalker 2, Contraband, or the new Kojima exclusive on PS5 when they come out.

Both of these companies are cutting the same types of deals. Thats always been gaming.

If any single one of these games is a hit like FF7R yall will be shyt posting like crazy in this forum and act like yall never said anything yall did in this thread.

All these other games you're listing were PS4/PS5 games before the Bethesda acquisition settled. They arent going to cut post-launch support just because they got new owners. You guys are just muddying the waters now so you got more room to juelz.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So let's wrap this thread up eh?

In summary, Microsoft is far better because they care about the customer, aren't evil and haven't done any slick deals that didn't benefit other competitors.

Sony on the other hand is FUKKING EVIL, aNTi consUMER and has no games anyway.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And guess what? I cant play Stalker 2, Contraband, or the new Kojima exclusive on PS5 when they come out.

Both of these companies are cutting the same types of deals. Thats always been gaming.

If any single one of these games is a hit like FF7R yall will be shyt posting like crazy in this forum and act like yall never said anything yall did in this thread.

All these other games you're listing were PS4/PS5 games before the Bethesda acquisition settled. They arent going to cut post-launch support just because they got new owners. You guys are just muddying the waters now so you got more room to juelz.

Again I don't have a problem with exclusive deals.

I think it's healthy, but Sony locking up arguably the most popular 3rd party games, and making sure they don't launch on other platforms with contacts is whack.

Even still I'm not mad at them for it, it's what you do.

But I'm not gonna pretend like I don't see all the other stuff along with it as a whole package.

And there is a clear difference in what Sony locks up and what MS does. All those games you mention are either, small, niche, or new IPs.

Silent hill 2 and final fantasy 7 though :francis:

Games like the ones you mentioned do nothing but benefit from being exclusively on gamepass. I can tell you right now, I've never played stalker and probably wouldn't even think about giving the new one a try if it wasn't on gamepass.

Anyway it's the Stan's that bother me more than Sony. At least Sony is doing what they are supposed to do

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again I don't have a problem with exclusive deals.

I think...
200.gif

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Thats exactly why we didnt have cross play back then lol. MS wanted Sony to pay for it because theyre risking market share if they were to allow it.

But I'll let the bots tell you how Sony is "evil" and "arrogant" for doing the same thing.
And Sony didn't forget.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So let's wrap this thread up eh?

In summary, Microsoft is far better because they care about the customer, aren't evil and haven't done any slick deals that didn't benefit other competitors.

Sony on the other hand is FUKKING EVIL, aNTi consUMER and has no games anyway.
Objection.

Your honor and the Jury, does Lardass here have a gamepass account (I believe he does)
Does he have a PSnow subscription that is currently active tho :patrice:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Facts. Even if this deal goes through, wtf changes at the end of the day. It's still the same shytty MS.

These guys legit let this whole Activision acquisition be the center of their lives this entire year. But got zero criticism for MS lack of 1P games this year or how they fukked up Halo.
it's not like MS didn't want to release games this year. shyt got pushed back to next year

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
it's not like MS didn't want to release games this year. shyt got pushed back to next year

Two games that were acquired in the Bethesda acquisition were delayed.

Its almost going to be 5 years for shyt like Hellblade 2 since the Ninja Theory purchase was announced back in 2018.

MS has always been trash at managing studios and producing games since the 360 era.