if you are a pro gun american...

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
how a government who got started with a bullet..gone end the bullet..

without guns..nuthin would be revolutionary or civil about this country past...

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
What im saying is a presence is a deterrant. Cops do not walk the streets like they used to.. When you look at the new york model you see that 1, cops are in abundance and b they are all over the place, well at least in commerce zones. This is why new york is so soft now. The money will not be fukked up. If chicago wants to curb violence they either need to hire more police or let citizens deter criminals so organized crime can bubble behind the scenes and keep shyt civil.

Thanks mowgli for this rational argument against firearm proliferation :dj2:

Daps
Well that's why you make the process of obtaining a firearm a stringent one... and increase the punishment for owning illegal firearms.

-You start throwing people in jail for 10 years for owning an illegal firearm... I bet the numbers will go down a little.

-You start checking out the people buying the guns better... I bet you a few less crazy people are gonna get their hands on guns

-You start throwing people in jail for possessing unnceccesary/illegal ammunition, I bet the number will decrease.

-You start holding the people who bought the gun in the first place responsible for what happens with that gun (within reason of course), I bet you guns won't "end up in the wrong hands" as much....

You don't have to completely get rid of guns... You just need better regulation on who can own them and the punishment for owning them illegally.

Gun murders will never compelely end... But that doesn't mean they can be dramatically decreased. The fact that gun related murders can't be stopped isn't a good reason to dismiss tougher regulations....

Edit: And for those who are gonna say "We waste too much money on the jail system"

Well while we're throwing these people in jail... we can stop putting people in jail for some of these non-violent crimes.

We've actually seen a dramatic reduction.

At any rate, I'm all for better, stricter regulation (although I disagree with many of your suggestions). But gun laws should be focused on deterring criminals and crime, not hassling law abiding citizens.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Well that's why you make the process of obtaining a firearm a stringent one... and increase the punishment for owning illegal firearms.

-You start throwing people in jail for 10 years for owning an illegal firearm... I bet the numbers will go down a little.

-You start checking out the people buying the guns better... I bet you a few less crazy people are gonna get their hands on guns

-You start throwing people in jail for possessing unnceccesary/illegal ammunition, I bet the number will decrease.

-You start holding the people who bought the gun in the first place responsible for what happens with that gun (within reason of course), I bet you guns won't "end up in the wrong hands" as much....

You don't have to completely get rid of guns... You just need better regulation on who can own them and the punishment for owning them illegally.

Gun murders will never compelely end... But that doesn't mean they can be dramatically decreased. The fact that gun related murders can't be stopped isn't a good reason to dismiss tougher regulations....

Edit: And for those who are gonna say "We waste too much money on the jail system"

Well while we're throwing these people in jail... we can stop putting people in jail for some of these non-violent crimes.

You are totaly missing the point. It does not matter the sentence, crminals/people will still get their hands on guns. People know that killing someone can get u a life sentence or the death penalty. But people still go out and committ murder.. and u totaly skipped over my point about all the deaths that happen by kitchen knives,alcohol and cigs. Do u want to ban all those items too?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
For all you dudes claiming guns are needed for protection, where is your proof? I could show you hundreds of instances of gun violence every day. But it's pretty rare that you here about a dude going Clint Eastwood and stopping a guman before he does any damage. There are more instances in which a gun made the situation worse (Trevon Martin) then there are of someone thwarting a criminal with their gun.

If a guy pulls his gun on you will you realy be able to get to your gun and shoot him before he shoots you?
The only way a gun serves as good protection is if the person your aiming at doesn't have a gun.
20 thousand more people were killed from second hand smoking each year compared to gun related deaths. Banning guns does not lower the murder rate. People will use other methods to kill and where there is greed and fast money to be made, there will be violent deaths.

:smugdraper: <-- more likely to body you then a man with a gun.

Ghost of $oCal

sit your dumbazz down
Daps
Reppin
$oKhalifas/Money Gang
uhhh if you havent noticed criminals have the upper hand all over the country RIGHT NOW. who you foolin.

you have a gun under your bed. burgular comes in thru the back door. you dont hear him cause your fan is on(to noisey). he creeps up on you. POP POP> nite nite. you never had a chance to pull your weapon.

you at the ATM, criminal runs up on you with gun in hand. "GIVE ME THE MONEY NUCCA" you have a gun on you. but you cant reach for it or else "POP POP." you lose again.

you're in the theater watching the last batman. some fool gets up and unloads. you have a gun on you, but its to late dude shot you in the back of the head since he was sitting behind you. POP POP.

criminals will always have the upper hand even if you have a gun or not. unless you are trigger happy yourself and sitting there with your gun in hand on edge. if a nucca look funny you shooting. and if thats the case you will kill more innocent then you will criminals.

So again why do you need that gun so badly?

truth is, if you want protection remember you cant shoot a bullet. the best thing would be for people to have very thin and lightweight armor on at all times(vests) since most people shoot for the chest or back. its a tougher shot to shoot someone in the head. but you can have a bullet proof fitted hat created. thats very light in weight.

thats what yall should be calling for.

Last edited by a moderator:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Chicago homocides
1990: 851[6]
1991: 927[7]
1992: 943[7]
1993: 855[7]
1994: 931[7]
1995: 828[7]
1996: 796[7]
1997: 761[7]
1998: 704[7]
1999: 643[7]
2000: 633[7]
2001: 667[7]
2002: 656[7]
2003: 601[7]
2004: 453[7]
2005: 451[7]
2006: 471[7]
2007: 448[7]
2008: 513[7]
2009: 459[7]
2010: 436[7]
2011: 433[7]

Not in 2012 doggy.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
From my own perspective, I think a lot of black men are obsessed with being hyper-masculine and socially conservative, especially black men from the south, so they cling on to foolish assertions about what's right and what's wrong based on a traditionalist view of the world, and I believe personally that this is a result of programming by cultural institutions.

"Women need to stay in the kitchen"

"I need a gun in my house"

"Gay people shouldn't get married"

"Drugs should be illegal"

And a whole other host of foolishly held views which are not based on facts, but anecdote. I usually avoid discussions of culture, but I think its important in this thread.

Next up on the logical fallacy train is this idiot. What I said, as opposed to what you said I said, is that I could theoretically invite someone I have no connection to to my home, shoot them, and simply say that they were an intruder on my property. I'm not sure what you mean by "legislative society"... what society isn't "legislative".... Our legislative society can't distinguish whether Casey Anthony or OJ Simpson are guilty despite overwhelming evidence.

:rudy:

:childplease:

There is nothing socially conservative about the culture of Black Americans. On the surface yes but out of wed-lock births, rampant drug abuse and an aversion towards education is the definition of socially liberal. If you argue against weed use on here you will be shut down immediately and neg repped. I know from experience so kill that noise.

Stop confusing the the-coli.com with real life. If anything Blacks in America collectively need to become more socially conservative. We are the only minority group for the most part aren't.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
:childplease:

There is nothing socially conservative about the culture of Black Americans. On the surface yes but out of wed-lock births, rampant drug abuse and an aversion towards education is the definition of socially liberal. If you argue against weed use on here you will be shut down immediately and neg repped. I know from experience so kill that noise.

:snooze: Try again

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Legislating is writing laws, not enforcing them :heh:

According to who? Is there any guarantee of this?

This is already EASY. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE IT NOTICEABLY EASIER?? YOU CAN ALREADY COMMIT A DRIVE BY, WHY NOT GIVE EVERY CAR OWNER A GUN? :heh:

Not even gonna address this :heh: this is just stupid as fukk

You have no come back for what I said. U have no rebuttle. The only thing u can do is say "this is stupid as fucc" u lost

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is your proof? Like I said the only way a gun serves as good protection is if the person you aiming your gun at is unarmed. If she could stand behind that door and shoot the man, she could have stood behind the door and hit him with a bat, pepper spray, taser, etc. The only thing a gun did in this situation is took a life.

Although the guy was wrong for breaking in, gun owners like this lady are just waiting for their opportunity to shoot a mufukka. If she really just wanted to protect her baby she could heve yelled out to him or let off a warning shot, but no she waited behind the door and ambushed him as he walked in. She wanted to kill that guy not protect her baby.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
Guns are not the problem mental health in America is a problem

this is the main enormous issue behind it all

american's aren't ordinary

this is why people murder for nothing

its why cops shoot a dude with a knife 50 times

its why u go ravage other countries etcetera